What's new

What a wet fart of a Game 1

Jazz are not built for a team like the rockets.

Its just a terrible match up. What did you expect? They beat our *** last year with this same roster.

Nba needs to look at the buyout rules, where the rich keep getting richer. Thats s huge problem.

We need a change in the forward and point guard slot. Jae or Favors has to go and, obviously, AT LEAST one of our point guards has to go. I wish it was Exum but we'll have to give a pick or 2 to get rid of him sadly. I'd go after Kemba. Then trade Favors and/or Jae, Exum, Allen, thabo + picks for Blake. Problem solved for the jazz. 3 great scoring punches with Donovan.

Kemba
Donovan
Ingles
Griffin
Gobert.

Who says no to that lineup?

We need shooting badly. Our starting 1 and 4 can’t shoot, Korver is old as ****, Ingles isn’t some spring chicken and Mitchell just isn’t a natural and efficient.

We need guys who are natural shooters. Yet we also need a guy who can get his own shot/penetrate.

We need shooting badly. Our starting 1 and 4 can’t shoot, Korver is old as ****, Ingles isn’t some spring chicken and Mitchell just isn’t a natural and efficient.

We need guys who are natural shooters. Yet we also need a guy who can get his own shot/penetrate.
Kemba is that dude I'm just ultra hesitant on giving him a long term max with his age and size

We need a change in the forward and point guard slot. Jae or Favors has to go and, obviously, AT LEAST one of our point guards has to go. I wish it was Exum but we'll have to give a pick or 2 to get rid of him sadly. I'd go after Kemba. Then trade Favors and/or Jae, Exum, Allen, thabo + picks for Blake. Problem solved for the jazz. 3 great scoring punches with Donovan.

Kemba
Donovan
Ingles
Griffin
Gobert.

I wouldn't say no, but I don't see how we'd stay out of luxury tax hell. Our starting five would eat all our cap and we wouldn't be able to re-sign Donovan without killing ourselves even more.

Kemba
Donovan
Ingles
Griffin
Gobert.

Kemba is great. Blake is a ***** and he's poison

Silly me. I thought Dennis Do Little addressed Utah's talent deficit by bringing in Gorgeous Georges for the Swedish Swish and replacing Lil' Stock with The Dukie. Dat chemistry...always trumps talent.

Two things:
We need to realize that there is a big difference between being aware of your weaknesses and your ability to address them. DL is quite conservative. But he has shown he realizes what the team needs (like shooting with the Korver trade). Another thing is his ability to hit a home run (quite difficult to pull off). My observation goes to the first point.

Second, you are suggesting we had the ability to bring big talent the last off-season. Two words: cap space. We didn't have it. Therefore, the moves during the previous off-season and this one were designed to manage and extend our assets (Thabo, Udoh, Favors, Exum, Neto) to hopefully pull the trigger on a deal during the trade deadline with some of those contracts and/or expiring ones (Burks, Rubio). Everyone expected a trade due to the roster flaws. Not being able to make a trade was pretty frustrating. The next off-season should prove DL's ability to fix the roster. If not, we would be wasting Rudy and Donovan's prime.

No more dicking around with the extreme give him a wide *** open lane to his right. He gets back to his left anyway. If he buries us on step back threes so be it.

DM needs to get uber-aggressive... not just to shoot, but we struggled to get things going. Joe Ingles also needs to hunt his shot more.

Favs was solid but I need him to go full Tucker/Taj Gibson and just throw people out the way bully mode on the offensive glass.

If we lost Favors, Exum, Rubio and Grayson then added Blake and Kemba, we would be contenders without a doubt.

The Jazz D strategy can work, but the perimeter defenders have to stay attached to Harden's side more closely and the other 2 perimeter defenders who aren't helping on Rudy's man need to be pre-rotating to the corners.

I would love Griffin on the jazz. But he's fragile as tissue paper.

We already have a paper player, DedEx

Griffin is never healthy for the playoffa

Was gonna say this... if we had Blake we'd be much worse... we'd have to gut our depth and then he wouldn't be available when we need him most.

Of course we wouldn't have to rely on him nearly as heavily as Detroit so maybe with a lighter load he could stay somewhat healthy.

We really can't turn our nose at any of these guys (except Love... he ain't it)... will have to take what we can get (if we can get it).