What's new

WCSF Game 5: Win one for the Ricker! -- Jazz in Houston 5/8/2018 6:00 pm MST

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Ricky Rubio has been ruled out for tonight, which leaves Ricky's only chance at playing in the second round hinging on a Jazz win tonight. The troops must rally and bring it back home for the Rickster. Even legends are getting involved.

29v6iq.jpg

This thing ain't over until it's over.

Of course, the Jazz are up against a supernatural force: the flop.

Flop Around

29v5ft.jpg

29v5jw.jpg

29v5pg.jpg

29v5up.jpg

29v5yx.jpg

29v627.jpg

29v6ag.jpg

29v6ci.jpg

29v6gj.jpg

JazzFanz challenge: your turn to finish verses 2 and 3.

Tonight we get to see how this team responds when their back is against the wall. Do they show up as a formality, or do they come out guns blazing?

It's time for them to come back and be the Jazz of old. Rudy's feeling it...

Rick Vaughn -- Rudy Gobert
Jack Parkman -- James Harden
Jake Taylor -- Quin Snyder
Pedro Cerrano -- Jae Crowder
Rube Baker -- David Stockton
Randy Quaid -- Sean Reynolds

Game 6, here we come!

Jazz in 7!

Our guys' song:

Wow epic. Best adapted lyrics I have seen on Jazzfanz. Well done!

I’ll cross your *** like Donovan Mitchell
You have to flop to get the refs to blow that whistle
Word to your moms, give him some space and he’ll drop a bomb
Never seen a rookie play so calm
Just like Jesus he will return
Better watch out floppers before you feel the burn
Best rookie since LeBron
For short you can just call him Don
If you come to battle better bring a shotgun
Or else you’ll end up like CPee3 — one and done
Spida got the all of the skills
Gonna make Harden look like Patty Mills
He’s coming to get down
Watch out here they come to flop around
Flop around!
Flop around!
Flop around!
Flop, flop, and get down!

Well done. I was waiting for the meme with the words FLOP! FLOP! FLOP! FLOP! FLOP!...but, great job nonetheless.

ONE INCH...ONE PLAY...ONE GAME AT A TIME, BOYS!!!! Let's go!!!!

I am feeling oddly optimistic about this.

If we can somehow muster a win and bring it back to SLC that would be awesome. Then in SLC we might get Rubio back and a chance to see what our starters can do.

Im doubtful about extending the series but id like to see us:

Go under screens on CP3, taking his midrange away.

****, we might have to go under Harden too to take Capella out and just hope they have an off shooting night.

DM getting hot from 3 would help also.

i thought kobe doing swing move was smart. then harden took it to another ****ing level by flopping every time. just disgusting

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Maybe Jae Crowder will explode again. Maybe Joe Ingles will find the bottom of the net more often than not. Maybe tricky Neto will shock the world. Maybe Mitchell will blow the ceiling off with another incredible dunk. Maybe Favors will play like his life itself depends on it because he wants another home game and wants Ricky back before the series is out. Maybe Rudy figures out Capela and changes the entire makeup of the game. Maybe Burks will come in and show the league that he can contribute someplace. Maybe Harden flops his neck so hard that his beard pokes his eye out and he strains his entire body and has to sit for the rest of the series. Maybe in the process of flopping, Chris Paul falls right off the face of Kyrie's flat earth.

Hey, it could happen! Ride or die tonight, Jazz.

It's nice when it's all gravy.

It's one game, and a win is certainly possible even if I wouldn't bet on it. Would be so fun to come back to Utah for game 6.

Leave it all out there boys.

Our starting lineup should be Neto, Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder, Favors.

But tbh, the moment I learned both Rubio and Exum would not play tonight, I basically lost all hope. It would take an injury to Harden and Snyder playing Favors over Gobert for us to have a chance.

Win or lose, I'm happy with this season.

For this game, I want to see one thing - I want to see somebody quit talking and do something. Options:

- Quin to go ape **** when there is a bogus foul called for Houston. Throw a chair. Get tossed. Something.
- Jae Crowder fully too hand shove the first guy to get into his face (a shove might not get him ejected but oh well if it does).
- Udoh to enter the game with a hidden book and backhand slap Harden across the face with the book the first time he flops. Right after he hits Harden, I want him to yell "welcome to the book club."

And lastly, I want Mitchell to play all 48 minutes and try to score a rookie record for a playoff game (the record is 53 by Wilt in 1960).

I want the MVP (Most Vulnerable Phlopper) to not score 60 on us in retribution of Mitchell's comments.
I want the Jazz to come out healthy.
I want Adam Silver to just admit that Bob Igor and Christine M. McCarthy picked the league's final 4.
I want my childhood innocence returned so I can believe the teachers really care about the students, the politicians are trying to make better communities and the NBA is a competition.

First and foremost I want to thank the Utah Jazz for being good again! Y'alls (Texan thing) team definitely exceeded expectations with Hayward leaving. I have been a diehard Rockets fan for 30+ years and I LOVE to hate your team (sports hate). Regardless of when the season ends for you...I look forward to what the future holds for Rockets vs Jazz.

Other than a few players you have had over the years...Eaton, Stockton, Malone, Hornacek, Williams, Boozer, Ostertag, Mitchell, Ingles, and your States alcohol laws...your cities are pretty amazing.

Looking forward to visiting again in the near future...hopefully this time wearing some new championship swag