What's new

Where Do You Live? Inside Utah or Outside? (poll)

Where do you live?

• In Utah

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • In near proximity to Utah (broadcast area)

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Outside Utah but in the USA

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • Outside the USA

Votes: 29 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good question. I worked at the Maceys grocery store in Spanish Fork for a while when I was in high school, and the wind just seemed to blow constantly.
It’s cuz payson sucks and springville blows.

Good question. I worked at the Maceys grocery store in Spanish Fork for a while when I was in high school, and the wind just seemed to blow constantly.
When was HS… bunch of my buddies worked there. Maceys was dope.

Live in socal. Have been all over the West though, Portland, Reno, Utah, Phoenix, etc. Lived in Leipzig Germany for a year in 2015. Going on 6 years in socal.

Reactions: UB
I graduated in 08...I worked there my sophomore year and part of my junior year, so it must have been 06 and 07.
Bout 5 years after the folks I would have known.

All Edinburgh jokes aside, I lived in Canada until age 14 then moved to Utah. Graduated from Bonneville high and Weber State. 3 years in US Army, much of the time in Panama. Eventually became a University Professor in Texas for 16 years. Much field research in Guerrero, Mexico. Now retired, leaving Utah in a few weeks to live in Puerto Rico. My wife is from Puerto Rico and had a successful career as an actress in Puerto Rico so we have many friends in their local artistic community.
Go Lakers (the Bonneville High kind) - my alma mater as well.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

Go Lakers (the Bonneville High kind) - my alma mater as well.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app
Bonneville was great. For the last 18 months I’ve been in Utah hanging out with my old high school and college buddies. The line from an old Moody Blues song: “Won’t you take me back to school, I need to learn the golden rule” contributes to the nostalgia.

Love these threads.

Born in Holy Cross Hospital in SLC ‍ , grew up in Sandy (Brighton High School ), moved to Brooklyn for grad school ‍, lived in NYC for 11 years, Puerto Rico for one year (wepaaaa ), now I’m dadding it up in northern New Jersey .

I AM the party

Born in SLC, then moved to Kemmerer Wyoming as a kid. Then at 7 we moved to Evanston Wyoming and I basically grew up and graduated here. Moved back and fourth from Evanston to SLC throughout my late teens through my early 30's but now fully and happily reside in Evanston.

Most of my parents family lived in SLC so I spent a lot of time there in my youth with my grandpa taking me to Utes basketball games and Jazz games. SLC is my home away from home but as I got older, small town living is where it's at. SLC is only 84 miles away

The UK is 94k square miles. England is around 50k.

I don’t attend parties.

The internet is the worst. I looked it up last night because I was curious and it literally said what I wrote—England, not the UK. So I just looked again now and sure enough, England is about 0.56x the size of Utah.

Born at the U of U hospital in SLC but my parents were living in St. George at the time. Parents moved to SLC within the year and we lived in what I guess they call the Poplar Grove neighborhood on the west side of SLC (as kids I don't remember anyone calling the area Poplar Grove, we just called it the West Side).

I was in the Navy from 2000-'06 and didn't watch much Jazz bball during that time. I lived in San Diego the majority of the time I was in the Navy.

Moved back to a house in West Jordan and that's where I'm at today.

Born in Utah, specifically Sandy/Cottonwood Heights. Went to Brighton High School and then the U of U. Attended law school in Massachusetts. Moved back to Sandy and here ever since.

Turkey. My elder brother was a huge Jordan fan so I asked him who they were playing against so I could pick them to spite him, didn't work out. Then I watched for Memo and loved him and AK47 and I became a Jazz fan.
I can't tell you how much sense this makes. All my Persian buddies say hello.