What's new

What does Gobert need to do to get some run this year?

what does he need to do to get that game changing presence onto the floor?

Learn to use his length while defending a la Omer Asik, Hibbert

Improve his upper body for battling under the rim

Decrease his stupid fouls

At least gotta become % 60 FT shooter

PnR offense will be his strenght so he's gotta improve his hands to get passes in traffic

More of this:

9ab9cfba575019edde51fe1e3b369d32.gif

Gobert WILL get playing time. Last season he played about as much as he should have. He was very, very raw and saw action in 1/2 the games. He's definitely taken a giant step forward. I see him averaging 15-18 mins/per and playing in ALL 82 games.

All I want to see him do is focus on defense, rebounding and passing. Blocked shots will come naturally. Points will come off put backs and dump offs. My prediction is somewhere around 8-8-2 in 18 mins. I don't think he has the skills yet to play 30 mins/per. He's progressing nicely. Let him be the backup to Favors at the 5 and Kanter and Booker play PF. Odd man out just might be Novak. Or you could play Novak at PF when Gobert is at the 5; that spaces the floor. Quin has a lot of options.

Gobert WILL get playing time. Last season he played about as much as he should have. He was very, very raw and saw action in 1/2 the games. He's definitely taken a giant step forward. I see him averaging 15-18 mins/per and playing in ALL 82 games.

All I want to see him do is focus on defense, rebounding and passing. Blocked shots will come naturally. Points will come off put backs and dump offs. My prediction is somewhere around 8-8-2 in 18 mins. I don't think he has the skills yet to play 30 mins/per. He's progressing nicely. Let him be the backup to Favors at the 5 and Kanter and Booker play PF. Odd man out just might be Novak. Or you could play Novak at PF when Gobert is at the 5; that spaces the floor. Quin has a lot of options.

You can't rely on a human being his size to be physically well enough to play in every single game.

You can't rely on a human being his size to be physically well enough to play in every single game.

Well, when I said 82 games, I just meant he won't get any DNP-CD's. Hardly any guys play in all 82 games; you usually just see 1-2 on each team that have played in every game.

I think Gobert's minutes depends more on Favors than Kanter. It's a fact that Kanter leaves the team vulnerable on defense more than deserved. And the Jazz's need for him mostly bases upon his ability to score. If Favors gets consistent on his long midranges, I think Gobert will see a few lineups, leaving Enes on bench.

Do what he's done so far - rebound, block shots, put-backs and the occasional 1-on-1 move and finally NOT LOOK LOST ON OFFENSE.

Gobert should have played more last season and this season he's going to be a good amount better. Everyone talks about how hard he's been working. I especially look forward to mismatches against smaller teams.

[x] rebounding
[x] shot-blocking
[x] man-defense (good but needs to bulk up)
[ ] team-defense (this takes time obv)
[ ] limit PFs (aggression is great but gotta stay on court)
[ ] improve FT% (49% is too low)
[ ] get a go-to move (some variation of hook-shot)

Add a passing ability there. He already has it. Just needs to show more. And for that, minutes.