What's new

Voter Suppression and Why The Republicans Love It So Much?

“A few months ago, Leonard Leo laid out his next audacious project.

Ever since the longtime Federalist Society leader helped create a conservative supermajority on the Supreme Court, and then received more than a billion dollars from a wealthy Chicago business owner to disburse to conservative causes, Leo’s next moves had been the subject of speculation.

Now, Leo declared in a slick but private video to potential donors, he planned to “crush liberal dominance” across American life. The country was plagued by “woke-ism” in corporations and education, “one-sided journalism” and “entertainment that’s really corrupting our youth,” said Leo amid snippets of cheery music and shots of sunsets and American flags.

Sitting tucked into a couch, with wire-rimmed glasses and hair gone to gray, Leo conveyed his inspiration and intentions: “I just said to myself, ‘Well, if this can work for law, why can’t it work for lots of other areas of American culture and American life where things are really messed up right now?’”

Teneo is building what Leo called in the video “networks of conservatives that can roll back” liberal influence in Wall Street and Silicon Valley, among authors and academics, with pro athletes and Hollywood producers. A Federalist Society for everything.

“A few months ago, Leonard Leo laid out his next audacious project.

Ever since the longtime Federalist Society leader helped create a conservative supermajority on the Supreme Court, and then received more than a billion dollars from a wealthy Chicago business owner to disburse to conservative causes, Leo’s next moves had been the subject of speculation.

Now, Leo declared in a slick but private video to potential donors, he planned to “crush liberal dominance” across American life. The country was plagued by “woke-ism” in corporations and education, “one-sided journalism” and “entertainment that’s really corrupting our youth,” said Leo amid snippets of cheery music and shots of sunsets and American flags.

Sitting tucked into a couch, with wire-rimmed glasses and hair gone to gray, Leo conveyed his inspiration and intentions: “I just said to myself, ‘Well, if this can work for law, why can’t it work for lots of other areas of American culture and American life where things are really messed up right now?’”

Teneo is building what Leo called in the video “networks of conservatives that can roll back” liberal influence in Wall Street and Silicon Valley, among authors and academics, with pro athletes and Hollywood producers. A Federalist Society for everything.
I’ve read a lot about Leo lately. You know a guy is a bad guy when he has two first names and they’re basically the same. He’s making a lot of money building institutions that roll back societal advancements. What scares me is how much money is behind this movement. We’re seeing books banned, women’s rights being rolled up, and calls for “eradicating transgender” people daily. And it’s getting worse.

Last edited:
“This is real, this is serious and it’s frightening,” said Brian Clardy, a Murray State University history professor. “We must build a democratic resistance that amounts to a counter-fascist coup — In short, we must all become ‘antifa,’ or antifascists,” said John Hennen, a Morehead State University history professor emeritus”.

#pathological liar

Also Stormy "horse face" Daniels has a little nickname for you too Trumpy

paddestoel2_medium2.JPG

How does this improve our democracy?

Why would you want to do this unless your goal is to maintain power through undemocratic means? Voting shouldn’t be a partisan issue! Why shouldn’t voting be as easy and convenient as possible???

What happened to winning in the market place of ideas?

Is there another democracy out there that has a major political party trying to make just ****ing VOTING harder?

View: https://twitter.com/lawindsor/status/1649075730687352833?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

IMG_7651.png
IMG_7652.png
IMG_7653.png

How does this improve our democracy?

Why would you want to do this unless your goal is to maintain power through undemocratic means? Voting shouldn’t be a partisan issue! Why shouldn’t voting be as easy and convenient as possible???

What happened to winning in the market place of ideas?

Is there another democracy out there that has a major political party trying to make just ****ing VOTING harder?

View: https://twitter.com/lawindsor/status/1649075730687352833?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

View attachment 14313
View attachment 14314
View attachment 14315

My ballot gets automatically mailed to me. I also vote early. Republicans want to eliminate those things? Well thats lame.

My ballot gets automatically mailed to me. I also vote early. Republicans want to eliminate those things? Well thats lame.
Mine too and it’s awesome. Why make voting hard? Shouldn’t it be easy? Why make voting as hard as getting Comcast to fix the cable?

Let’s let the best candidates and ideas win. If your side can’t win, then it’s time to re-adjust the ideas and candidates. Instead, one party wants to throw out election results that don’t go their way and then prevent voters from voting.

Participating in democracy is “too woke” now.

Texas is the only one nationwide to suppress students’ interactions with elected officials in class projects, according to researchers at the free expression advocacy group Pen America.

Practically overnight, a growing movement to engage Texas students in real-world civics lessons evaporated. Teachers canceled time-honored assignments, districts reversed expansion plans with a celebrated civics education provider and a bill promoting student civics projects that received bipartisan support in 2019 was suddenly dead in the water.
Texas does require high schoolers to take a semester of government and a semester of economics, and is one of 38 statesnationwide that mandates at least a semester of civics. But students told the 74 the courses typically rely on book learning and memorization, without hands-on lessons in civic participation.

“Students are now banned from advocating for something like a stop sign in front of their school,” Talarico said.
The central philosophy is that “students learn civics best by doing civics”, Generation Citizen policy director Andrew Wilkes said.

Generation Citizen’s method has been studied by several academic researchers who found participants experienced boosted civic knowledge and improvements in related academic areas like history and English.

Kurtz, however, contends the projects “tilt overwhelmingly to the left”.