What's new

What the hell?

Sure, I'm not going to defend her actions, but manslaughter charges for someone who was shot while pregnant is beyond ****ed up.

Right?

This... shouldn’t... be... this... hard...

But in today’s political world, this woman should be charged with manslaughter and trump can rape whoever he wants and nothing will happen.

Nothing matters anymore.

So obviously, she deserves manslaughter charges...

Aren't people who rob people, and one of them are killed during the robbery, charged with manslaughter as well?

If you were the dad of this baby and looking forward to the child, II' imagine you'd be feeling pretty terrible - if she really did do what I wrote earlier. I'm not casting stones right now or making judgements. Innocent until proven guilty.

Aren't people who rob people, and one of them are killed during the robbery, charged with manslaughter as well?

If you were the dad of this baby and looking forward to the child, II' imagine you'd be feeling pretty terrible - if she really did do what I wrote earlier. I'm not casting stones right now or making judgements. Innocent until proven guilty.
You think he's gonna feel better with his wife in jail?

You think he's gonna feel better with his wife in jail?

No. Nor am I for charging them with manslaughter. My point is this isn't an abortion issue.

Speaking of stand your ground laws, anyone remember the black kid who was shot and killed in Provo a weeks back? I guess he was beating up a girl outside and someone stopped, said stop doing it, he didn't so he shot him dead. I mean, wtf, if the guy doesn't have a gun or a knife, why not try and restrain him first?

People are way too trigger happy. Another trigger happy example is the kid that got shot 9 times in Utah by the police about a month ago.

Life is precious. People with guns are like the avid hunters with guns. They get off pulling the trigger.

I don't know that they anticipated this.

But this is the logical conclusion of stand-your-ground plus "abortion is murder" in a case where defense lethal force is used against a pregnant woman who loses her baby as a result.

Rubashov, what don't you get?

this-is-fine.0.jpg

But its not like she fired the gun herself. So when a bird falls down the stairs and loses a baby is it murder? What about if a woman miscarriages and has risky life choices is that then manslaughter? Complete madness, sort of **** you'd see in Saudi Arabia.

The real problem is that stand your ground laws lead to an escalation in altercations, as people feel justified to use deadly force. Situations that start as simple battery turn into shootouts.

To respond to other posts, I'm sure no one expected this particular course of events but opponents of stand your ground laws argued the increase in lethality during altercations. And of course the horror of a mother being held criminally responsible for the loss of a fetus she didn't intend was one of the main points those opposed to that particular law brought up.

This the the future Republicans want.

Not even joking.

Doesn't make him wrong. Add stand-your-ground to making the death of a fetus a homicide, and this is the result. What about this future in not what the Republicans want?

I don't know that they anticipated this.

But this is the logical conclusion of stand-your-ground plus "abortion is murder" in a case where defense lethal force is used against a pregnant woman who loses her baby as a result.

Rubashov, what don't you get?

this-is-fine.0.jpg

This is no different than driving drunk and killing your passengers.

You guys ok with that too?

What he's saying is this.

Left: a man can't talk about abortion since he doesn't have a uterus.

Also left: a man can be a woman even if he doesn't have a uterus.

One of the candidates in the recent debate brought up trans abortion.

What he's saying is this.

Left: a man can't talk about abortion since he doesn't have a uterus.

Also left: a man can be a woman even if he doesn't have a uterus.

One of the candidates in the recent debate brought up trans abortion.

So typical right wing wedge crap, find an extreme example, distort it and shout it until people have abandoned reason and want to kill each other. That sounds like a sound way to work out our differences....

So typical right wing wedge crap, find an extreme example, distort it and shout it until people have abandoned reason and want to kill each other. That sounds like a sound way to work out our differences....

No for real, one of the candidates on stage defended a man who became a woman’s right to an abortion...

Yes the right is using it to divide but what a stupid thing to advocate.

I think he was joking to make his point. I can't speak for him. I'm surprised I'm the only one that got what he was saying.

I don't think it's an extreme example either. Trans abortion was literally used as a talking point in the democratic debate and got a huge ovation.

(I just YouTube real quick this. I don't know the channel, don't know the political affiliation and only watched the first 20 or so seconds until he said what I'm referencing. Just want make that clear before someone loses their **** and tries to burn the witch.)

No for real, one of the candidates on stage defended a man who became a woman’s right to an abortion...

I think he was joking to make his point. I can't speak for him. I'm surprised I'm the only one that got what he was saying.

I don't think it's an extreme example either. Trans abortion was literally used as a talking point in the democratic debate and got a huge ovation.

(I just YouTube real quick this. I don't know the channel, don't know the political affiliation and only watched the first 20 or so seconds until he said what I'm referencing. Just want make that clear before someone loses their **** and tries to burn the witch.)

Look im sure trans people get a pretty ****** deal out of life, frankly most people do and i dont wanna make it worse. Using them as a messaging signpost really helps no one and essentially exploits them.

If you're running for President of the United States surely you should be able to think of more substantial issues to talk about. It should be a process where by the public listen to serious people with ideas on public health, education, safety, security, americas place in the world. It shouldnt sound like the local editorial meeting of some ****** student newspaper.

Look im sure trans people get a pretty ****** deal out of life, frankly most people do and i dont wanna make it worse. Using them as a messaging signpost really helps no one and essentially exploits them.

I agree.

Politics can utterly be the worst. Exploits is a word on point.

Women who have transitioned to men should have a right an abortion. Are you sure that's not what was meant?