What's new

What in the damn hell is the Rally Churro?

I wasn't going to bring this up but now I feel I must.

I was at the first game back on Saturday night. I watched Rudy go down and painfully crawl across the floor. I felt like puking and punching the guy next to me who said to his girlfriend, or whore or whatever she was, "well their best guy just went down, now it'll be a cake-walk". But I held back, and shed a single tear. For most of the first quarter we were in disarray. The game looked lost even though Mighty Joe Ingles did all he could to put us on his old man shoulders and carry us through. During the break after the 1st quarter, my wife and daughter went to get snacks. I asked my wife to surprise me and started planning out exit if things did not improve. Do you know what my wife brought me?

A churro.

A glorious golden and brown, sugar and cinnamon dipped, crispy churro. Hot and fresh. It tasted so good, and I ate it rather quickly.

And by the time I had finished the last wonderful bite, guess what? We were ahead by 6 and the Clippers called time-out to try to stop the bleeding. Right as I finished the last bite they called time out. Jazz ahead 6. And we held that lead until well into the 4th quarter, and we won on that amazing last second shot by Joe Johnson.

See, the churro was the turn-around point. It guided us to the win, and it blessed the team in Rudy's absence.

So praise the churro.

And you are all welcome.

I was at the first game back on Saturday night. I watched Rudy go down and painfully crawl across the floor. I felt like puking and punching the guy next to me who said to his girlfriend, or whore or whatever she was, "well their best guy just went down, now it'll be a cake-walk". But I held back, and shed a single tear. For most of the first quarter we were in disarray. The game looked lost even though Mighty Joe Ingles did all he could to put us on his old man shoulders and carry us through. During the break after the 1st quarter, my wife and daughter went to get snacks. I asked my wife to surprise me and started planning out exit if things did not improve. Do you know what my wife brought me?

A churro.

A glorious golden and brown, sugar and cinnamon dipped, crispy churro. Hot and fresh. It tasted so good, and I ate it rather quickly.

And by the time I had finished the last wonderful bite, guess what? We were ahead by 6 and the Clippers called time-out to try to stop the bleeding. Right as I finished the last bite they called time out. Jazz ahead 6. And we held that lead until well into the 4th quarter, and we won on that amazing last second shot by Joe Johnson.

See, the churro was the turn-around point. It guided us to the win, and it blessed the team in Rudy's absence.

So praise the churro.

And you are all welcome.

posts like these are why I continue to post on Jazzfanz.

A churro.

So praise the churro.

And you are all welcome.

This Churro should be canonized, St Churro of the Staples Center. Can one of you photo shop wizards knock up a photo of said Churro with the appropriate halo?

A churro.

So praise the churro.

And you are all welcome.
That was beautiful. My favorite part is punching the guy next to you and his girlfriend/whore. Lmao

Sent from my VS990 using JazzFanz mobile app

That was beautiful. My favorite part is punching the guy next to you and his girlfriend/whore. Lmao

Sent from my VS990 using JazzFanz mobile app

So the funny part was this all actually happened. I had told my wife I wanted a churro at some point (I have been changing the way I eat, lost almost 50 pounds so far =) and since I was at the game it was a good treat. She went out and bought it and I really did finish it EXACTLY as they called timeout. I thought briefly about having her take a picture with me and the churro for JF but then the rally was on and I was caught up in it all, so I didn't get the pic. But at the end of the game, when we hit that game-winner, I turned and high-fived the guy behind me (the other Jazz fan sitting near us), then high-fived my daughter, and then turned to that guy and his girlfriend/whore and offered a high-five and said loudly "piece of cake bro".

He left me hanging.

A churro.

So praise the churro.

And you are all welcome.
Pretty awesome

So the funny part was this all actually happened. I had told my wife I wanted a churro at some point (I have been changing the way I eat, lost almost 50 pounds so far =) and since I was at the game it was a good treat. She went out and bought it and I really did finish it EXACTLY as they called timeout. I thought briefly about having her take a picture with me and the churro for JF but then the rally was on and I was caught up in it all, so I didn't get the pic. But at the end of the game, when we hit that game-winner, I turned and high-fived the guy behind me (the other Jazz fan sitting near us), then high-fived my daughter, and then turned to that guy and his girlfriend/whore and offered a high-five and said loudly "piece of cake bro".

He left me hanging.
Congrats on the weight loss,that's awesome

churrograil.jpg

Ban the OP wtfz

All hail the rally churro.

May be posting a massively drunken pic with my SerpicoNJ (my original handle) and rally churro t-shirt on.

Trophy count is near 4k. My clan is Filthy Clanimal.

ah. respectable enough. i'm level 10, capped out around 4500 trophies, cant get over the hump to the third league. **** gets hard when you aren't willing to pay to win.

A churro.

So praise the churro.

And you are all welcome.

It's official. I shall eat a churro tonight while sitting on my couch.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz