What's new

Where does Gobert rank out of the entire NBA ?

Only big I would put above Gobert is Davis.
I'm not sure I'd put Rudy at #5 quite yet. He still needs to have an offensive game out to the FT line.

But yeah, based on how fast he has come on, I agree there are very few players I would trade him for.

And I really need to watch more of Hassan Whiteside. He is putting up even better numbers than Rudy.

Gobert is quickly rising in value in the NBA. Where do rank him? Combine future and right now rankings

My rankings......

1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. Steph Curry
5. Rudy Gobert
6. Russell Westbrook
7. James Harden
8. Everyone else

I know Westbrook and Harden are a lot more talented, and so are a lot of other players, but I think Rudy has a bigger impact. I'd honestly rather build my team around him if given the choice. Westbrook has the talent to be the best player in the NBA, but I'm not sure he'll ever get out of his own way. Harden doesn't bring enough defense.

It's crazy to think about. We actually snagged a top player in the league. Disagree? Tell me why.

I really like Rudy and believe he has a chance to become a franchise player. In 2-3 years we might know if he belongs on this list.

Ranking him top 10 right now is way too early. I get that we want to hype him up, but he still has to prove what he can do against the elite in the playoffs before he deserves a top 10 ranking ahead of the likes of Marc Gasol, Dwight Howard, Lamarcus Aldridge, and Blake Griffin (just too name a few).

Ranking him top 10 right now is way too early. I get that we want to hype him up, but he still has to prove what he can do against the elite in the playoffs before he deserves a top 10 ranking ahead of the likes of Marc Gasol, Dwight Howard, Lamarcus Aldridge, and Blake Griffin (just too name a few).

I love Rudy, but I agree with you cy. Its a little early for this. That said, there are very few players I would trade him for. Maybe Wiggins, Davis, other than that, I like my chances with Rudy.

I love Rudy, but I agree with you cy. Its a little early for this. That said, there are very few players I would trade him for. Maybe Wiggins, Davis, other than that, I like my chances with Rudy.

Yeah, in terms of trading it's a different story because you are projecting the future. In terms of right now I would pick a lot of players over him just for the sake of winning now.

Yeah, in terms of trading it's a different story because you are projecting the future. In terms of right now I would pick a lot of players over him just for the sake of winning now.
Exactly. The hard thing for me to project is his offensive game. If he doesn't have major injuries, he will be an all time great defender, and at the very least a good rebounder. If he develops even the offensive game, he will be one if the greatest of all time. If you asked me before the season if I was possible for Rudy to develop an offensive game, I would take no 100% of the time. Now, I won't put anything past him. The way he has developed is insane.

Top 10 sophomores

1. Rudy Gobert, Jazz
Now the unquestioned starting center in Utah, Gobert is showing signs of being an everyday double-double guy who can dominate the paint on defense. His efforts are a big reason why Utah is playing high-level basketball.

His signature game was his 15-point, 24-rebound performance in a win over the Z-Bo-less Grizzlies in Memphis on Tuesday. He dominated the court without blocking a shot, proving he is more than just a shot-blocker. Although he is still mostly a minus on offense, that will likely change by next season with more experience and added strength. The Jazz have their future front line, and it is impressive.

From David thorpes sophomore rankings on ESPN. Giannis is number two.

Rudy is obviously amazing already in just his second year. I agree with everyone who is saying he could be an all time great defender. As far as how good he is RIGHT NOW, he is not top 10 like some of you are saying. Top 20 I think is fair.

Taking present as well as future into account, I would only trade him for Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis. I would atleast consider Westbrook, Curry, and Harden, though.

Rudy is obviously amazing already in just his second year. I agree with everyone who is saying he could be an all time great defender. As far as how good he is RIGHT NOW, he is not top 10 like some of you are saying. Top 20 I think is fair.

Taking present as well as future into account, I would only trade him for Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis. I would atleast consider Westbrook, Curry, and Harden, though.
LeBron says hello.

But yeah, I get what you're saying. Utah's chance to contend is based on us having a 3&D team. Take away Gobert and our advantage on defense collapses. Rudy is going to have a statue outside the ESA someday. He and Favors will be Jazz lifers. Hayward I'm not so sure about. He could very well decide to opt out and leave. And frankly, if/when we get a true 3&D wing, he's the most replaceable.

Forget the NBA. Let's do a world ranking.

1. Rudy Gobert
2. Chuck Norris
3. Everyone else

I think one name many people leaving off is Klay Thompson. If you factor age and the future into these lists a durable 2 guard who plays defense and shoots the ball accurately would probably be in my top 10.

would easily trade rudy for:

curry, davis, harden, bron bron, kd, westbrook, cp3

so thats puts him about 8th in my mind (potential + today combined)(obv not a top 8 player today, honestly prob not a top 40 player today, due to his lack of offense, but the potential.....)

Pretty sure Wilt wished he had Rudy's gifts.

would easily trade rudy for:

curry, davis, harden, bron bron, kd, westbrook, cp3

so thats puts him about 8th in my mind (potential + today combined)(obv not a top 8 player today, honestly prob not a top 40 player today, due to his lack of offense, but the potential.....)

Really cp3....

I'm sorry but I donot see the love with cp3 that a lot of people have, including locke. The dude is not a winner. He is the main blame for the last three Clippers playoff exits, which includes no western confrence apperances!!!!