What's new

What are you eating?

Yeah, raw meat and fish get dunked in the boiling broth. A big part of it is custom making your own dipping sauce.

It's awesome! Most hot pot restaurants are AYCE so you can just keep requesting whatever items you want.

I think I've mentioned before but the best thing about where I live is that as soon as I walk out of my apartment complex there are about 10 hotpot restaurants with all different styles. I love making sauces at them.

I am not a cook or a foodie. Most of what you all discuss is over my head, and I'd never have the patience to make most all of it.

This is a version of what I eat a few nights per week in the summer, depending on what's in the fridge. This one is mini shell and ditellini pastas with Canadian bacon, shredded cheddar, peas & carrots, olives, mushrooms, mayo, Miracle Whip, and lemon pepper. Cool and easy. And would probably bore most of you to tears.20220730_221858.jpg

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

IMG_20220817_174835.jpg

A new hotpot style for me today. This is a guizhou hotpot from an ethic minority group there. It's base is very good! It's a lemongrass, tamato, spicy, and sour soup. Then the sauce has home home dried peppers mixed with a sauce that includes a local vegetable that is spicy and kind of tastes like fish its a very unique taste. These ones are pickled for the sauce. Oh, this is a beef one. The beef is very good, this is more often a fish hotpot though. IMG_20220817_183939.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20220805_193001.jpg

While I'm at it, here is two nights agos dinner. This is the traditional Beijing style hotpot. It's usually lamb with sesame sauce. I also usually have my Sichuan style sauce with it as well, which is the most popular hotpot in China. Well, I guess maybe Chongqing is the most popular, but they are pretty similar.

I could never eat anything called blood noodles.
The vast majority of westerners couldn't eat traditional Chinese food. Even a lot of Chinese can't handle different traditional regional food. For example most people not from Beijing can't handle their pig intestine dish or their mung bean milk which is sour and smells like eggs . I like both, but I'll eat anything.

I made some butter chicken on Tuesday night, before I came down to my Dad's house to work on cleaning it up and getting it ready for sale. It was delicious.

Being alone here, tho, I've just been doing frozen things. I might make some stir fry tomorrow.

Just took my oldest to watch Grease and then to dinner at a diner for her bday. I’m so full. I had like 85% of the large popcorn and about 20 gummy bears at the movie, followed up by two pancakes with syrup, two eggs over easy, around four slices of bacon, two-thirds of my extra crispy corned beef hash, a tall glass of water, and two cups of coffee.

We are getting our annual side of beef in a few weeks. A 2-year old cow, grass-fed, grain finished. Should have nice marbling, it always falls right below prime grade basically. Great flavor. I bought a dry-aging cabinet since the prices are now so reasonable (paid like $200 for it), I should post some pictures when I get a chance. I am dry aging the entire rib primal, then cutting steaks out of it, with the loin primal intact, so it will give me everything from rib-eye all the way through to porterhouse, a few T-bones, then strips and filets. Big hunk of cow so going for 45 days. Hoping it comes in at 40-50 pounds or so in the end. Debating cutting a prime rib out of it in the end and smoking it low and slow for my wife's birthday. Anyway, I always get excited when the next side of beef is coming in. This time I also finagled both tri-tips and picanhas, as well as hangers, flat iron, denvers and a few other more obscure cuts. Oh and a ****-ton of ground beef. Great stuff. Red meat will probably kill me but at least I will enjoy it while I can.

Although, since I have been doing keto my blood panels are all better. Lower cholesterol, lower blood insulin levels, blood pressure is a lot better, all that. I am stuck at that 40 pound lost mark for some reason, even with increased activity, but oh well, it is better than being 288 pounds that is for sure.