What's new

What the Jazz offense might look like.

So I'd say Favors would look like the better jump shooter and is improving, just by the shot charts.

Haha, what!?

Favors has zero areas above 40% outside of the paint, and his sample size is significantly smaller for his jump shots. Kanter has two areas above 40% (47.3% and 42.9%), and both have more attempts than any other area outside of the paint from Favors. This is not a debate.

Yes, Favors is improving, though, but not to a point where anyone can honestly say he is the better shooter. The evidence just doesn't back up your claim.

The area in which Kanter shot the most jumpers last year (91 from top left side), he shot 47.3%

Favors also shot most of his jumpers from the top left, 71 in total, but shot 37%, a whole 10% worse.

It can also be said that Kanter is actually getting better too. The area where he shot the most, top left, was only at 34.1% on 44 attempts in 12-13'. Kanter more than doubled his shot attempts from there, up to 91 from 44, and was able to increase his efficiency to 47.3% from that spot in 13-14'.

Last edited:
I hope they make Exum run floppy 10 times a half to make him get into game shape. Plus, he seems to have that Tony Parker speed change necessary for the play to be worth a damn (for anyone not named Korver).

I'm not saying I believe that Favors is a better shooter than Kanter. I'm saying that someone who has never watched jazz games really would believe that.

I'm not saying I believe that Favors is a better shooter than Kanter. I'm saying that someone who has never watched jazz games really would believe that.

Well, not really... when you calculate the % for shots outside the paint for last year, you get 34.4% for Favors and 39.5 for Kanter. So yah... 5% is not a small difference. But you are right, Favors has improved a lot compared to his previous seasons. I wonder if he could make another jump this season.

Well, not really... when you calculate the % for shots outside the paint for last year, you get 34.4% for Favors and 39.5 for Kanter. So yah... 5% is not a small difference. But you are right, Favors has improved a lot compared to his previous seasons. I wonder if he could make another jump this season.

It is actually about range and if you compare their percentages from 15-19 ft. you see that it s not that close. Enes on 151 attempts shot .391 and Derrick on 85 attempts shot .271. So if we are talkin bout range it's not that close.

Reactions: ema
Yeah sure I was not saying you should watch some games of course :) I am saying that coach hotnick did not even bother watch jazz games and still pose around acting like knowing what the jazz are all about.

It is actually about range and if you compare their percentages from 15-19 ft. you see that it s not that close. Enes on 151 attempts shot .391 and Derrick on 85 attempts shot .271. So if we are talkin bout range it's not that close.

Yah, it's possible. I was just using those stats that were given by Sexual Favors. 5% is not a marginal difference by any means, 12 is huge!

Yeah sure I was not saying you should watch some games of course :) I am saying that coach hotnick did not even bother watch jazz games and still pose around acting like knowing what the jazz are all about.

He knows what he's talking about with the offense and set plays though, which is pretty valuable. He's not going to be able to watch every teams games and get a feel for the players. Also Enes was hidden last year which gave him a bad rep.