What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Voter Suppression and Why The Republicans Love It So Much?

One Brow

At this point there have been thousands of tests of Einstein's theory of relativity, and scientists continue to think up new ones.
IIRC, the General Theory of Relativity still has point singularities. It's going to fall at some point. @colton might tell me I'm wrong here.

One Brow

I suppose it is as stupid and wrong as the US Constitution, Article 4, Section 4, Clause 1 which says in no uncertain terms what kind of government we have.
The Constitution has been amended since then. Perhaps you didn't hear about that? Changes include the direct election of Senators and increased voting eligibility for non-property owners, non-whites, women, that those aged 18-20. We started out as a republic where one legislative branch was unelected and white property-owning men decided things for the country, and have since moved on to being a democracy.

TheGoldStandard

You're fooling yourself! We're living in a dictatorship! A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--

Sent from my Pixel 5a using JazzFanz mobile app
There you go bringing class into it again...Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

In other news, I once dated this witch. Outside of turning me into a newt (I got better) it was nice. I could easily carry her around as she only weighed roughly the amount of a duck. Don't know what happened to her, that bridge was burned a while ago.

gandalfe

There you go bringing class into it again...Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!
Oh! Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!
In other news, I once dated this witch. Outside of turning me into a newt (I got better) it was nice. I could easily carry her around as she only weighed roughly the amount of a duck. Don't know what happened to her, that bridge was burned a while ago.
You Americans, all you do is talk, and talk, and say 'let me tell you something' and 'I just wanna say.' Well, you're dead now, so shut up!

TheGoldStandard

Oh! Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!

You Americans, all you do is talk, and talk, and say 'let me tell you something' and 'I just wanna say.' Well, you're dead now, so shut up!
I'm not Exum. Plus I don't want to go on the cart. I feel happy! I feel happy!

Al-O-Meter

Of course

What is most amazing to be about this is that people used to do this by hand. Now you can just have a computer model and optimize the districts, but once upon a time you needed an actual person who could do this in their heads. If going by how hard it is for me to now remember anyone's phone number because my phone just does it for me, I'm thinking those people are long gone.