What's new

we need nickname for trey burke

Don't think I saw this one and its good..

From the military....

A-10 Wart Hog jet...its nick name is tank killer....

I liked the way that Hot Rod came up with nicknames, or I guess you could say the way they used to come up with nicknames in the good ol' days. They observed what the player did well, then made a play off that. The Mailman always delivered. Ricky Green was the fastest of them all, and to this day there have been few players as fast on the dribble as Green. Stockton was very unassuming and all about business, so Stock was about as flashy a nickname as the player. Others were just an affectionate shortening of their name. Big T, Horny, et al. Griffith is the only one I can think of with multiple nicknames: Dr. Dunkenstein, Golden Griff, then just Griff at times. Even King James fits as a decent nickname because he was hailed as the greatest player to be drafted in a generation.

I think too much goes into this whole thing now, with players dictating their nicknames: Chris Paul pushed CP3 early in his career, Deron killed attempts at giving him a nickname, including Hot Rod's attempt at slick willy, or just slick, which I thought fit his game play well, as he was a deceptively smooth and quick player. I think the whole thing has lost something and really is a marketing tool rather than a sign of affection and recognition.

I liked the way that Hot Rod came up with nicknames, or I guess you could say the way they used to come up with nicknames in the good ol' days. They observed what the player did well, then made a play off that.

What he is doing well is destroying the tank, so I propose Apache--the quintessential anti-tank weapon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_AH-64_Apache
Apache_DOS.jpg

(From https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php...t-Burke-thread&p=730233&viewfull=1#post730233)

Wouldn't that be Trizzle Bizzle?

No we do not. Only people that give players nicknames are 50 year old, white game announcers.