What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

The Northman is awesome, go see it, support a great director.
I have seen the trailer, it looks great. Cast is phenomenal though seeing Björk there soured me a little bit, I don't know why lol. I realized the director is Robert Eggers when you brought it up, it's pretty much a must watch now.

Went to see Thor Love and Thunder. Wow was that underwhelming. They took what made the Thor movies fun and made it a parody of itself. They spent nearly no time building up any kind of character arcs and played every character more like a caricature. The thing I liked about the Thor movies was that Hemsworth is excellent at playing the edge of funny and earnest which gives them lots of heart while having enough humor in the right places to balance it all out and be really entertaining. But it's like Waititi decided "hey everybody loved that we had more humor in the last Thor movie, let's make everything in this one a joke! If a little humor is great, then nothing but jokes will be spectacular!" And so everything was a joke. And most of them were so forced and out of place they tended more towards cringe than actual humor. Disappointing. But they've definitely jumped the shark and are now firmly in "milk the cash cow" territory. Too bad.

Went to see Nope tonight. Holy crap I loved it! Jordan Peele has put out some good movies and this was no exception. One of the best jump scares I've ever seen in a movie because it was "earned" for lack of a better way to put it. Don't want to give away spoilers but man was it fun. You know a scary movie is done right when you leave the theater raving about how much fun it was. Go see it. You won't be disappointed.

To be clear it really isn't meant to be a scary movie per se. But coming from Peele you have to expect it. It was great. Definitely not an Oscar winner, just good tense scary and fun. Yeah some stuff definitely falls apart if you think about it for too long, but that's what shows you it was good because nothing like that takes you out of the movie.

Went to see Nope tonight. Holy crap I loved it! Jordan Peele has put out some good movies and this was no exception. One of the best jump scares I've ever seen in a movie because it was "earned" for lack of a better way to put it. Don't want to give away spoilers but man was it fun. You know a scary movie is done right when you leave the theater raving about how much fun it was. Go see it. You won't be disappointed.

To be clear it really isn't meant to be a scary movie per se. But coming from Peele you have to expect it. It was great. Definitely not an Oscar winner, just good tense scary and fun. Yeah some stuff definitely falls apart if you think about it for too long, but that's what shows you it was good because nothing like that takes you out of the movie.

Okay for my almost 8 year old? I see it’s Rated R. For what?

Okay for my almost 8 year old? I see it’s Rated R. For what?
It's going to be pretty intense for an 8 year old. It has some violence, although not directly shown really, but it's still fairly graphic. It's got a lot of language obviously. No sex at all. It'll be pretty scary for an 8 year old. Nothing like, life-altering, like ultraviolence or anything. Heavy suspense mostly.

Idk your 8 year old might be able to handle it. I'll put it this way, if my kids had seen it when they were 8 they would have slept in my room for the next week, but it wouldn't have like scarred them or anything.

I'd still recommend you see it first to gauge it. If you've seen the conjuring this is a lot like the scares in the conjuring although really nothing like it at all in terms of plot. If you kid could handle the conjuring then would probably be fine in this one.

I've heard some mixed feelings on NOPE. The ending being one of the sour notes. On a movie like that you really have to stick the landing. I will probably wait to stream it because of that.

Was it better than Us?

I finally saw RRR yesterday n NetFlix. It was like watching the Hollywood of 40 years ago with modern production values. There some scenes so over-the-top I laughed, but the movie was obviously produced by people who enjoyed making it, and I had fun.

I thought Nope was really good. I would consider it a horror movie too. It's not going to be the scariest **** you've ever seen, but it's suspenseful and you don't really know what happens until it happens.

IDK why people didnt like the ending.

I thought Nope was really good. I would consider it a horror movie too. It's not going to be the scariest **** you've ever seen, but it's suspenseful and you don't really know what happens until it happens.

IDK why people didnt like the ending.
I really liked the ending. I think they left the door wide open for a sequel too. I want to know so much more about what happened.

I love the titles to Peele’s movies though not Us so much…they’re what black people would say or yell in a theater when watching the filmed events unfold. “Nope!” And “Get out!” The latter’s inspiration was actually none other than Eddie Murphy’s Delirious where he did a bit on horror movies.

Last edited:
I love the titles to Peele’s movies though not Us so much…they’re what black people would say or yell in a theater when watching the filmed the events unfold. “Nope!” And “Get out!” The latter’s inspiration was actually none other than Eddie Murphy’s Delirious where he did a bit on horror movies.
Yeah and nope fits really well. We were saying it all the time during the movie.

I signed up for a paramount plus free trial so I could watch the new beavis and butthead movie and yeah it fully delivers, I laughed a lot. Mike Judge is a treasure we protect at all costs. He has managed to keep the same humor after all these years and it somehow still works.

I signed up for a paramount plus free trial so I could watch the new beavis and butthead movie and yeah it fully delivers, I laughed a lot. Mike Judge is a treasure we protect at all costs. He has managed to keep the same humor after all these years and it somehow still works.

I had no idea such a film was coming out. This will be on my must watch list.

I am going to make my wife sit through it. Watching her reaction will be at least 2X as funny as the movie. Might need to release a bunch of tiktoks with her reactions. LOL

I also love watching the guy in interviews. He is so understated and quiet, yet when he gets into voicing or something his entire demeanor changes. He is like a really subdued version of Hank Hill. Really like the guy.

I could be wrong but I think Judge does a show called Tales From The Tour Bus. There are 2 season and both are fantastic. You have to watch them. I give both season an A plus.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited: