What's new

What's The Last Movie You’ve Seen?

MV5BMTU0MzkzNzg0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzUwNzQ2Mg@@._V1._SX94_SY140_.jpg

I enjoyed this chick flick as I had read the book. And I'm a sucker for an Eric Bana movie.

jennifers_body_ver2.jpg

Megan Fox, while overrated, is a fine looking woman. That is about all I can say about the movie however...save some time and simply google Megan Fox.

I just got Netflix recently, so I've been going through some of the movies I've missed. So far, I've seen "The Hurt Locker", "Up in the Air", "Tropic Thunder", "Tyson", and "The Godfather". I've already got "The Godfather" parts 2 and 3 in the queue along with "Crash" and "Office Space" (I've heard that one is hysterical). Any under the radar flicks I should check out?

The most recent movie I saw in theaters was "The Ghost Writer". Not a big box office hit probably because Polanski directed it, but still very good nonetheless.

The Host, for the second time.

for you korean movie lovers (or movie lovers in general), I recommend "Thirst" it's on the instant queue, a priest becomes a vampire, and craziness ensues.

Anyway, just finished watching "The Road". Great book. ****** movie. Too bad.

I didn't read the book, but thought the movie had an interesting concept. Also, good god was it brutal. 2 hours of nothing but depressing ****. I had to watch 5 Gene Kelly movies and eat 3 cartons of Ben and Jerry's just to get my mood back to an even keel.

I was ok with the new Robin Hood until the WTF moment in the final battle...and this last weekend I watched American Gangster

Idiocracy is a very underrated flick.

This the idea, Honz?:

“IDIOT, n: A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling.” (Ambrose Bierce)
===
"When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." (Johnathon Swift)

Somehow my 2 year old got obsessed with Alice In Wonderland, and we just HAD to go see the new one.

Johnny-Depp-as-the-Mad-Hatter-Tim-Burton-Alice-in-Wonderland.jpg

Not since, "Dawn Of The Dead" have I wanted to get up and leave a movie so bad. What an absolute travesty of a film. I wanted to cut my face off and ram two smoldering dicks into my ears. Just horrible.

The Host, for the second time.

for you korean movie lovers (or movie lovers in general), I recommend "Thirst" it's on the instant queue, a priest becomes a vampire, and craziness ensues.
Seconded with a passion!

I was a big fan of Chan-wook Park's OldBoy, so of course I had to pick up his new movie Thirst. Other than being a bit awkwardly paced at times (the whole thing is a bit long), it's just as strong as OldBoy... the ending just slays me.

Only vampire movie I've seen that I actually really liked. Not exactly a traditional vampire flick, either.

It's too uneven. Although I'll admit that I'd probably watch "Ow! my balls!" on a regular basis.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that, but I found the movie highly enjoyable and in the end it was a somewhat smart satire of society and people. 8/10.