What's new

Utah Jazz VS LA Clippers Friday 12/28/12 @ 7:00 ROOT Sports 1280 AM/ 97.5 FM

People are going to complain about the refs and rightfully so but The Jazz lost this game in the 3rd quarter when the starters decided to go into cruise control against the hottest team in the league - wasting possession after possession while playing zero defense. Did they think The Clippers were going to just ****ing give up down by 15?

The one way calls were a travesty; but The Jazz put themselves in a positio to get robbed.

Our offense was ****ing pathetic in that quarter and Watson was getting abused, again, by Chrissy. Absolutely zero on-the-fly adjustments from Ty.

Kanter could be a key on this game, he was dominating the paint and brought some energy in the game. I think that Kanter is our best offensive Player, he is strong like a bull, has range, good footwork and is also good on the FT. If you not let him in when he´s that hot, than this is just bad coaching.
And why the ****, they gave every ball to Favors on the low post ? So often they just tried to play through Favors (Bad O Player) instead of going through Kanter (great O Player)
That pissed me really off, Favors is a great defender, but a really poor offensive player.

Corbin is such a bad coach, that I really think, that Favors just is getting more time than Kanter, becausse he´s 1 year older.

whatever, they are both GREAT talents, and normally need more than 30 minutes a game in League which is houngry on BIG-MAN.

The Key word there is IF. I think the Jazz could almost loose every game for the rest of the season and Ty wouldn't loose his job. When what the last time the Jazz fired anyone. Before they moved to Utah?
Becuase the Jazz had Stockton and Malone + Jerry for so long, the hard part about the Jazz having an identity as an organization is identical to those three players (mostly Jerry) I think the Jazz will fire Corbin for underperformance, but it would still be longer than other orgs would do.

On another note, i do think not putting in Favors for a defensive situation at end seems to be the most obvious mistake. Also, Foye was shut down by Barnes - who is is and able defender and played sparingly enough to be very able - why go right at him at the end.

At the tail end of our second-quarter run, Watson was tired. Chrissy had been a ghost, but finally got his offense rolling -- a few good set ups and a bucket before Tinsley came back in. So, what does Corbin do for large stretches of the third quarter? Goes right back to Chrissy vs. Watson.

- Ty does not know when to call a timeout to stop a run.
During that momentous comeback by the Clippers, Mike Smith (clippers color analyst) says, "If coach Corbin was smart he would call a timeout right now"...subsequently no timeout was called. CLASSIC.

There were some serious issues to deal with as far as substitution goes.

Millsap was not very effective, Favors/Burks were in foul trouble in the first half, and Kanter guarding Griffin is probably a disaster.

For the people pissed that Ty waited probably 2-3 minutes in the middle-late 3rd while the starters began to foul constantly and stopped moving, what would you have done?

When Favors came back he committed 2 stupid fouls. Fouled Crawford way late and then drove right into Odom. Burks has been way, way better than he looked early on but he fouls too. Hayward played a ton. I hope you guys don't really believe Kanter/Millsap would have saved the day.

Now, the last play isolating Foye was not a great move. IMO Ty could have done the same thing with Burks and let the kid fly. We didn't need a 3 and Burks had been pretty good. But besides that, we were beating the opponent, it was the referees that removed the 5 point lead late.

The sad part is, this team has enough talent to be a strong 5th seed, but Corbin doesn't know how to use them. Trade Millsap for a good point guard and the team might be good enough for a solid 3rd seed.

But talent doesn't matter as long as Corbin is the coach.

Our offense was ****ing pathetic in that quarter and Watson was getting abused, again, by Chrissy. Absolutely zero on-the-fly adjustments from Ty.

Yer right, but if Corbin made adjustments, Del Negro would just make adjustments and the Jazz would be right back where they started.

Maybe Ty is just playing the percentages--if Chris Paul makes his first 5 shots against a specific defense set, he should miss his next 4 or 5, shouldn't he?

The sad part is, this team has enough talent to be a strong 5th seed, but Corbin doesn't know how to use them. Trade Millsap for a good point guard and the team might be good enough for a solid 3rd seed.

But talent doesn't matter as long as Corbin is the coach.

Cobin is the coach, not the GM sir.

There were some serious issues to deal with as far as substitution goes.

Millsap was not very effective, Favors/Burks were in foul trouble in the first half, and Kanter guarding Griffin is probably a disaster.

For the people pissed that Ty waited probably 2-3 minutes in the middle-late 3rd while the starters began to foul constantly and stopped moving, what would you have done?

When Favors came back he committed 2 stupid fouls. Fouled Crawford way late and then drove right into Odom. Burks has been way, way better than he looked early on but he fouls too. Hayward played a ton. I hope you guys don't really believe Kanter/Millsap would have saved the day.

Now, the last play isolating Foye was not a great move. IMO Ty could have done the same thing with Burks and let the kid fly. We didn't need a 3 and Burks had been pretty good. But besides that, we were beating the opponent, it was the referees that removed the 5 point lead late.

Apologist keeps working. Damn, bro. Get your prescription updated.

Ty's stubbornness can't even be broken by Mo's absence. The big prob in the third was defending Paul... for which he did nothing but EXACTLY what didn't work in the 2nd. And, you go with effective bench players with slight foul trouble before you hemorrhage your **** all over the floor... especially when you're just gonna auto-sub them in the fourth.

Yer right, but if Corbin made adjustments, Del Negro would just make adjustments and the Jazz would be right back where they started.

Maybe Ty is just playing the percentages--if Chris Paul makes his first 5 shots against a specific defense set, he should miss his next 4 or 5, shouldn't he?

lulz

If I were Kanter or Favor I would get out of here ASAP. There is nothing for them to learn from Corbin. The league is in dire need to talented big men. The management is starting play with Fire. Other scouts are starting to see the talented defense of our bench. If owners arent careful, we will lose it all and be left with the black hole and finish 9th seed every year for the next 5 years.