What's new

Utah Jazz VS LA Clippers Friday 12/28/12 @ 7:00 ROOT Sports 1280 AM/ 97.5 FM

Just watched Locke's post game cartoon with the same propaganda: "these" guys played well; "those" guys didn't. Not one mention of the fact that we watched the Clips go on a huge run in the 3rd without a TO (shades of Jerry). Not one mention of the fact that the TO's were again over 15 (as an aside, Locke can't quite seem to grasp that our TO's have gone up an enormous amount this month which is a direct reflection of the offensive ineptitude.) If shots go in, or the break contributes to easy shots, then it must mean we ran the offense OK.

We weren't a play short of winning that game. We were a coach short. Like most of the year.

I dunno, might have. Do you really think Carrol is better vs CP than Hayward?

I would have too, in fact. Still the dude committed 2 dumb fouls while he was in.

IMO the honeymoon is coming to an end and clearly there were a couple things that are reasonable to criticize but pushing a top team to the very end isn't an awful result. This game was far better coached than the last one.

Will you just please address the fact that Watson was ineffective against Chrissy during the second and then asked to defend him for most of the clipp's run in the third? Jesus, man.

ANYBODY would have been better on Chrissy. He didn't use Hay either. He let the best pg in the league get into a rhythm against a non-NBA player. No excuses. Not even from you.

Well for two players, the answer is that they had 5 fouls. But then again, why pull players in they're in foul trouble if they have no chance to get back on the floor (as evidenced by the final defensive lineup)?

That didn't make sense to me. Why not have at least Favors on the defensive end, even with 5 fouls? If he fouls out, he fouls out. Does it at least impact the game while he's in there? Of course. Would it have changed the outcome? I think so. Al missed crucial shots down the stretch and they kept going to him. It's insanity that TyCo/the Organization seems to think or expect different results, but they don't actually change anything.

Where is JGolds when we need him ? Im sure he would have a very good explanation about this lose.

Hey Brown Notes and all the other Corbin-lovers, why the hell our 2 most talented players (Kanter, Favors) are getting not enough PT even when they are on fire and blowing up there opponents ? I can understand that Corbin will gave it more to the starters, if the young guns are not earning it. The problem here is, even when they´re earning more playing time, they actually didn´t get them. Corbin is just coaching like a Cyborg.

Just watched Locke's post game cartoon with the same propaganda: "these" guys played well; "those" guys didn't. Not one mention of the fact that we watched the Clips go on a huge run in the 3rd without a TO (shades of Jerry). Not one mention of the fact that the TO's were again over 15 (as an aside, Locke can't quite seem to grasp that our TO's have gone up an enormous amount this month which is a direct reflection of the offensive ineptitude.) If shots go in, or the break contributes to easy shots, then it must mean we ran the offense OK.

We weren't a play short of winning that game. We were a coach short. Like most of the year.

le sigh. so true.

That didn't make sense to me. Why not have at least Favors on the defensive end, even with 5 fouls? If he fouls out, he fouls out. Does it at least impact the game while he's in there? Of course. Would it have changed the outcome? I think so. Al missed crucial shots down the stretch and they kept going to him. It's insanity that TyCo/the Organization seems to think or expect different results, but they don't actually change anything.

But that's just the thing, if the Jazz get a stop with Favors, they then can call a timeout then have the last possession of the game (if I remember the score right) and bring Jefferson back in (or whatever). I can't think of a single reason Al was on and Favors was off on that play.

But that's just the thing, if the Jazz get a stop with Favors, they then can call a timeout then have the last possession of the game (if I remember the score right) and bring Jefferson back in (or whatever). I can't think of a single reason Al was on and Favors was off on that play.

I can think of one.

There isn't one.

Only once has Corbin used Favs in that way... and it was because Al told him to. Anybody else remember that?

Forget about the rotations for a minute and try to justify the utter lack of direction on offense this team has displayed ever since teams took away our transition game. It's unbelievably bad. I don't know what the hell Corbin is doing, and apparently he doesn't either.
It's also on the PG or the lack of one currently.

My bad Numb you do have a point there, just trying to break up the bitching there was a rut growing on the internet and didn't want innocent users falling in and getting hurt.

Saying that let me add to the rut but on a slightly different line, I wish Corbin would've tried Foye at PG with Burks and Hayward, especially now with Mo out and Watson and Tinsley playing like they should've retired 2yrs ago and double especially with how well Foye was playing, this was one of the few games he did deserve extended minutes. If they keep Barnes on Foye then that opens up Burks and Hayward with the PG guarding them.

I know I go crazy when I see Watson or Tinsley in the game and they don't use them to setup the offense because then they are utterly useless off the ball because the D doesn't have to worry about them AT ALL and not often but I've seen Foye bring the ball up with Mo in the game so Mo can be the SG, even when DWill was here that was done so he could free himself for some shots.

On the micro-level, did we really run an inbounds play to give it to Foye from 29 feet and tell him to win it?

You could make the argument that Corbin was paying attention to SOMETHING going on in the game. You could also make the argument that he doesn't know how it is that Foye best scores his points.

I have no idea what was more depressing about this game.

Watching the starters suck it up so the bench could give the Jazz the lead, then watching the starters give up a 12-0 run while Ty does nothing, then watching the starters wet the bed to give up the lead for good.

Or the god awful horrid officiating in this game. This is one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen in my life. They were calling ticky tack foul after ticky tack foul, and that foul that gave the Clippers the last shot was such a garbage call in the last seconds of a game it was stunning to see it made.

It's also on the PG or the lack of one currently.

My bad Numb you do have a point there, just trying to break up the bitching there was a rut growing on the internet and didn't want innocent users falling in and getting hurt.

Saying that let me add to the rut but on a slightly different line, I wish Corbin would've tried Foye at PG with Burks and Hayward, especially now with Mo out and Watson and Tinsley playing like they should've retired 2yrs ago and double especially with how well Foye was playing, this was one of the few games he did deserve extended minutes. If they keep Barnes on Foye then that opens up Burks and Hayward with the PG guarding them.

I know I go crazy when I see Watson or Tinsley in the game and they don't use them to setup the offense because then they are utterly useless off the ball because the D doesn't have to worry about them AT ALL and not often but I've seen Foye bring the ball up with Mo in the game so Mo can be the SG, even when DWill was here that was done so he could free himself for some shots.

Trust me, you do NOT want Foye at PG. Absolutely not. Regardless of how bad you think Watson and Tinsley are playing, Foye at PG would be worse. The guy is a TERRIBLE ball-handler. In fact, he's terrible at virtually everything except for shooting 3s.

It boogles the mind ...

Game tied, Clippers have the ball with 17 seconds left -- the most important defensive stand of the game for the Jazz -- and Corbin leaves Jefferson, Millsap and Foye on the floor.