What's new

What is Rudy's actual worth?

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
What do we reckon Rudy's real market value is? Capella makes ten mil give or take less than Rudy and isnt as good a player but is a fair comparison. What looks like a fair contract to you guys? 5 years at the same numbers front loaded?

Discuss

AD got 5 years $190. Let's just use the first 4 years as a base because I don't want to pay Rudy a max type number when he is 33+.

AD
20-21 $33
21-22 $35
22-23 $38
23-24 $40+
4 years around $146

I think AD is a more valuable player than Rudy especially come playoff time, marketing, etc. Let's just say he's worth $5 million more per year. And we should put Rudy on a declining deal.

Rudy
$35
$32.5
$30
$27.5
4 years $125

Seems fair

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

AD got 5 years $190. Let's just use the first 4 years as a base because I don't want to pay Rudy a max type number when he is 33+.

AD
20-21 $33
21-22 $35
22-23 $38
23-24 $40+
4 years around $146

I think AD is a more valuable player than Rudy especially come playoff time, marketing, etc. Let's just say he's worth $5 million more per year. And we should put Rudy on a declining deal.

Rudy
$35
$32.5
$30
$27.5
4 years $125

Seems fair

Lol.

In the 5/175 range. I prefer flatter contracts as well.

As a base, let it have incentives to approach the AD/Mitchell range.

AD
20-21 $33
21-22 $35
22-23 $38
23-24 $40+
4 years around $146

Rudy
$35
$32.5
$30
$27.5
4 years $125

Seems fair

Rudy is better dumbass!!

His market value is significantly less than his on court value...but with DL in the negotiation room, you can only assume that Gobert will get more than his market.

He’s the main piece to have restored the jazz to a winning program. That’s worth a lot.

The biggest question marks on his value are the result of playoff performances. And, when you look at the opponents and our strategies, we’ve sorta hung him out to dry in those matchups. For example, Rudy’s metrics in all iso situations (post, perimeter, etc.) are good to great. The problem is that there’s basically zero defense behind him. He is perennially the Alpha and the Omega. Therefore, if I were Rudy I wouldn’t feel very open to the jazz organization questioning my playoff value (if that is in fact part of the negotiation).

Before Gobert popped the Jazz were a super lackluster team of high lottery picks. Remember the days of us thinking Favors/Kanter were going to be a super front court duo and how disappointing they where?

Before Gobert popped the Jazz were a super lackluster team of high lottery picks. Remember the days of us thinking Favors/Kanter were going to be a super front court duo and how disappointing they where?
Remember the days of us thinking favors and Rudy were going to be a super front court duo and how disappointing they were? Good thing we are past those...oh ****.

Remember the days of us thinking favors and Rudy were going to be a super front court duo and how disappointing they were? Good thing we are past those...oh ****.
Were they disappointing? They were consistently amongst very positive 5-man combos. It didn’t work well with Rubio, though, so we’ll have to be careful not to play Rubio with them this time around, even just in spot minutes.

Were they disappointing? They were consistently amongst very positive 5-man combos. It didn’t work well with Rubio, though, so we’ll have to be careful not to play Rubio with them this time around, even just in spot minutes.
It's always somebody else's fault when it comes to Rudy. We had nothing but defenders, and we struggled in the playoffs. Too many defenders around Rudy.We have too many offensive players, and we struggled in the playoffs. Not enough defenders around Rudy.

Rudy doesn't dominate in the playoffs. Why can't you guys get that through your heads?

That last year with Corbin though. THAT was rough.

AD
20-21 $33
21-22 $35
22-23 $38
23-24 $40+
4 years around $146

Rudy
$35
$32.5
$30
$27.5
4 years $125

Seems fair

We would all love that deal but there is not a chance it is that low. If the Jazz come in with those number my guess is that Rudy is gone.

Your jokes about this may deflate come traded deadline when DL’s big move to get under the tax is sending Conley and picks to Minnesota for Rubio and Ed Davis.