What's new

Utah Jazz' sleazy new sponsor?

I actually knew a company of engineering and math nerds that had servers across the street from the major exchanges... they had sold algorithms and other data to the big brokers for a bunch of money and were able to complete trades so quickly that they were making money in the trading margins... so as long as there was market activity they made money. They solicited zero dollars from outside investors and were very tight lipped about everything they did... they made tens of millions... drove 20 year old cars and dressed in jeans with holes in them... one of the lessons I learned as a young CPA was that most people with a ton of cash very rarely peacocked it out there and they kept useful info close to the vest.
You’re my second favorite CPA. Here’s my first:

You’re my second favorite CPA. Here’s my first:

Ha!!! That's funny... you know all those jokes people make about CPAs... well I'm here to tell you... they are mostly true. Luckily I'm more like Ben from Parks and Rec... other CPAs love my cheesy jokes... like the coolest of the nerds.

I've never dealt with Vivint but I've found every home security system company that I've encountered to be sleazy fear mongers.

So......they might as well go all in.

Maybe they can sell advertising to some pay day loan companies next.

Last edited:
They could not possibly go lower than Washakie Renewable Energy. The day I saw that sponsor I knew it was a huge scam. Did some research and became even more certain how dirty it was. The company was run by a polygomous family who I had met before, and personally knew that their values were in direct contradiction with their company mission statement. Turned out to be a ten times bigger scam than I had imagined.

The day trading ads are funny. Why don't they just spend the advertising money in the stock market, since they are obviously so good at picking stocks?

They could not possibly go lower than Washakie Renewable Energy. The day I saw that sponsor I knew it was a huge scam. Did some research and became even more certain how dirty it was. The company was run by a polygomous family who I had met before, and personally knew that their values were in direct contradiction with their company mission statement. Turned out to be a ten times bigger scam than I had imagined.

Thats a lot of used cooking oil

Thats a lot of used cooking oil
Yeah, and the crazy thing is that it was also almost none. They were literally selling the exact same used cooking oil between numerous entities as if it was new product over and over, and collecting government subsidies every time. It's a scam that some polygamous cults call "milking the beast," and they seem to believe they have some sort of god given right to do it. Absolutely disgusting.

Who cares lol? Their money is just as green. No one has to pay any attention to any sponsor lol, let alone use them. As long as they’re paying the bills to enhance the organization and make it have more money to keep players happy I don’t care if it’s some dumb scheme like Try day trading lol. They aren’t getting my business doesn’t matter how much money they give to advertise.

As for 1280, our local radio shows really aren’t that bad tbh. Spence is the best in the market no doubt, but both 1280 and 700 are better than a lot of local stations I’ve heard or listened to around the country tbh.