What's new

Utah Jazz @ Portland Bushwhackers, 8:30PM Mountain on ESPN

David Stern

It's been a while since I've done one of these, but what the hell.

Tonight we take on one of the weirdest-nicknamed teams in the NBA with the chance to win the season series and potential playoff tiebreaker. We all know that Portland is a strange place, full of runners and Nike apparel, but you think they could've done better naming their basketball team.

So what the hell is a trail blazer? A quick google search says the following:

/ˈtrālˌblāzər/ (wtf?)
noun
  1. a person who makes a new track through wild country.
  2. synonyms: explorer; bushwhacker
Clearly, the Bushwhackers is a MUCH better name and it should be changed immediately. You're welcome, whoever the hell owns the Blazers now.

51S3Vr2j8BL.jpg

It is not a mere concidence that this man has returned at our darkest hour.....

Screen_Shot_2019_01_29_at_11.08.29_PM.0.png

May the power of Boris help us defeat that douchebag Nurkic.

GO JAZZ!

Due to lower ratings since LeBron moved to LA, I wonder if the NBA might re-think their programming schedules. Hopefully, they just think about bumping up everything mountain and pacific up an hour.

If there's a picture of Boris where he doesn't look like the coolest, smoothest cat in the room, I haven't seen it.

His Memoirs (and you know he has them and penned them with an old school quill) will be the best selling book ever and civilizations thousands of years into the future will consider them divinely inspired.

This is a normal Pacific Time start lol. Like all home games for GSW/SAC/LAL/LAC/POR are at 7:30 PST.

We're 1 point favorites somehow. Nurkic is questionable with a knee bruise. That'd be huge if he were out since he can give Rudy fits and drop in the pick and roll. Rudy sometimes has trouble with those really wide bodies and guys who can just put their body into him and flip hook shots over him.