What's new

What is grunge?

I like STP for sure. Another sad case of a lead singer who died.

Edit: meant to say died too soon. Sad how many of these guys suffer from mental illness that either goes untreated or they get into substance abuse or what have you.

Dude was a massive drug pig and i assume arsehole, **** his brother voted him out of their own band.

Black, immortality, the evolution, porch, icould go on. The are still ****ing great live too.

I have two friends who saw them live a bunch of times including in Wisconsin for their 25th anniversary of Ten. I used to love Black and a bunch of other songs. Nothing Man, Elderly Woman...but it really is a bunch of woe is me ****. Jeremy is ****ing powerful as ****. Especially considering it came out seven years before Columbine.

Black, immortality, the evolution, porch, icould go on. The are still ****ing great live too.

I've been fortunate enough to see them in several epic concerts. I was in the first row on this one (see the energy at 22:48):

I was also here (freaking annoying commentator):

I've been fortunate enough to see them in several epic concerts. I was in the first row on this one (see the energy at 22:48):

I was also here (freaking annoying commentator):

Cant watch it. I last saw em in 2009, they played for over 4 hours and were supported by Ben Harper. Vedder has a property about an hour out of Melbourne.

To me Grunge is just punk rock with an emphasis on song writing. So like a form of "post punk", but not experimental. Then it got super popular and commercialized and it moved farther away from punk as more normies adopted it and just copied the OGs but without the punk energy. Eventually it just became radio rock without any real defining features.

Cant watch it. I last saw em in 2009, they played for over 4 hours and were supported by Ben Harper. Vedder has a property about an hour out of Melbourne.
It was Alive at Hyde Park, London.

Oh yeah, they love touring Australia (and surfing of course)

Any of y'all ever listen to guttermouth?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Melvin's are considered to be the gateway imo.
I don't really know them. Now that I think about it, the Pixies probably aren't grunge. They're a weird band. Let's say rock(in a very broad sense) is liquor and grunge is beer. The Pixies wouldn't be beer or liquor but they'd still give you a buzz.

Probably the dumbest metaphor I've ever used.

Hehepeepeecaca