What's new

Utah Jazz VS LA Clippers Friday 12/28/12 @ 7:00 ROOT Sports 1280 AM/ 97.5 FM

Yer right, but if Corbin made adjustments, Del Negro would just make adjustments and the Jazz would be right back where they started.

Maybe Ty is just playing the percentages--if Chris Paul makes his first 5 shots against a specific defense set, he should miss his next 4 or 5, shouldn't he?

Ahhhh! I begin to understand Corbin's coaching ... why waste brain power making adjustments when you know the other coach will just counter with his own adjustments? It's a null game, so just keep feeding Jefferson or jacking up threes.

What did you think about all the calls? Seems like we got hosed overall. Refs were calling it different on their end.

The Jazz lost this game when they blew their 19 point lead but yes the refs did start calling the game for the clips at the end.

Apologist keeps working. Damn, bro. Get your prescription updated.

Ty's stubbornness can't even be broken by Mo's absence. The big prob in the third was defending Paul... for which he did nothing but EXACTLY what didn't work in the 2nd. And, you go with effective bench players with slight foul trouble before you hemorrhage your **** all over the floor... especially when you're just gonna auto-sub them in the fourth.

Not really an answer. When you know your best defensive player already has 3 fouls and is prone to them, don't you want to save him a little? It's not an easy answer. Favors easily could have helped us coming in 2 minutes earlier, but even with Ty saving him he played himself off the court. Now I completely agree with everyone that wanted more squeezed out of him having 1 more to give, but where was that? Do you put him in for some clutch D with the refs calling touch fouls and the opponent in the penalty? Would you have put him in earlier in the 3rd to stop the bleeding and maybe have no Favs in the 4th? What would you have done?

Perhaps it would behoove you to respond to my earlier post then.

Why? I said that it doesn't matter how much talent the Jazz have, because Corbin doesn't know how to use them, and you responded Corbin isn't the GM. What does that have to do with any other post you may have made?

I thought Corbin did a pretty good job til the last defensive possession. Isn't the point of taking Favors out with 5 fouls is to save him for that exact moment?

Not really an answer. When you know your best defensive player already has 3 fouls and is prone to them, don't you want to save him a little? It's not an easy answer. Favors easily could have helped us coming in 2 minutes earlier, but even with Ty saving him he played himself off the court. Now I completely agree with everyone that wanted more squeezed out of him having 1 more to give, but where was that? Do you put him in for some clutch D with the refs calling touch fouls and the opponent in the penalty? Would you have put him in earlier in the 3rd to stop the bleeding and maybe have no Favs in the 4th? What would you have done?

You just skimmed past my comment on Chrissy, and then couldn't take a heavy hint?

Carroll has been effective against Paul. That was the crux of the problem.

And, yeah, I put in Favors. Early, in fact.

So the PG play had nothing to do with the Jazz losing then? All on Ty and Al like always? Sure Ty could've done things better but a lot of the same complaints when Sloan was the coach and people were begging for a change saying he was to old and behind the times so either the fans are sooo smart and both coaches suck or the grass isn't always greener and maybe people just like to bitch and complain. Similarly like I like to complain about the refs but once I calm down I know that usually a good team could overcome or balance out the calls, however these players and yes even the coaching is not good enough to overcome them.

People complaining they want to see more Burks (I wanted to see him as well) and he comes in finally and plays well in stretches and some young mistakes (expected) but Jazz still lose and so Ty is some slobbering brain dead idiot who somehow manages to tie his tie and shoes all in the same day.

My point is no I'm not entirely happy with the coaching or the players but the bitching on this board and the grass is greener is mind numbing. People here say Del Negro is a horrible coach which I agreed but he's got his team on a 16 game winning streak, Avery Johnson some people thought was a good coach with Dallas gets fired 2x now, JVG people love him here (as do I) but he has been fired from NYC and HOU (getting beat by the Jazz). Doc Rivers was a young and up coming coach in Orlando won coach of the year people loved him, 2yrs later he is an idiot and gets fired, he was almost fired from Boston before the KG trade and now he is back to being a genius, I could keep going but I think I've made my point.

I personally didn't want an old retreaded multi time fired HC and did want a new young up and comer coach to grow and build this team. People now are complaining the Jazz just do the status quo and do just enough winning and that's what a retread coach would've been (since no top higher will come to Utah). Ty may not be what I was hoping for but I still like the idea of hiring a young coach especially here in Utah so they can hope to keep him for many many years, similar idea to players no big name will ever come here so have to hope to get them young and hope to be able to keep them.

So the PG play had nothing to do with the Jazz losing then?

I didn't read the rest of your post, but we understand that our PGs basically suck and we're kind of up a creek. I'm not going to hold it against a cripple for using a wheelchair.

All 5 starters were negative in the +/- stat for a combined -65.

All 5 subs were positive in the +/- stat for a combined +60.

So tell me again why the starters (with exception of Marvin) were on the floor for the final 8 minutes?

Last minute of the game was meaningless. I knew we'd lose when we were up a dozen after the 1st half. It was the same problem we've had all season: No half court offense. We masked it by being good on the break and making a few outside shots. We masked it when Al carried us late in the third. We masked it with some of the best defense we've played all year.

But if you can't run a half court set in a crunch game, you will lose 80% of the time.

You just skimmed past my comment on Chrissy, and then couldn't take a heavy hint?

Carroll has been effective against Paul. That was the crux of the problem.

And, yeah, I put in Favors. Early, in fact.

I dunno, might have. Do you really think Carrol is better vs CP than Hayward?

I would have too, in fact. Still the dude committed 2 dumb fouls while he was in.

IMO the honeymoon is coming to an end and clearly there were a couple things that are reasonable to criticize but pushing a top team to the very end isn't an awful result. This game was far better coached than the last one.

All 5 starters were negative in the +/- stat for a combined -65.

All 5 subs were positive in the +/- stat for a combined +60.

So tell me again why the starters (with exception of Marvin) were on the floor for the final 8 minutes?
Well for two players, the answer is that they had 5 fouls. But then again, why pull players in they're in foul trouble if they have no chance to get back on the floor (as evidenced by the final defensive lineup)?

Forget about the rotations for a minute and try to justify the utter lack of direction on offense this team has displayed ever since teams took away our transition game. It's unbelievably bad. I don't know what the hell Corbin is doing, and apparently he doesn't either.