What's new

Utah vs. Boise in Las Vegas Bowl

I find it funny how you can speculate on Utah's mindset considering how much time you spend around the team. While I'll admit, I don't really like hearing players run their mouths before a game, it doesn't automatically mean Utah is afraid. I could just as easily proclaim that maybe it shows confidence and it would be no closer to the truth than what you're spewing.

Hence, that's why I wrote "perhaps." The last thing I was expressing was a certainty of Utah's mindset. I was only merely taking a stab as to why they're running their mouths.

Utah (or even BYU for that matter) should not aspire to have what Boise has. Utah is in a bigger market, has a deeper recruiting pool, better facilities, and much more upward mobility than Boise.

In my opinion, Boise and TCU are the most dominant mid-major programs out there. Utah could be considered 3rd. While BYU probably 4th (or lower). The dominance that Boise's Football program has shown over the past decade is something that all Football programs should aspire to have. I just find it hilarious that Utah is acting as if Boise is their little brother. You'll find out once you're seeing a replay of TCU tonight. Boise is going to run your asses off the field.

Even though you claim to know that Boise is going to roll Utah, you're already laying out some backdoor excuses in advance just incase Utah wins or has a good showing. That's really pathetic man.

You really need to read posts more thoroughly. I never said that Boise wouldn't kick Utah's ***. I only made out a gameplan for how Utah is going to win. This is far from a prediction:
If Utah has any shot, they'll need several once in a lifetime performances. While also needing Boise to either play uninspired or have a half of falling asleep (like they did against Nevada).

I loved this:

You won't see any excuses coming from me.

We'll soon see. You're usually one of the less biased homers. The game is in less than 12 hours now... I can't wait to hear from Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk. I wonder how he'll spin this blowout...

Maybe that will be the case, or maybe you're wrong. However, if you're wrong at least do the decent thing and admit it without using any of those ready-made excuses that you've already started throwing around.

I haven't made any excuses. Like I expressed before, I have full confidence that Boise is going to run you guys off the field. But if they don't, rest assured, I won't be making excuses like your buddies.

Slow day at work?

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.

Clearly a great comeback.

lets remember guys:

#1 Salty doesn't care about BYU.
#2 Utah doesn't care about these games since they already lost their shot at the BCS after their embarrassing loss at home against TCU.
#3 Utah doesn't care about this season since they're going to the PAC-10.
#4 Utah is going to compete with Oregon next year for the PAC-10 championship.
#5 BYU sucks.
#6 Clearly

Boise only beat 1 actual BCS team in a BCS Bowl

Oh please!

Seriously?

Boise has beaten TCU and OU in BCS games. So if you want to make the argument that TCU isn't a BCS team then I'll make the argument that Pitt shouldn't be one. Jeez man!

If you're going who beat who in the BCS games, Boise "clearly" has the edge. OU and TCU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pittcrap and Bama.

This is where you and I will have to agree to disagree- in a big way:

In my opinion, Boise and TCU are the most dominant mid-major programs out there. Utah could be considered 3rd. While BYU probably 4th (or lower). The dominance that Boise's Football program has shown over the past decade is something that all Football programs should aspire to have. I just find it hilarious that Utah is acting as if Boise is their little brother. You'll find out once you're seeing a replay of TCU tonight. Boise is going to run your asses off the field.

You're way off on Boise, and while I can at least see the merits of TCU, you have to realize that Utah has 2 BCS bowl victories compared to TCU's ZERO. Hard to make the claim that they're more dominant.

I wonder how dominant Utah or TCU would have really looked if they spent the last 7 years in the WAC. It's not that I think of Boise as "little brother", I think you just have to be honest about the playing field for both teams. It's much, much harder to beat Air Force every single year than it is New Mexico State. When I said the WAC is borderline D-II football I wasn't saying that to be extreme. Utah State, San Jose State, and New Mexico State would have a hard time winning a D-II championship. I think most years teams like Montana field better squads than 25% of the WAC.

Plus, I'm going to stop short of calling Boise "fantastic". While I think they're very good, I think they've gotten a pass in 2010 for playing an extremely weak schedule. They squeaked by a Va Tech team that ended up losing to a D-II school the next week. VaTech is playing great now, but obviously is much different team from earlier in the season. Then Boise played an Oregon State team that couldn't even hit 6 wins and become bowl eligible. For all the flac Utah gets for playing Pitt, Oregon State was no better. I think the best win Boise had all season was against Hawaii and that's about it. Not to mention the fact that the first time they played a half decent team on the road (Nevada), they got beat.

Boise is good- even great, but they are not the most dominant mid-major.

Oh please!

Seriously?

Boise has beaten TCU and OU in BCS games. So if you want to make the argument that TCU isn't a BCS team then I'll make the argument that Pitt shouldn't be one. Jeez man!
That's your biased opinion. The FACT is Utah has more wins against BCS teams in BCS bowls than any other non BCS team. Period. And none of the games were even close.

I'll be watching this game from Boise tonight, with my in-laws.

My "expert analysis": I don't think there's any way BYU could beat Boise State. On the other hand, BYU very nearly beat Utah. Therefore, I don't think Utah has much of a chance against Boise State.

That's your biased opinion. The FACT is Utah has more wins against BCS teams in BCS bowls than any other non BCS team. Period. And none of the games were even close.

Instead of coming up with a serious argument you sound like jokes like Craig James whom you have bashed all year long.

Beating OU and TCU is far better than your victory against Pitt. I could care less WHO is a BCS school or not. Using your logic, Alabama easily could have been discouraged from going from NC contenders to playing a Non-BCS school.

See, you cannot have it both ways. You can't fit and refit the argument to meet your points.

Lets go by which teams were better. OU and TCU were far better than Pitt. End of discussion. No need to bring up, "well, Utah has beaten 2 BCS teams in BCS bowls." Don't penalize Boise St. for the BCS not matching them up against a BCS team. Perhaps, just perhaps, TCU and Boise were some of the top teams in Div I Football last year! *gasp*

I could care less whether they played in the WAC/Mtn West or SEC.

So take your biased elitist and pathetic argument elsewhere. It's amazing how you'll fight for one point (like non BCS teams like Utah can beat anyone) and then in an effort to doubt Boise St, you take the exact opposite argument.

Clearly pathetic.

Plus, I'm going to stop short of calling Boise "fantastic". While I think they're very good, I think they've gotten a pass in 2010 for playing an extremely weak schedule. They squeaked by a Va Tech team that ended up losing to a D-II school the next week. VaTech is playing great now, but obviously is much different team from earlier in the season.

Craig James? Is that you?

The Utes beat a pathetic Michigan team. Barely squeaked by Oregon St at home. And should have lost against TCU at home.

Utes have never broken the BCS without taking advantage of a weak schedule either.

It's amazing how you people flip flop depending on who your team is.

Instead of coming up with a serious argument you sound like jokes like Craig James whom you have bashed all year long.

Beating OU and TCU is far better than your victory against Pitt. I could care less WHO is a BCS school or not. Using your logic, Alabama easily could have been discouraged from going from NC contenders to playing a Non-BCS school.

See, you cannot have it both ways. You can't fit and refit the argument to meet your points.

Lets go by which teams were better. OU and TCU were far better than Pitt. End of discussion. No need to bring up, "well, Utah has beaten 2 BCS teams in BCS bowls." Don't penalize Boise St. for the BCS not matching them up against a BCS team. Perhaps, just perhaps, TCU and Boise were some of the top teams in Div I Football last year! *gasp*

I could care less whether they played in the WAC/Mtn West or SEC.

So take your biased elitist and pathetic argument elsewhere. It's amazing how you'll fight for one point (like non BCS teams like Utah can beat anyone) and then in an effort to doubt Boise St, you take the exact opposite argument.

Clearly pathetic.

And you can't have it both ways either. Utah plays (played) TCU every year. If Boise is so impressive for beating them once, then Utah is more impressive for beating them several times (including the year TCU beat an undefeated Boise team in the bowl game).

That Alabama win was bigger and more impressive than all of Boise's bowl games combined, BCS or otherwise.

Craig James? Is that you?

The Utes beat a pathetic Michigan team. Barely squeaked by Oregon St at home. And should have lost against TCU at home.

Utes have never broken the BCS without taking advantage of a weak schedule either.

It's amazing how you people flip flop depending on who your team is.
Utah beat several teams that finished ranked in 2008.

The FACT is Utah has more wins against BCS teams in BCS bowls than any other non BCS team. Period.

That's only true until TCU officially joins the Big East. Then they'll be tied.

That's only true until TCU officially joins the Big East. Then they'll be tied.
No, because TCU wasn't a BCS team when they played Boise State.

If we were counting TCU as a BCS team then we'd also have to say Utah was a BCS team when they won 2 BCS games.

No, because TCU wasn't a BCS team when they played Boise State.

If we were counting TCU as a BCS team then we'd also have to say Utah was a BCS team when they won 2 BCS games.

So Boise IS better?

Thriller, I notice that when you respond, you seem to avoid addressing the fact that Boise State has done all of their damage while playing in the WAC. Instead of another "Craig James" zinger, how about you answer this question: Wouldn't Utah or TCU look every bit as dominant (if not more so) had they been playing in the WAC during the same span?

Also, let's not forget that Boise's win agains OU was against a team that wasn't even in the Big 12 title game that year. Thriller keeps propping it up like it was some super accomplishment but it doesn't even compare to going down to the Sugar Bowl and stomping Alabama in what was basically a home game for the Crimson Tide (cue Thriller's "Bama didn't care" argument).

Forget the Pitt win, what Utah did against Bama is more impressive than anything Boise has had to offer in a BCS showing as of yet.

Thriller, I notice that when you respond, you seem to avoid addressing the fact that Boise State has done all of their damage while playing in the WAC. Instead of another "Craig James" zinger, how about you answer this question: Wouldn't Utah or TCU look every bit as dominant (if not more so) had they been playing in the WAC during the same span?

Also, let's not forget that Boise's win agains OU was against a team that wasn't even in the Big 12 title game that year. Thriller keeps propping it up like it was some super accomplishment but it doesn't even compare to going down to the Sugar Bowl and stomping Alabama in what was basically a home game for the Crimson Tide (cue Thriller's "Bama didn't care" argument).

Forget the Pitt win, what Utah did against Bama is more impressive than anything Boise has had to offer in a BCS showing as of yet.

A collection of logical statements has been posted.

This thread will now close.