What's new

What would you do if one of the Jazz sits or kneels for the National Anthem ??

A media day narrative on this is that the Jazz are not interested in being the thought police. That they accept their players taking stands on issues they feel they need to. They want it to be informed stances that are clearly conveyed but accept it none the less.

Good stance IMO.

Lady Hayward vs Lady Favors :confused:

xp2xlsri-large.jpg

zivjaucf-large.jpg

Lady Hayward vs Lady Favors :confused:

xp2xlsri-large.jpg

zivjaucf-large.jpg

Dear Robyn

What you and others need to realize is that this country was founded on the actions of men and women who fought and died because they wanted to be free, and not held back by an oppressive government. They wanted to worship how they please and express themselves without the fear of being persecuted and murdered for their beliefs.

Kaep is able to do what he does because men and women fought and died for his freedom to nonviolently protest what he perceives as an injustice in this country. The flag affords him that very right.

That picture exemplifies everything that is wrong with this country. It's sad that this country is in uproar over a simple nonviolent protest that doesn't inconvenience anyone in any way, and yet there are unarmed African Americans being killed senselessly by cops and others being oppressed, and we are crying over a man choosing not to stand for the anthem to bring awareness and a a voice to a people that don't have a voice or a platform, and to say that he should leave the country because he doesn't stand is hypocritical. If anything he exemplifies what it is to be an American, as he fights what he feels is wrong, so he kneels to remind us what's right, and so that one day all men, not just some can enjoy all the freedoms this country has to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've been thinking about this. And I've come to this opinion.

I hope that the Jazz do something on this. Not one player but the whole team.

I hope the Jazz and Trailblazers gather at center court, after the anthem, and do one of two things.

1. A non denominational group prayer

Or

2. A moment of silence

Do it against the division and hate in America. On all sides.

Protest against the senseless death, hate and violence. I'm a way that promotes unity and love.

Freedom of Speech gives Robyn Hayward the right to voice the opinion that Kaep is a dumbass.

Freedom of Speech gives Robyn Hayward the right to voice the opinion that Kaep is a dumbass.

Sad that some want to cry about Kaep's act of protest of injustice as if Kaep Kneeling is taking food off your table or money in your pocket or taking away your lively hood.

If only you and others were more more enraged by the fact that cops are killing unarmed black men, and robbing families of fathers and sons. Are men and women really dying for our freedom when anyone commits a hate crime or suppress anyone's rights. Maybe you should let go of your hate and find out why Kaep is doing what he's doing.

There are significant changes that need to be made and it's nice to see LBJ and others make speeches, but making speeches alone won't do anything to make or affect change till we change the way we think. Kaep's protest has changed the way I think. It's time to stop being fine with the status quo and realize that minorities don't have The same rights the rest of us have.

In my eyes every time an unarmed black man loses his life to a cop, and that cop walks, it's a sign of disrespect to the sacrifices made by men and women of the military.

Maybe u should think about that.

I'll openly disagree with your stance of "every time". absolutes in cases like this are foolish and uninformed.

But let's move on and keep this Jazz oriented. Fair?

I'll openly disagree with your stance of "every time". absolutes in cases like this are foolish and uninformed.

But let's move on and keep this Jazz oriented. Fair?

And it was Jazz related in connection to the message posted above. It's just your way of ignoring what I said

Status quo it is then

And it was Jazz related in connection to the message posted above. It's just your way of ignoring what I said

Or at least that's how u sound to me.

You're not really listening. I never once said don't talk about it. I said let's keep it Jazz related in here. There are things called PMs and the general forum.

I reject outright your absolute stance and the implied accusations you fling around so carelessly. All you do is make it so that conversation doesn't happen. Like right here and now. I see no point in engaging with you further as you have nothing to provide that I feel would be worth reading.

Good day.

You're not really listening. I never once said don't talk about it. I said let's keep it Jazz related in here. There are things called PMs and the general forum.

I reject outright your absolute stance and the implied accusations you fling around so carelessly. All you do is make it so that conversation doesn't happen. Like right here and now. I see no point in engaging with you further as you have nothing to provide that I feel would be worth reading.

Good day.

U give your opinion I give mine. How is that not furthering the discussion? All I've ever done is explain why Kaep's protest isn't disrespectful and what we need to see and here, and why the military argument is off base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blazers and Jazz both did what I wanted to see. Just not together.

Blazers and Jazz both did what I wanted to see. Just not together.

I didn't get to see the game. What did they do? I was wondering.

I didn't get to see the game. What did they do? I was wondering.

Blazers linked arms in a circle. Jazz link arms in a line. They stayed separate.

I wanted to see something like that but with both teams combined.

Either way I'm happy.

I heard that the NFL has reached out to the media markets that carry their games and told them not to show anyone who is sitting or kneeling - they don't feel like they should be allowed espouse their beliefs on the NFL's platform so to speak.

Obviously the NBA is a different animal with most teams broadcasting the bulk of their game through local markets; but Silver's a smart dude, I imagine he'll try something similar.

I heard that the NFL has reached out to the media markets that carry their games and told them not to show anyone who is sitting or kneeling - they don't feel like they should be allowed espouse their beliefs on the NFL's platform so to speak.

Obviously the NBA is a different animal with most teams broadcasting the bulk of their game through local markets; but Silver's a smart dude, I imagine he'll try something similar.

The NBA has a rule about having to stand for the anthem. But from what I understand they have openly supported/allowed after anthem demonstrations. Jazz, Blazers, Bucks, Raptors, Warriors...have all done something already.

Silver is already in discussions with the NBAPA to work on rules and compromises for this. Silver has seemed to be very proactive so far.