What's new

We signed Emmanuel Mudiay

I think he would be expendable for something bigger. At the deadline, there will be some disappointed teams. There will be players who teams will look to dump. There will be teams looking to shed some salary even if it means taking on Exum's deal.

But I haven't lost faith in him. I think he's going to have a good season. My point was that our new GM won't be as patient as the old one.
U contradict yourself alot. U always say U haven't lost faith but Ur negative as well to Dante. Another hater!

So if Exum sucks and gets basically replaced my mudiay then we will be able to trade Exum at the deadline? Why? How? Who wants a third string point guard that makes 10 million?
I guess if we add some positive assets to the trade to get someone to take X off our hands.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Another hater.

Mudiay is going primarily back up Mitchell anyway to begin the season since he's shown he's more of a SG than PG at this stage of his career (which also frees up Royce to play exclusively SF/PF mins), the question is more around the fit between Exum (non-shooter) and Mudiay (questionable shooter but showing signs of improvement) in the bench backcourt. Maybe they stagger the minutes so Mudiay plays more with the starters and Exum more with the bench + Mitchell (still think it'd be nice for Mitchell to have stretches of the game where he's the only real shot maker for his development in the regular season).

Where it gets interesting for the Jazz is if
A) Exum stays healthy and actually starts consistently playing like he did in December
or
B) Mudiay shows some real PG chops and is capable of running the bench unit by himself, making Exum expendable.

It's also great to know that if one of Conley or Exum go down with injury we still have Mudiay to slide right into the 3rd guard role with minimal issues unlike Neto who would slide in well for 3 games then get hurt.

Whatever the opposite of rope a dope is we’re 100% that ... just coming out swinging lol.

Haven’t liked this dude but we’ll see. Wonder if Quin will help his shot selection skills

Emmanuel Mudiay is a high draft selection and is coming off a good year on a really bad team. Two teams haven't wanted him so this is not a bad third point guard choice.

This literally is one of those few zero risk potentially high reward type scenarios. No offense to the Neto groupies, but this is the type guy you get as a 3rd string PG. He has the size and athleticism and the potential. He just needs a franchise to show some faith.

This doesn't mean the end of Exum, but this might mean the end of patience with Exum. He's got the first half of the season to prove his worth. I still have faith in him, but he's gonna have to pull through or this Zanik train will send him out.
zero risk potentially high reward. sums it up perfectly.

it's a basically a Pelican/Julius Randle type of deal. min money. high upside. if we don't like him, he'd be gone by the end of the season. if we like him, he may stick around longer than Conley. we simply can't lose in this deal.

But if they’re acquiring assets on the market then that changes the math fundamentally, doesn’t it?
I don't understand what you are saying sorry.
I'm simply saying that I don't think lots of teams are looking for crappy overpaid players on long term deals.
Did we do something this off-season that changes that way of thinking?

Just so we’re clear, I’m not necessarily about Mudiay, but he is a gifted athlete and there is no risk with this move. It also signals a real trend right now that is very exciting as a Jazz fan.
I'm waiting for it next you'll say he's a better athlete than Dante. Anyway U fans are a disgrace. Never seen such a horrible bunch of people that are so negative to an injured. 76ers are waiting dante

I want to say someone described Devin Harris as the guy that always tries to hit a home run, even when his team only needed a single.

I think Exum's that guy. Only his version of striking out gets him injured.

I don't understand what you are saying sorry.
I'm simply saying that I don't think lots of teams are looking for crappy overpaid players on long term deals.
Did we do something this off-season that changes that way of thinking?

Draft assets aren’t as valuable in the big picture if you can sign free agents (and if you already have a knack for developing players). AKA: **** it, send compensation.