What's new

We don't want amnesty!

PearlWatson

Learn your lesson, Republitards!

eric-cantor-stern-face-ap.jpg

The problem still remains, what do you do with these people?

They aren't "self-deporting." And we can't deport then all because they'll be back tomorrow.

Heaven forbid we actually penalize businesses for hiring illegals.

To me, both parties are wrong on this issue. Both ignore real solutions.

Amnesty only hurts the American worker and perpetuates the problem. While the GOP's reform isn't realistic and again, perpetuates the problem.

This problems should have been addressed decades ago. But businesses paid off the law makers and up until 2008, Your avg citizen didn't give a damn because we all had jobs before.

Gallup would argue that the nation disagrees with you. 88% agree with providing a pathway to legalization, and ultimately citizenship, after the border is secure.

For a link try google.

Build a huge wall?

Nah man just a mote filled with piranhas, alligators and sharks with lasers on their fricken heads.
either or works for me

Millsapa, ok, I can concede your point in not wanting illegal immigration. I can see why you would not want amnesty. But then, what do you want? How do you achieve it?

The problem still remains, what do you do with these people?

They aren't "self-deporting." And we can't deport then all because they'll be back tomorrow.

Heaven forbid we actually penalize businesses for hiring illegals.

To me, both parties are wrong on this issue. Both ignore real solutions.

Amnesty only hurts the American worker and perpetuates the problem. While the GOP's reform isn't realistic and again, perpetuates the problem.

This problems should have been addressed decades ago. But businesses paid off the law makers and up until 2008, Your avg citizen didn't give a damn because we all had jobs before.

What you mean these people, they, them, the problem? Why you speak with racial term like there are other sub-human people and not American friend and neighbor?

Why you right wing Americans afraid so much that Mexican culture will change you for worst? You are fighting modern slavery war like south kkk telling us the black guy will ruin white society. Same thing. Racist bigots in America never die.

Eric Cantor learned a fun lesson about what happens when you gerrymander yourself into a district that's too solidly conservative.

The GOP leaders know that fighting amnesty in the long-run is a losing issue, that's why you see them inching towards reform occasionally only to get shouted down by the far right portion of their party. This is part of the continuing process that turns the party into something where the electorate looks continually older and whiter.

Cantor shows that GOP members are really damned if they do, damned if they don't on this issue. If they don't support reform it's going to be harder and harder to get minority votes in later years. If they do support it, they might get ousted in their primaries right now. In politics, short term problems always trump long term problems.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];844877 said:
Why you right wing Americans afraid so much that Mexican culture will change you for worst?

Why is it that when folks see brown folks, they immediately think they're Mexican? I'm sure many of the folks you think are Mexican are actually Central American.

Why is it that when folks see brown folks, they immediately think they're Mexican? I'm sure many of the folks you think are Mexican are actually Central American.
i dont know but its definately true.

i think all brown people are mexican.

i guess its because most of them are mexican here in utah so since that is in fact the most common, it makes sense.

in florida they probably think mexicans are cuban or whatever is most common there

i dont know but its definately true.

i think all brown people are mexican.

i guess its because most of them are mexican here in utah so since that is in fact the most common, it makes sense.

in florida they probably think mexicans are cuban or whatever is most common there

Absolutely makes sense. To function cognitively we build patterns that we apply to similar circumstances in future events, also called stereotypes. So if we see 10 brown people and find out they are all mexican, it is simply logical that the 11th one we see we will immediately jump to the conclusion they are mexican as well. Is this necessarily a terrible thing? Do people assume all white people they see in america are americans, when they could be germans or english or even spaniards? Or are people really supposed to walk up to every single person they ever see to verify their actual race and lineage before jumping to evil conclusions?