What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

I finally watched Dark Knight Rises last night and it was pure and utter garbage.

In fact, when I first heard Bane speak, I thought the (pirated) version I got was corrupted, and I went ahead and downloaded a BD rip. But nope. That's just how he talks.

And the dialogue, holy Jesus, that dialogue! Bane is chocking some guy, and the guy goes "you're... you're evil". At which point Bane responds in his comical accent "necessary evil!". Oh really guy? Is "you're evil" a realistic line in this situation? Because it sounds like it was written for the one liner that followed. But that's not as bad as the supposedly dramatic scene where Alfred and Wayne part ways. The scene is edited into the film randomly, sandwiched in between two unrelated scenes. Alfred abruptly mentions something about how Batman should move on because his long-dead girlfriend moved on in a letter he burned. 10 seconds of funny face acting follows, and then he leaves. I actually spaced out before realizing the scene was important and I had to rewind.

Also, Bane supposedly has an ideology or a philosophy or something, evidenced by the fact everyone keeps talking about what a believer he is. So, what is that philosophy exactly? With the Joker, he thought that morality can only exist in a cocoon of imposed order, and he wanted to spread chaos to bring out what he saw as people's true nature. A bit cliched, but it's something. So what's Bane's philosophy? He wants, um... I don't know? Kill people? Follow the orders of some girl he likes? Not the best justification for his followers zealotry and complete acceptance.

Not to forget the ****ty technology. A hand-held EMP device that seems to work via magic. A clunky single-propeller bat-plane that can somehow dodge hellfire missiles. And they call the nuclear bomb a "neutron bomb", like some kind of campy mid 80s b-movie.

So I did have a few laughs here and there, but a pretty painful 3 hours once its all said and done.

Sinister

Started off well. Good music for the 8mm video scenes. Was enjoying it until the kids started appearing around his house.
It's always more scary when you don't see what's going bump in the night.

title%20the%20godfather%20part%202.jpg

Which Godfather does everyone prefer?

The first, unless I'm watching the second. Both are fantastic.

I finally watched Dark Knight Rises last night and it was pure and utter garbage.

In fact, when I first heard Bane speak, I thought the (pirated) version I got was corrupted, and I went ahead and downloaded a BD rip. But nope. That's just how he talks.

And the dialogue, holy Jesus, that dialogue! Bane is chocking some guy, and the guy goes "you're... you're evil". At which point Bane responds in his comical accent "necessary evil!". Oh really guy? Is "you're evil" a realistic line in this situation? Because it sounds like it was written for the one liner that followed. But that's not as bad as the supposedly dramatic scene where Alfred and Wayne part ways. The scene is edited into the film randomly, sandwiched in between two unrelated scenes. Alfred abruptly mentions something about how Batman should move on because his long-dead girlfriend moved on in a letter he burned. 10 seconds of funny face acting follows, and then he leaves. I actually spaced out before realizing the scene was important and I had to rewind.

Also, Bane supposedly has an ideology or a philosophy or something, evidenced by the fact everyone keeps talking about what a believer he is. So, what is that philosophy exactly? With the Joker, he thought that morality can only exist in a cocoon of imposed order, and he wanted to spread chaos to bring out what he saw as people's true nature. A bit cliched, but it's something. So what's Bane's philosophy? He wants, um... I don't know? Kill people? Follow the orders of some girl he likes? Not the best justification for his followers zealotry and complete acceptance.

Not to forget the ****ty technology. A hand-held EMP device that seems to work via magic. A clunky single-propeller bat-plane that can somehow dodge hellfire missiles. And they call the nuclear bomb a "neutron bomb", like some kind of campy mid 80s b-movie.

So I did have a few laughs here and there, but a pretty painful 3 hours once its all said and done.

I agree with most of this. It's Nolan's worst movie, IMO.

Sinister

Started off well. Good music for the 8mm video scenes. Was enjoying it until the kids started appearing around his house.
It's always more scary when you don't see what's going bump in the night.

Yep. It's decent Halloween fun, not much more. The horror genre rarely lives up to its potential, and, at least in film, is often half serious and half a parody of itself.

The first, unless I'm watching the second. Both are fantastic.

Lol, fair enough.

I still haven't seen Looper or Taken 2 and that makes me sad.

Looper is alright. It was an interesting premise, but the the route they took in the second half felt very much like a first draft to me; I'd say it feels like a non-sequitur.

Haven't seen Taken 2, but I wasn't a big fan of the first. It got pretty terrible reviews. From what I understand, only the biggest fans of the first enjoyed the second. If that's you, then go for it.

I did enjoy the first one, so ill have to check it out when it hits the dollar theaters. Looper as well. Being poor is fun.

I watched Spider-Man today...for the third time. Guys, I think I'm in love with Andrew Garfield. :eek:

Silver Linings Playbook...not sure how I feel...Very good performance by Cooper and Lawrence too I suppose. Emotionally involving. Stimulating. Sort of rang too close to home in some ways for me. Maybe it shouldn't have, I don't know. I just couldn't stop thinking about **** after the movie. I recommend it though.

The Amazing Spider Man

My Review-

It was pretty meh.... I'm glad Spidey's webbing didn't come out of his hand, and Dennis Leary did a good job. However, I still have a hard time watching mid-to-late twenty year olds act like they are still in high school.

Lincoln

Definitely went into this movie with certain expectations and was blown away (in a good way) that the movie went in a different direction. Absolutely incredible movie. Very inspiring and the acting was top notch. Haven't seen a movie this good in years.

Lincoln

Definitely went into this movie with certain expectations and was blown away (in a good way) that the movie went in a different direction. Absolutely incredible movie. Very inspiring and the acting was top notch. Haven't seen a movie this good in years.

Agreed.

Last movie I saw was Total Recall. Not bad. I went into it with very low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. That and any movie that has Biel and Beckinsale fighting has to have some merit. Damn Beckinsale is HOT!!

Lincoln

We watched the Lincoln movie this weekend and I thought it was awful. One of the biggest pieces of **** I've ever seen. A vampire hunter? Really?

I know its old but I watched Bad Teacher last night. Cameron Diaz disgusts me, but I still found myself laughing quite a bit.

It was cold outside so I watched a few movies this weekend

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - My wife really liked it, I thought it was just ok. Worth a few hours of your time if you are bored.

Safety Not Guaranteed - I loved this movie, I pretty much love anything the Duplass brothers are involved in though. One of the best movies I've seen in awhile

The Guard - If you can get over the thick thick Irish accent this is a hilarious movie. Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle are really good in it. I thought it was hilarious.

Fantastic Mr. Fox - Started watching this with my 3 year old, she lost interest quickly, I didn't. It was smart, funny, entertaining ... not really a kids movie other than it is sort of animated, but it was really entertaining I would recommend it to anyone.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - My wife really liked it, I thought it was just ok. Worth a few hours of your time if you are bored.

Safety Not Guaranteed - I loved this movie, I pretty much love anything the Duplass brothers are involved in though. One of the best movies I've seen in awhile
The Guard - If you can get over the thick thick Irish accent this is a hilarious movie. Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle are really good in it. I thought it was hilarious.

Fantastic Mr. Fox - Started watching this with my 3 year old, she lost interest quickly, I didn't. It was smart, funny, entertaining ... not really a kids movie other than it is sort of animated, but it was really entertaining I would recommend it to anyone.

Great movie.

Forgot about this movie. Thanks for reminding me to see it.

Saw The Hobbit last night, I'm not a huge LOFTR fan, but I enjoyed the movie. 3 hours is a lot long for me, but I was able to sit still and be fairly entertained the whole time. I did go to a theater that has the 48 fps so visually it was stunning, and the storyline was good enough to not ruin my night.