What's new

Where Do You Live? Inside Utah or Outside? (poll)

Where do you live?

• In Utah

Votes: 35 28.5%
  • In near proximity to Utah (broadcast area)

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Outside Utah but in the USA

Votes: 54 43.9%
  • Outside the USA

Votes: 29 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm from Brazil and been living in Dallas for the past couple of years.
Jazz fan thanks to AK, Deron, Memo and Boozer, man it feels like a century ago.
Been to St. George, Zion national park, Bryce Canyon national park. I was planning to go to SLC this year, but it will have to wait.

Thailand for me after 12 years in Indonesia and 6 years in France, my country origin. Never been to SLC, only 2 trip to Memphis few years ago to watch Grizz games. Plan a trip in 2024 if we stop tanking ;)
Nice where in Thailand are you?

Some say I'm from the the 7 stars that shine down from the planet mars at 330 in the morning, but I'm from the Planet Claire where everyone has pink hair and all the trees are red.
67 Plymouth Satellite with a side car on the shovel and the open road baby

From southern California, grew up mostly in Utah, moved to Memphis last year but in October moved to Gulf Shores Alabama.

From Lima, Peru but currently living in Mexico City. I've lived in several countries/continents and the Jazz were always there...except this season when I watched probably 8 or 10 games in total. At least now I can get excited for the trade deadline, the draft process and assess some of the young players.

I've been to SLC once in 2007 where I had the opportunity to meet the whole team, thanks to a sentimental letter to Linda Luchetti, Head of PR for the Jazz at the time.

Last edited:
All Edinburgh jokes aside, I lived in Canada until age 14 then moved to Utah. Graduated from Bonneville high and Weber State. 3 years in US Army, much of the time in Panama. Eventually became a University Professor in Texas for 16 years. Much field research in Guerrero, Mexico. Now retired, leaving Utah in a few weeks to live in Puerto Rico. My wife is from Puerto Rico and had a successful career as an actress in Puerto Rico so we have many friends in their local artistic community.

All Edinburgh jokes aside, I lived in Canada until age 14 then moved to Utah. Graduated from Bonneville high and Weber State. 3 years in US Army, much of the time in Panama. Eventually became a University Professor in Texas for 16 years. Much field research in Guerrero, Mexico. Now retired, leaving Utah in a few weeks to live in Puerto Rico. My wife is from Puerto Rico and had a successful career as an actress in Puerto Rico so we have many friends in their local artistic community.
Wishing you success in your move to Puerto Rico. Sounds like a good plan and a great place to spend your retirement (definitely warmer than Canada)

Born and raised in Illinois. Had family out in Utah and became a Jazz/BYU fan as a teen. Moved out to Utah after graduating high school in ‘96 and have been here ever since (minus a short two year stop in NYC).

Have lived in Lehi, AF, PG, Provo, Orem, Logan and Cedar City. We finally bought the home my wife grew up in, and live in Pleasant Grove now.

Was more of a draft/team-building fan early on, but have gotten more into the on-court game since I started coaching girls basketball 5 years ago.

Live in Cedar City but I think most people assume Utah ends at Nephi and we're more northern Arizona than Utah.
Speaking as a northerner, I don’t know that anyone believes this, especially as you can’t really (easily?) even access Arizona from the area, except Littlefield, and I don’t even think Littlefield can access anywhere else in Arizona without leaving Arizona.

I actually thought about this recently and considered how interesting it is, for instance, that England is smaller than Utah. If I were to hear a national news story coming out of St. George, I’d consider that as kinda like an extension of my home, whereas England is an entire country and I wouldn’t imagine people in different parts of England would have that same feeling. I would imagine a lot of northerners would likely feel the same way I do.

Turkey. My elder brother was a huge Jordan fan so I asked him who they were playing against so I could pick them to spite him, didn't work out. Then I watched for Memo and loved him and AK47 and I became a Jazz fan.

Turkey. My elder brother was a huge Jordan fan so I asked him who they were playing against so I could pick them to spite him, didn't work out. Then I watched for Memo and loved him and AK47 and I became a Jazz fan.
Odd question, but in English the name is the same for the country and the bird, is this the same in Turkish or are they different words?

Odd question, but in English the name is the same for the country and the bird, is this the same in Turkish or are they different words?
It's different. The Turkish word for turkey is hindi after Hindistan which is what the Turks call India. I think the French call it after India as well.

Last edited: