What's new

Utah Jazz Veteran players fire sale watch

I could see it. Craig and Crowder… both guys that can be flipped… and a 2024 unprotected pick… or like top 4.

I think the Lakers is a foregone conclusion. We can trade multiple pieces in the same trade. But say they want Beasley/Mike or JC and Vando for a first… then you deal Bogey separately. Not sure if Jae would want a reunion with Lebron but there could be a three way brewing somewhere… and not just at @hearsky’s moms house.

I'd only want to keep Clarkson, just because he's awesome. The rest need to go. Bogie, Gay, Conley, even young vets like Beasley. Gay and Conley will be tough to move though.
I'm okay if Conley stays, the young guys will need someone to get them the ball in a good spot. Even rebuilding teams need a couple vets.
Beat me to it!

Lots of top teams looking for that one piece that gives them some scoring oomph and a veteran presence will value Bogey. A lot. Lakers, Suns, I could even see Boston or Miami interested. In fact I have a hard time seeing many teams that would not value what he brings, except the tankers like us. At least Bogey made an effort at playing on both ends of the court and at times showed on D pretty well. We should be able to get some value for him.

My proposed trade with the Lakers to unload a lot of the veterans:
Bogey + Conley + Beasley + Vando + The Brooklyn Pick > Westbrook + Nunn + 27 unprotected + 29 unprotected + 2 x 2nd round picks (if we can't get the 29 then 4 2nd picks and drop the Brooklyn pick)

Then in season trade Jordan Clarkson to a contender and trade Nunn at the deadline for another pick. Do a 5 year stretch with Gay and waive. Possibly let Westbrook play and let his salary expire.

According to Tony, the Jazz are active on multiple fronts with Conley, Bogey, and Clarkson. The Jazz sold the house, so let's see what we get for the furniture.

I think these are the players we need to move

Bogdanovic - worth first round draft pick
Clarkson - worth late first
Beasley - worth some seconds
Conley - worth a second or 2
Gay - probably negative value at this point

I want the players to go to teams that will beat the wolves and cavs.

Great narrative for what would be a great trade for us. Like, I think it actually makes some sense (assuming Boston stays under the tax).

Another question is if the Celtics could get a disabled player exception for Gallo.
The thing is Gay wasnt that bad last year. He was just a bad fit and I guess didnt vibe well with Snyder.

We are currently 3-5 players over the roster limit and will need to sell some of these players for picks AND no salary in return. So any trade involving Bogey/Conley/JC with more players coming in wouldn't be practical.

I mean we have already agreed to a Lakers deal. It will come out this afternoon or next week when the players can officially be aggregated.

We are currently 3-5 players over the roster limit and will need to sell some of these players for picks AND no salary in return. So any trade involving Bogey/Conley/JC with more players coming in wouldn't be practical.
Hence why the Westbrook noise and fact that training camp is right around the corner makes a deal seem like a formality at this point. I wouldn't be shocked if it's simply a matter of debating over protections, but my guess is the deal is basically complete and could happen this afternoon or this weekend.