What's new

We signed Emmanuel Mudiay

This literally is one of those few zero risk potentially high reward type scenarios. No offense to the Neto groupies, but this is the type guy you get as a 3rd string PG. He has the size and athleticism and the potential. He just needs a franchise to show some faith.

This doesn't mean the end of Exum, but this might mean the end of patience with Exum. He's got the first half of the season to prove his worth. I still have faith in him, but he's gonna have to pull through or this Zanik train will send him out.

Mudiay feels kinda Alec burksy to me... I don’t mind the signing just not sure how good of a fit it is. He can create but I’m not sure he ever works in the team concept and makes a team better.

He’s young and has some promise... decent gamble.

Mudiay is a bad defender. If we could fuse him with Exum's defense it would be great, but the good news is Mudiay will be coming off the bench and won't be guarding the starting PG very much. And hopefully he can build on his offensive efficiency last season in NY where he definitely improved from a scoring POV.

Assuming we got him cheap so the risk is low.

This also kinda means we're likely going to be running a PF by committee similar to how the Warriors ran their C position by committee too which I'm ok with, unless we can find another rotation PF for vet min

Dude Jeff Green is likely starting and playing 20-ish minutes a game like Favors did last year. The most used lineup will feature the 4 other starters plus Joe though.

Mudiay is a bad defender. If we could fuse him with Exum's defense it would be great, but the good news is Mudiay will be coming off the bench and won't be guarding the starting PG very much. And hopefully he can build on his offensive efficiency last season in NY where he definitely improved from a scoring POV.

Assuming we got him cheap so the risk is low.

One year vet min. Literally no risk. And the potential rewards are huge.

This literally is one of those few zero risk potentially high reward type scenarios. No offense to the Neto groupies, but this is the type guy you get as a 3rd string PG. He has the size and athleticism and the potential. He just needs a franchise to show some faith.

This doesn't mean the end of Exum, but this might mean the end of patience with Exum. He's got the first half of the season to prove his worth. I still have faith in him, but he's gonna have to pull through or this Zanik train will send him out.
So if Exum sucks and gets basically replaced my mudiay then we will be able to trade Exum at the deadline? Why? How? Who wants a third string point guard that makes 10 million?
I guess if we add some positive assets to the trade to get someone to take X off our hands.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Surprising move to me. Didn't see it coming. Love it though. Why not? 22 or 23 with size for his position and upside for the minimum in an end of bench role. Nothing to lose.

Dude Jeff Green is likely starting and playing 20-ish minutes a game like Favors did last year. The most used lineup will feature the 4 other starters plus Joe though.
I don't understand your point? Warriors sans the half a season of Cousins would play guys like Zaza or Bogut 20ish minutes a game and then spread the rest of the minutes with other guys, that's exactly what the Jazz project to do with Jeff Green and the other wings.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of his, but if the staff can develop him he has a chance to be a good player.

That being said, I love the move in the general sense that I love how aggressive they are being this year.

So in conclusion, best off-season ever.

So if Exum sucks and gets basically replaced my mudiay then we will be able to trade Exum at the deadline? Why? How? Who wants a third string point guard that makes 10 million?
I guess if we add some positive assets to the trade to get someone to take X off our hands.

But if they’re acquiring assets on the market then that changes the math fundamentally, doesn’t it?

I’ll say this... he wants to be here to develop... he’s definitely got some talent and physical gifts... if he’s a smart hard worker then he will be a decent player at some point.

That's why he's here. He actually was effective before getting injured. I suspect Zanik probably sold him on the culture here and promising to take care of him if he developed. I absolutely LOVE this signing.

I think he would be expendable for something bigger. At the deadline, there will be some disappointed teams. There will be players who teams will look to dump. There will be teams looking to shed some salary even if it means taking on Exum's deal.

But I haven't lost faith in him. I think he's going to have a good season. My point was that our new GM won't be as patient as the old one.