What's new

WHAT DID I SAY? dante exum cant even break down the korean defense.

... and got them picked third and fourth overall in the draft. That sure was a lucrative "mistake" they made by not playing.

I understand why they did it, and give major props to their agents. As far as being able to perform at basketball though, I think it was a mistake.

Would Tim Duncan's career be different if he took a year off of HS and came to the NBA afterwards? Who knows? Lower leagues are better places to learn base fundamentals though, such as being able to make passes that aren't dribble handoffs (in Kanter's case) or being able to play 5 minutes in a row without getting winded (Exum's case).

I understand why they did it, and give major props to their agents. As far as being able to perform at basketball though, I think it was a mistake.

Would Tim Duncan's career be different if he took a year off of HS and came to the NBA afterwards? Who knows? Lower leagues are better places to learn base fundamentals though, such as being able to make passes that aren't dribble handoffs (in Kanter's case) or being able to play 5 minutes in a row without getting winded (Exum's case).

David Robinson took two years off to go Navy.

hope lack of playing time pisses him off.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

At the minimum he won't have any problem backing up Burke now. This was a humbling experience for him. There shouldn't be any training camp drama to worry about.

pretty disappointed in exum, he's not doing what I want him to do all the time.
should have traded the pick for assets.

good teams always have assets.

What's the elevation in North Korea though? Isn't it higher than high altitude Utah? Who wouldn't expect a kid who's been out of structured ball for what 11 months now to struggle at not only Utah altitude but in North Korea altitude???

Give him a few days, kids.

let's all admit here. exum just doesn't look the part yet. i just don't think we are getting lil penny. hope i'm wrong

this is what happens when you draft someone on potential

he hasnt played like a number 5 pick yet against real men in competition.

the book is still out on him, but as of now its all hoping he pans out. this pick was very risky, high reward.
right now its not looking great to be honest, because he is so raw. but we will just have to watch how he develops.
i think he has a good chance under someone like Quin to maximize his potential. the odds are against him though that
he'll actually like up to the hype.

let's all admit here. exum just doesn't look the part yet. i just don't think we are getting lil penny. hope i'm wrong

this is what happens when you draft someone on potential

he hasnt played like a number 5 pick yet against real men in competition.

the book is still out on him, but as of now its all hoping he pans out. this pick was very risky, high reward.
right now its not looking great to be honest, because he is so raw. but we will just have to watch how he develops.
i think he has a good chance under someone like Quin to maximize his potential. the odds are against him though that
he'll actually like up to the hype.

These are how I feel.

I have not given up on dante by any means but when we drafted him I was not thrilled about it (though I felt it was the right pick due to "experts having him ranked in the top 3 and sometimes as high as #1) and had lots of doubt about him.

Then I saw him at the scrimmage and his first game in SL and I proclaimed that he would be a top 5 pg in the league in a few years.

Now I'm just hoping he can be a quality starter someday.

I think we will still be searching for that ever elusive superstar.

This guy seems to be an extremely advanced pnr player for his age. Couple that with his speed and length and he could be special