What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

We watched the Lincoln movie this weekend and I thought it was awful. One of the biggest pieces of **** I've ever seen. A vampire hunter? Really?

Not sure if serious......

I dont think he was talking about the vampire hunter lincoln movie...... there are 2 lincoln movies to come out recently and i think he was talking about the other one.

Saw The Hobbit last night, I'm not a huge LOFTR fan, but I enjoyed the movie. 3 hours is a lot long for me, but I was able to sit still and be fairly entertained the whole time. I did go to a theater that has the 48 fps so visually it was stunning, and the storyline was good enough to not ruin my night.
i wanna see this bro. is it as good as any of the 3 lotrs?
its weird that thet smushed 3 huge lotr books into 3 movies, but are spreading the lil hobbit book over 3 movies just by itself.
i woulda done 3 movies per book. they left tons out, even in the extended versions.

Went to a special screening of This is 40 last night. I cannot recommend that someone go see it but I can say it was pretty damn funny! I teared up several times I was laughing so hard.

Went to a special screening of This is 40 last night. I cannot recommend that someone go see it but I can say it was pretty damn funny! I teared up several times I was laughing so hard.

They lost me when they said it was a sort of sequel to "Knocked Up". That was one of the biggest pieces of **** I've sat through in the past 10 years.

They lost me when they said it was a sort of sequel to "Knocked Up". That was one of the biggest pieces of **** I've sat through in the past 10 years.

Really? I have never met anyone that hated knocked up. I quite enjoyed it and am looking forward to this is 40. As a semi newly married man, some of the scenes I've seen have really hit home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Onuy5USTc

Saw this the other night, I really enjoyed it. It took about 30 min to get going but once it did it was quite intense. Sort of a he said she said thriller. Its Iranian so there are subtitles, so you uncultured illiterate asshats had better skip it.

JACK-REACHER.jpg

Wasn't expecting much. Fairly low reviews though Peter Travers who I usually trust gave it 3/4. I was very pleasantly surprised. Probably his best movie since Collateral. It's ashame he doesn't work with great directors like he did through his killer run of mid 80's to 2000-2005 or so. A bit too cutesy in this here or there but overall, very solid.

MV5BMjI0MDQyMTU1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc5Njg3Nw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Uh, wow. Good movie. Maybe even very good. MM crushes it and probably could be considered for an Academy nod though he won't get it. GG was great too. But man oh man, Friedkin may have even outdone himself with some of the violence. The last two or three minutes of the movie makes one want to cry, hug their mother and take a shower. Not at the same time of course.

JACK-REACHER.jpg

Wasn't expecting much. Fairly low reviews though Peter Travers who I usually trust gave it 3/4. I was very pleasantly surprised. Probably his best movie since Collateral. It's ashame he doesn't work with great directors like he did through his killer run of mid 80's to 2000-2005 or so. A bit too cutesy in this here or there but overall, very solid.

MV5BMjI0MDQyMTU1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc5Njg3Nw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

Uh, wow. Good movie. Maybe even very good. MM crushes it and probably could be considered for an Academy nod though he won't get it. GG was great too. But man oh man, Friedkin may have even outdone himself with some of the violence. The last two or three minutes of the movie makes one want to cry, hug their mother and take a shower. Not at the same time of course.

The 2nd pic didn't show up for me.... what was the 2nd movie you are talking about?

This is 40 - There are parts where I was almost crying from laughing so hard, but as a whole it was just kind of discombobulated. Like a bunch of hilarious scenes fused together with some awkward drama. If you liked Funny People (which I did) you will like This is 40. There are some parts where I felt like I was watching my life on a bigscreen. The love/hate relationship with Rudd and Mann was pretty god damn realistic.

hobbit. it was a good movie that followed the book so if you step back from it because you don't wanna spoil the spirit of the tale, I can say it's safe to see it.

but it could be non 3D.

les-miserables-movie-cosette-poster.jpg

Saw Les Mis last night. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. I saw it at Capitol Theater about 10 or 11 years ago and enjoyed it then, but it was easier to follow the story in the movie theater. It didn't feel like I sat there for 3 hours.

I also saw the Hobbit. I felt it moved a bit slow at times, and the mood of the movie seemed a bit off. There is definitely a different feel for the movie when they are using the novel, "The Hobbit," as the source and when they are using the appendices. I'll watch the rest of the trilogy, but I'm pretty sure this movie could have been condensed.

220px-Django_Unchained_Poster.jpg

Loved the first 2 hours and 10 or so...could have done without the last 25...dragged a bit too much.

I felt the same way. Not sure where I would rank it with his other movies.

EDIT: this may have been the only sold out R movie in Utah I've been to.