What's new

Warriors and Jazz Mega Trade

What the hell did you guys want us to do with the cap space anyways? I'm thrilled - we didn't get a veteran point guard back, we've got a temporary 3rd big while Gobert develops, and we're getting multiple picks. Kanter and Favors are clearly our starters now, isn't that what you all wanted anyways?

We got ****ty picks. If they play even close to what they should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cap space is worth picks, basically. If Rush is serviceable, I'm okay with this now.

I am not. Rush has a drug problem , was suspended, Pacers dumped him to GS in 2010.

I believe organizations win championships, starting with Owner --> GM --> Coach --> Players.

Rush is a locker room problem we do not need.

If I'm Hayward or Favors, I definitely do not sign an extension this summer. Move on.

What the hell did you guys want us to do with the cap space anyways? I'm thrilled - we didn't get a veteran point guard back, we've got a temporary 3rd big while Gobert develops, and we're getting multiple picks. Kanter and Favors are clearly our starters now, isn't that what you all wanted anyways?

With a coach like Corbin, we're all scared ****less Biendrins will be starting over Kanter. Then again, I suppose that helps the tank.

3 expiring deals AND draft picks. Everyone's clamoring for tank lake city. Well then own up and be happy about this trade. and I have a sneaky suspicion that dwight's teams will be henceforth be cursed with mediocrity as karmic backlash for all his stupid antics.

I feel a little better about it with the picks because it means that we have three expiring contracts and Paul won't likely be back. I just hope Corbin doesn't start the Warriors garbage players.

3 expiring deals AND draft picks. Everyone's clamoring for tank lake city. Well then own up and be happy about this trade. and I have a sneaky suspicion that dwight's teams will be henceforth be cursed with mediocrity as karmic backlash for all his stupid antics.

very possible

I gotta agree w/David on this one...

Now Dwight will choose GS, and the Lakers will get Thompson and Barnes in a S&T....

Pick 14 and 21 turned into Trey Burke, someone most Jazz fans thought was unattainable on draft night...who knows what an extra 1st could net next year. Plus, instead of signing FA's to long term contracts, we now have supreme financial flexibility in signing FA's this year and/or extending any of our youngsters.

This is my problem. With Barnes, you at least have a good idea of what you're getting. The draft picks will likely not be worth much. The Warriors got better by adding Iggy, dumping cap space and can now play Barnes off the bench. Unless Curry gets hurt again, they will improve over last year.

what is the value in expiring contracts? am uneducated, plz instruct. how are they a negotiating chip come trade deadline?