What's new

Was Fes' Play Last Night An Aberration?

Heh, the Fess fanboyz go wild. Fess played well tonight, and everyone here has acknowledged that he's much improved. Fess had 5 points, and two boards. Fair enough. He did his job. He played hard, and helped on D. He made a valuable contribution, as did many others. But, if you listen to the fanboyz, you might get the impression that he single-handedly won the game.

With the game on the line, no time left, Elson, all alone, stepped up and won it. But I don't see no Elson threads or posts from these fanboyz. Go figure, eh?

Heh, the Fess fanboyz go wild. Fess played well tonight, and everyone here has acknowledged that he's much improved. Fess had 5 points, and two boards. Fair enough. He did his job. He played hard, and helped on D. He made a valuable contribution, as did many others. But, if you listen to the fanboyz, you might get the impression that he single-handedly won the game.

With the game on the line, no time left, Elson, all alone, stepped up and won it. But I don't see no Elson threads or posts from these fanboyz. Go figure, eh?

Do you really think we would have played as well with Elson in there the whole time in the 4th and OT. Couple of good foul shots either though he was supposed to miss the 2nd, but Fes needs to be in there and not him. Fes is over 10 years younger and still improving. The man needs to play.

Relying on the box score to quantify Fes' impact tonight? Ridiculous. The way he played the PnR against LeBron and Z was other worldly. To win games, it's imperative to have players out there who contribute when the ball isn't in their hands, and Fes gave us a perfect example of that tonight.

Do you really think we would have played as well with Elson in there the whole time in the 4th and OT.

Heh, you obviously have no idea what I'm thinkin or what I'm postin about. If ya wanna know what I think, here ya go:

Fess's performance tonight PROVES, CONCLUSIVELY, that he would have been an all-star in his rookie year if he had only given playin time.

Relying on the box score to quantify Fes' impact tonight?

et tu, eh, Commie? No one like jazzfanz to misread a post.

Lemme try my hand at this, eh? So, you both REALLY think Fess single-handedly won the game!?

Heh, you obviously have no idea what I'm thinkin or what I'm postin about. If ya wanna know what I think, here ya go:

Fess's performance tonight PROVES, CONCLUSIVELY, that he would have been an all-star in his rookie year if he had only given playin time.

Whats with your ridiculous hate for Fes? You anti-Ukrainian or something? Yo!

et tu, eh, Commie? No one like jazzfanz to misread a post.

Lemme try my hand at this, eh? So, you both REALLY think Fess single-handedly won the game!?
It was your comparison with Elson that drew my response.

I'm curious who claims Fes single-handedly won the game?

Posters are just pointing out that Fes was the best 5 BY FAR for the Jazz tonight, and was instrumental in the comeback. I find it hard to believe that anyone who watched the game would disagree (your comparison to Elson certainly seems to be doing just that).

I find it hard to believe that anyone who watched the game would disagree (your comparison to Elson certainly seems to be doing just that).

I have no idea why it "seems" that way to you, eh, Commie?

Nor do I see why any comment I have it this entire thread displays "ridiculous hate," but go right on ahead with your fanboy interpretatons, eh?

I have no idea why you think it "seems" that way to you, eh, Commie?

Nor do I see why any comment I have it this entire thread displays "ridiculous hate," but go right on ahead with your fanboy interpretatons, eh?
I never said anything about "ridiculous hate", and I'm far from a Fes fanboy, but whatever. Your dishonest, disingenuous bull **** is tiresome.

If Elson plays a solid game, he gets rewarded with a dirty word for a "middle name." If Fess plays a solid game, he is all-world, and Jefferson should be benched henceforth. The Fanboy perspective at work.

If Elson plays a solid game, he gets rewarded with a dirty word for a "middle name." If Fess plays a solid game, he is all-world, and Jefferson should be benched henceforth. The Fanboy perspective at work.
When has Elson had as big an impact on a Jazz game as Fes had tonight? Honest question (although I don't expect a straightforward response).

Thanks for proving my point, Commie. You can't, or don't, read.
I can read, but your comparison is meaningless. We have no idea how people will react when Elson performs as well as Fes did tonight. It is entirely possible that someone starts a thread to congratulate/pimp him on his performance.

Elson has been solid. Has done what has been asked of him. He hasn't been as big a difference maker as Fes was tonight.

You call out fanboys, but dismiss entirely your own anti-Fes and anti-AK cheerleading, as if it's any different (it isn't).

You blow small points entirely out of proportion, and then criticize others for doing the same thing. You accuse others of mis-reading/misinterpreting your posts, but you go out of your way to do the same frequently. It's transparent to everyone but you.

Then you play the victim. Poor you. A ****ing pathetic contrarian jerk.

meh.

Thanks for proving my point, Commie. You can't, or don't, read.

No seriously, when did Elson have a significant impact? Brian at Sltrib thought he did last game but he pretty much was the only one who did. Fes had better stats than Elson did that game in half the time and was named sub of the game by outside observers. Yeah, sub of the game with only six minutes of play, not only because of his stats but because of the energy he brought when he came in. JUST LIKE TONIGHT!!! Wooo Hoooo!!! I'm a fanboy and love seeing you try and keep up your negativity in the face of blatant progress. Keep flappin your gums in the wind baby. You're eating just as much crow as the other negative nellies!