What's new

What Utah going to the Pac does to rivalries

How's the sword fight comming? j/k
How about as a secondary bet to address this manhood, each of you could predict the score and who ever is closer wins this secondary bet, there are variations of this as well like adding the total score up for example, just thought I'd throw it out there since during this lil' sword fight each others sack size came in question.

I'll put a stop to this and just take the prize for biggest sack. Ask bigb/catratcho.

I'm not so sure I think bigb would have to under go further testing to prove this, we would need to see the said markings on his chin at the very least.

I'm not so sure I think bigb would have to under go further testing to prove this, we would need to see the said markings on his chin at the very least.

It's like Viggo Mortenson and the canyon on his chin.

viggo-mortensen-20040906-9298.jpg

I said I was sorry.

I don't know how I could be more clear... TCU and Utah are the 2 favorites to win the MWC this year. TCU and Utah would also be the 2 favorites to win the PAC this year. There is no TCU in the PAC, so if Utah was already in the PAC, they would be the favorite this year. It's not delusional. You know what's delusional? Some bitter BYU fan who keeps saying Utah wouldn't and won't contend for a PAC championship, but refuses to list the teams that will- even after being asked to do so repeatedly.
Holy freaking ****, you are a complete moron! I never said you'd never compete for a championship in the PAC.
***pauses typing to re-read thread***
In fact, here's exactly what I said in post #79 of this very same thread:
To tell you you my opinion on it, I think Utah will be in the top 1/3 of the new PAC just about every year, with a shot at winning it some years. My only point was that I don't think this next year (2010) is one of those years.
But to answer your question, I think either USC or Oregon could be the winners this year. Do both have HUGE question marks this year? Yes. Does Utah have HUGE question marks this year? Yes. That simple.
Am I bitter? Maybe a little. Am I jealous? Hell yes. Do I think you're a delusional homer? Double hell yes.

Holy freaking ****, you are a complete moron! I never said you'd never compete for a championship in the PAC.
***pauses typing to re-read thread***
In fact, here's exactly what I said in post #79 of this very same thread:

But to answer your question, I think either USC or Oregon could be the winners this year. Do both have HUGE question marks this year? Yes. Does Utah have HUGE question marks this year? Yes. That simple.
Am I bitter? Maybe a little. Am I jealous? Hell yes. Do I think you're a delusional homer? Double hell yes.

Well if you think USC and Oregon are so much better than Utah that I'm delusional for not agreeing, then I hate to tell you but I am not the delusional one. Just about every article I have seen on the subject said Utah is expected to compete in the PAC from day 1. I posted at least one link (possibly more but I can't remember for sure if I posted more than 1) so it isn't just me being a homer.

By the way, I know what you said. If you read my post, you will see that I found it odd that you said Utah would compete in the future but NOT this year. I was saying I could understand you saying in the future they will fall off, but right now they are as good as any team in the PAC.

USC and Oregon? LOL, we'll see how those teams do this year. Oregon was the experts' pick until they kicked Masoli (the starting QB) off the team. USC is just crazy talk though. They weren't good enough to win it last year, and this year their team is getting picked apart with all the good players looking to transfer, and the scholorships being reduced.

You just picked USC and Oregon as teams that are better than Utah this season, and called me a delusional moron in the same post. LOL, too funny.

They weren't good enough to win it last year, and this year their team is getting picked apart with all the good players looking to transfer, and the scholorships being reduced.

Remember that Potson guy that couldn't hack it at USC and then started at Utah for a couple of years? Yeah, I think they are probably deep enough to handle a few players leaving, especially since you guys aren't even going to see them for at least one more year. Give Barkley and Baxter a year to come together and you guys are dead. USC's got a great fight song though - you'll learn to love it.

You just picked USC and Oregon as teams that are better than Utah this season, and called me a delusional moron in the same post. LOL, too funny.

Oregon wont hurt that much for losing masoli. He was the least talented quarter back on their team. Oregon has more talent on their kickoff team than Utah has on their whole team. The only reason that Utah was close to Oregon last year is they did not take Utah seriously. This year every team in the pac-10 would push Utah every game. Utah can win one big game but playing better teams week in and week out utah's lack of depth will show up. utah will get better as recruiting takes off.

Oregon wont hurt that much for losing masoli. He was the least talented quarter back on their team. Oregon has more talent on their kickoff team than Utah has on their whole team. The only reason that Utah was close to Oregon last year is they did not take Utah seriously. This year every team in the pac-10 would push Utah every game. Utah can win one big game but playing better teams week in and week out utah's lack of depth will show up. utah will get better as recruiting takes off.

SHHHHHHH.... let them run their mouths and be the arrogant bunch of drunk-tards that they are. It is so much more satisfying to rub it in after the fact.

Did you actually watch any UO games last year? or do you have some sort of perverse definition of talent? Masoli was their ONLY QB who could rush the ball in their spread offense... and as mediocre as passer as he was, he was far and away their best. They had a pretty good defense last year and a great freshman running back in Legarrette James (who is having his own legal problems), but without Masoli they would have been a .500 team at best.

Hate to say it, but the Pac 10 wasn't that good last year. Wash. St., Az. State, and UCLA all looked like highschool programs, Cal is habitually overrated, and everyone else fed off eachothers mediocrity. Utah, in rebuilding mode, probably would have won 7 games last year... and with USC having its problems, I expect Utah to be a favorite for the 2012 Rose bowl.

Last edited:
"YAY, WE GOT A BRONZE MEDAL! TAKE THAT, TDS! LOL!!1"

Congrats. No, seriously, congrats.

So much bitterness... I wonder if the Cougar's are feeling it too?

Well, at least they'll have plenty of opportunities to take it out on the San Diego State's, New Mexico's, Wyomings... etc., of the country while the Utes battle to outdo their bronze :eek:

The biggest difference is that BYU fans don't go around jamming their NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP trophey down everyone's throat -- YOU guys are the ones that always bring up your third place finish, not me. Bitter? Not in the slightest. I really enjoy pointing out the fact that the best you guys have done is 3rd place, while we have won it all.

The biggest difference is that BYU fans don't go around jamming their NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP trophey down everyone's throat -- YOU guys are the ones that always bring up your third place finish, not me.

Don't you think that's because one happened a quarter of a century ago and they other happened twice just a few years ago? BTW, I've seen many posters jam BYU's National Championship and others down Utah's throat.

I know the board is new, but do a search for "1984" and see what comes up... Let me save you the time, nothing comes up. Look up how many times Ute homers have brought up their super-sweet bronze, and you'll be amazed. (not really, it's their only crutch)

I honestly can't wait to watch you guys fall, and fall hard. My inner sanctum will tickle and toil. Boo ya.

Even in the Bronco Mendenhall and Kyle Wittingham eras, BYU has a better record than Utah. And isn't this the apex of Utah Football? Your supposed reign on top is shorter than leprechauns.