What's new

What is the jazz doing!

You dont miss out on embiid by drafting before he gets picked. In fact its the oppisite. If you draft prior to a player being picked then you actually have the opportunity to draft that player. Who hasnt been picked yet.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I think he is just assuming the picks happen in the exact same order they actually DID happen, regardless of which team is picking there.

In other words, going back to that scenario at that time with the info we had at that time, if you had the first pick, who do you choose? Not using the knowledge you have now. The assumption is that the picks likely still happen in the order they actually did as most teams probably had the same view of the players at that time.

I think he is just assuming the picks happen in the exact same order they actually DID happen, regardless of which team is picking there.

In other words, going back to that scenario at that time with the info we had at that time, if you had the first pick, who do you choose? Not using the knowledge you have now. The assumption is that the picks likely still happen in the order they actually did as most teams probably had the same view of the players at that time.
I choose wiggins. And I think wiggins would be the better player to exum. If I had the number two pick I would have picked embiid. I think he would be better than exum as well. Even Jabari and Smart are preferable to exum imo. Gordon too. Btw I was always against taking exum. I would not have picked him. I would have taken randle before exum as well.
I also dont think any games we won that year did anything positive for the jazz franchise.

Five years on it's really easy to say you would pick the player that turned out the best. Yet, every single year a dozen teams with the best talent evaluators in the world pick scrubs ahead of the Donovan Mitchells and Sabonis and SGA etc.

Five years on it's really easy to say you would pick the player that turned out the best. Yet, every single year a dozen teams with the best talent evaluators in the world pick scrubs ahead of the Donovan Mitchells and Sabonis and SGA etc.

Ya my post is a reflection of how i would have drafted before the draft happened. I loved wiggins and thought he would be better than he has been. Embiid would have been my second choice. I never liked exum at all.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app