What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

The Innocents. Really solid psychological thriller/horror flick with Deborah Kerr from 1961.

The Irishman was pretty good. Didn't seem like 3 hours long. It is funny during the de aged scenes to see a 40 year old looking guy still moving around like a 75 year old with arthritis. Kind of trippy. Good movie though.

Once upon a time in hollywood ending is fantastic, glad I was able to stay away from spoilers. The build up to it and than the payoff is just perfect. Also Pitt going to the Manson compound is a great scene. Those two scenes pushed it over the top.

Saw Knives Out finally. Worth the hype. Really good. Keeps you guessing the entire time. The big reveal was solid. Great actors all over the place. Recommended.

Also randomly watch The Talented Mr. Ripley. Also an awesome movie. Damon and Law are great. Good thriller. Good acting. RIP Phillip Seymor Hoffman both in the movie and in life.

Once upon a time in hollywood ending is fantastic, glad I was able to stay away from spoilers. The build up to it and than the payoff is just perfect. Also Pitt going to the Manson compound is a great scene. Those two scenes pushed it over the top.
Also, the bit where Rick is filming the TV show. Just fantastic.

Parasite. Masterpiece. Wouldn't have guessed it was the director that made Snowpiercer(okay movie) and Memories of Murder(Great movie). This is on another level.

Last edited:
Watched Spider-Man: Away from Home. I am constantly disappointed by Marvel. It's a good flick for sure but if it delved into misinformation rather than another soggy I just want to be normal/get a love life storyline it could be great.

Also watched Alita the Battle Angel. Perfect action, nice atmosphere, doesn't force exposition or world-building, well-paced. Ended on a cliffhanger and no sequel in horizon which is sad.

I saw "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" over the weekend. I never watched Mr Rogers and knew very little about the show other than his sweater and the song. Tom Hanks was great and I liked the movie, except...

I get tired of the storyline of the horrible father who abuses or abandons his child (BTW, not Mr Rogers' storyline but someone he is helping). Later the father wants to reconnect with the grown child, and that child is the bad guy for not forgiving his father and welcoming him with open arms. The child is the one who needs to be fixed in these stories, and then it all ends happily ever after. Where's the story of the child who gets to stay away from the father because they dont need toxic people in their lives? Yeah, this might be a bit personal.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Supertrooper.jpg

SUPER-TROOPERS-2-movie.jpg

Super Troopers afternoon, awesome....

Watched Spider-Man: Away from Home. I am constantly disappointed by Marvel. It's a good flick for sure but if it delved into misinformation rather than another soggy I just want to be normal/get a love life storyline it could be great.

Also watched Alita the Battle Angel. Perfect action, nice atmosphere, doesn't force exposition or world-building, well-paced. Ended on a cliffhanger and no sequel in horizon which is sad.
I really agree with this about Spiderman. I thought visually it was great but was pretty disappointed with the overall movie. I would rate it average at best.

Unknown-1-1.jpeg

Finally watched this, was great. Having to sit on my arse at home with pneumonia has some advantages I suppose.

1917. Spoilers ahead.

Solid but nothing special tbh. I liked the first 30 minutes or so quite a bit. The “continuous shot“ felt original. Rope is the only other movie I’ve seen with so many long takes. The two leads are relative no names which I liked. There was a sense of realism in that. But after a while the novelty wore off. There’s really not much story there and there’s virtually no feel to it. There’s a major issue with time imo as well and for those reasons as solid as it was, I couldn’t give it higher than a 7/10.

I saw "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" over the weekend. I never watched Mr Rogers and knew very little about the show other than his sweater and the song. Tom Hanks was great and I liked the movie, except...

I get tired of the storyline of the horrible father who abuses or abandons his child (BTW, not Mr Rogers' storyline but someone he is helping). Later the father wants to reconnect with the grown child, and that child is the bad guy for not forgiving his father and welcoming him with open arms. The child is the one who needs to be fixed in these stories, and then it all ends happily ever after. Where's the story of the child who gets to stay away from the father because they dont need toxic people in their lives? Yeah, this might be a bit personal.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app
I’m with ya here... not dad but step dad... why am I the bad guy for ignoring him now... why do I have to reach out and be cool when he was an asshat to me all the time... **** Mr. Rogers man!

Ford v Ferrari was pretty good. A bit overhyped as Ive heard people say it should be considered for a few oscars but it was a fun movie, Bale and Damon were good as always. Cars were very cool. the 2.5 hour run time didnt seem too long at all. Good movie.

Sidenote it was really funny watching Batman fight Jason Bourne as fat middle aged dads in a slap fight.