What's new

Voter Suppression and Why The Republicans Love It So Much?

Sorry you have to keep quoting me just to read the comment. Maybe @Jason could look into this glitch? I post using an iPad, and in mobile mode. I don’t know, obviously, what is causing this glitch….The glitch in question: LogGrad98 cannot read my comments without first hitting the “reply” button.
I've mentioned it a few times and I'm not the only one. It's really weird.

This is always nice to see

Not like a Biden rally would draw any crowds or anything but still nice to see.

I love how trump talks about how the world leaders that he gets along with best are the tyrannical ones:

He also admitted that the world leaders he “got along best with were tyrants. For whatever reason, I got along great with them,” he added.

Uh, the reason is because you have so much in common with them. They are crappy human beings just like you ya dumbass.

This is always nice to see

Not like a Biden rally would draw any crowds or anything but still nice to see.

I love how trump talks about how the world leaders that he gets along with best are the tyrannical ones:

He also admitted that the world leaders he “got along best with were tyrants. For whatever reason, I got along great with them,” he added.

Uh, the reason is because you have so much in common with them. They are crappy human beings just like you ya dumbass.
45 of the 46 presidents of the US so far have had better things to do with their time than to have monster truck show meets the WWE meets the KKK style rallies.

45 of the 46 presidents of the US so far have had better things to do with their time than to have monster truck show meets the WWE meets the KKK style rallies.

Trump holds some pretty prestigious presidential records.
Most rallies held
Most tv watched
Most tweets tweeted
Most rounds of golf played in a term
Most fast food eaten
Most times impeached
Most time spent in court

To name a few.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Trump holds some pretty prestigious presidential records.
Most rallies held
Most tv watched
Most tweets tweeted
Most rounds of golf played in a term
Most fast food eaten
Most times impeached
Most time spent in court

To name a few.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Other than maybe Clinton he probably holds the record for most ***** grabbed.

Is this the voter fraud Trump keeps talking about? If so, then I agree with him. We need to #stopthesteal

I know why they do this, because it works, but how can they possibly explain it?

Is this the voter fraud Trump keeps talking about? If so, then I agree with him. We need to #stopthesteal

Telling only part of, or one side of, any issue, with a distnctly undeniable line of propaganda to push, is probably worse than outright lying.

Mhis is essentiqally Bill Ayers on the job.

so I went to see what people are saying on the ground in Lincoln County.

So it's a small county geographically, and rural. Meaning farmers mostly who do their business in Lincolnton. I should look up stats on racial proprotions and such to do justice to this kind of analysis. Not likely, at my first impression, that this is a "black" area, though it may be some issue with what blacks are there. The county is small enough that people 20 miles out of town showed up at the elections bgoard meeting to complain about the gas and distance. The Board cited a notion that there were no other places large enough to safely do voting because of "social distancing" regulations. Meaning other voting places were in homes. They also responded that voting still will involve 17 days of in-person voting.

So, folks, a few neighbors can car pool easily the 20 miles or less, or likely just go vote on their weekly or biweekly trip to pick up groceries.

I suspect that some consideration will be resorted to by the board, maybe set up two more voting places. But the cost for the county 2will be pretty much a limiting principle of diminishing returns on the taxpayers.

Still the Bill Ayers folks will make the most of this. Nationally.

I think there needs to be partisan monitors on any voting place while any voting is going on. And that will be pretty expensive. It might even stop the county from county more ballots than there are people in the county. We'll see

Encouraging hatred. Way to go, Marjorie! We need more hatred in America.
Psst, Marjorie: it’s not a religion…

"Stop. It is a fake religion created by a psychopath."
-Maulana Karenga (creator of Kwanzaa)

Kwanzaa.jpg

The real question is: Did MTG repeat back Karenga's sentiment on purpose or on accident?

Encouraging hatred. Way to go, Marjorie! We need more hatred in America.
Psst, Marjorie: it’s not a religion…

The stupidity of our elected officials never fails to astonish me.

Last edited:
The real question is: Did MTG repeat back Karenga's sentiment on purpose or on accident?
I don't think that question is particularly real, seeing as you are basing it on a mischaracterization of Karenga.

Then again, maybe you believe in non-psychotic people who say that everyone who disagrees with them will burn for eternity. You say a lot of weird stuff.

Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Funny how she really calls out the whole Marxist league of personal attackers. But this time she's just solid on the facts, while she is informing some stupid Republicans.

Hey guys. Can't you find something she's said that is actually stupid, or even hateful, instead of spinning nonsense as you naturally do?

non- or anti-Christians just hate Christmas because it is such a huge cultural success. Jews like Mark Levin are even out there wishing Christian believers a "Merry Christmas". It's been what,about 1000 years since the Christians cjulturally appropriated the pagan celebration of the winter solstice?

If you hate it, don't make up a new word for it and try to make it your own. Just hate it better.

I believe the fact is, Jesus was born in early April, and was also Crucified near the same time of year. But really, if there is any time of year we need a really big holiday it is the dead cold of winter. Aussies don't get the kind of snow most of the Northern Hemisphere gets, so they don't need it the way we do.

I don't think that question is particularly real, seeing as you are basing it on a mischaracterization of Karenga.

Then again, maybe you believe in non-psychotic people who say that everyone who disagrees with them will burn for eternity. You say a lot of weird stuff.
I read everything in the Bible, and somehow missed that. Who ever said that?

There was the parable about the beggar and the rich man, who each died. The beggar rested in Abraham's bosom and the rich man, being in torment, wished to come back to warn his people, to which Jesus said if they would not believe Moses and the Prophets, neither would they believe though one returned from the dead.. Most accounts of Jesus's teachings seem a bit off to me, reflecting popular assumptions of the day.

The charge that Jesus was evil, or insane, is also pretty popular and goes back to the life of Jesus.

But on balance, Jesus spoke of thieves and criminals as he died being "on his list" for people to teach in the next world. And he dispersed the evil spirits afflicting persons "in torment" in this life and gave them peace of mind. All of the teachings of Jesus add up to somethinvg that is hopeful that bad people can change and that evil will fail eventually.

Mormon belief in Hell makes it out that the torment is stuff like regret, anguish........ no hell fires, just intense grief. Which can be fixed, even then.

That's Karenga's understanding of Jesus, and it's not uncommon among evangelicals I talked to or read.
I mean, all holidays were created by someone, and could be considered "fake".

Dude was also a psychopath that beat women with cords.

Does not mean Kwanzaa is not a good and meaningful holiday.

That's Karenga's understanding of Jesus, and it's not uncommon among evangelicals I talked to or read.
I don't know if I'm adding anything here, but whatever.

I've been an Atheist my entire life. Second generation I'd say, but I think at the time my parents identified more as agnostics until my older sister got old enough to become a bit of a militant atheist and I followed her in that a bit in my teen years. Anyway, I was fairly outspoken about it and twice there were girls who took on the challenge to "save" me. I also went to church with a few of my guy friends, but I think that was more their parents who were worried about my soul.

Anyway, both the times I went to church with these girls the surmon, at evangelical churches, was about the only way to avoid everlasting hellfire was to accept Jesus into your heart. Both times I walked away more convinced than ever that I was not interested in religion.