What's new

What "Type" Of Coach Will Replace Ty

I want a guy who is a known quality coach. I'm not ready to get behind an guy with unknown potential. Someone who is an alpha dog. A guy with a Popovich or Sloan demand of respect. I'm not sure who that guy is though.

I want a guy who is a known quality coach. I'm not ready to get behind an guy with unknown potential. Someone who is an alpha dog. A guy with a Popovich or Sloan demand of respect. I'm not sure who that guy is though.

Of the current availables, that would be one of the VG's, either J or S.

nateboz said:

Of the current availables, that would be one of the VG's, either J or S.
Adelman will be available ;)

Wolves are pursuing hoiberg, izzo and svg. If any of them are truly available we better get serious quickly.

Utah is a MUCH better job than the Timberpups, so we should get a better coach than them. I just have no interest in the Van Gundys. I'd rather get Hollins, and I'm only liking him because of the Dixie Homer in me. Would be on board with The Mayor or Izzo. Do not want a current Jazz assistant either.

I'm just worried that with all this talk of upping the tempo and running more that they will hire D'Antoni. But I'm sure they are smarter than that.

Utah is a MUCH better job than the Timberpups, so we should get a better coach than them. I just have no interest in the Van Gundys. I'd rather get Hollins, and I'm only liking him because of the Dixie Homer in me. Would be on board with The Mayor or Izzo. Do not want a current Jazz assistant either.

I'd say there's a 75% chance it's either Brad Jones or Alex Jensen.....or (sigh) Tyrone Corbin. Jazz will throw out some feelers, we might hear an encouraging rumor or two; but at the end of the day they'll stick with one of their own.

I'd say there's a 75% chance it's either Brad Jones or Alex Jensen.....or (sigh) Tyrone Corbin. Jazz will throw out some feelers, we might hear an encouraging rumor or two; but at the end of the day they'll stick with one of their own.

I agree :-(

We didn't stick with one of our own for GM. Perhaps some more cross mingling between the Spurs and Jazz whose FOs are extremely close already.

The Jazz have had 2 coaching changes in the last 30 years. I'm not sure you can draw any inferences from that. Other than perhaps the Laker gig, there isn't a better available job in all of Basketball. We could pretty much get all the ex coaches and top assistants that have been mentioned if we made the right offer. The biggest question is if we could lure a top college coach which is probably what we need. I don't believe there is any way in Hell that Alex Jensen is the head coach next year.

I'd want a "proven" first time coach like Longabardi.

You know if we have Longabardi, we will have a top 10 defense. That's a guarantee.

Why? Because Phoenix is top 15 this year, and we have better athletes. He had Pierce, Ray Allen and Garnett playing top 10 defense.

You know he could have Favors, Burke, Burks, draft pick, Hayward playing top 10 defense. We would be nasty with Longabardi.

I'd want a "proven" first time coach like Longabardi.

You know if we have Longabardi, we will have a top 10 defense. That's a guarantee.

Why? Because Phoenix is top 15 this year, and we have better athletes. He had Pierce, Ray Allen and Garnett playing top 10 defense.

You know he could have Favors, Burke, Burks, draft pick, Hayward playing top 10 defense. We would be nasty with Longabardi.

I like longabardi, but really feel after the BS we have endured the last 3 1/2 years we need as sure of a bet one can get. We need a homerun with this hire.

Hopefully, someone we know.

hqdefault.jpg