What's new

Which Free Agent veteran players will we go for?

I really like Parsons. But doesn't he essentially take away from Hood? Parsons is a 30 min starter. Is he going to give that up to come split time with hood? Or Hayward?

I like Parsons too, and I agree with you. Parsons is young though so he could be a long time starter, and I'd be okay with that. Hood could be the better and more versatile player in the long run though.

Yeah, I guess for all intents and purposes he is one but he's still my little boy finding his way in this world we call the NBA. Sigh.

You probably don't think of JLIII as a vet then? Hadn't he played less career minutes then Burks?

So Boozer to the Jazz then? I posted that as a possibility last week, I think others have also speculated it. Now David Locke jumps on 1280 and says it, and DJJazzyJody is tweeting it.

Jazz would have to do a massive PR blitz to recondition the fan base, or just buy him out.

So Boozer to the Jazz then? I posted that as a possibility last week, I think others have also speculated it. Now David Locke jumps on 1280 and says it, and DJJazzyJody is tweeting it.

Jazz would have to do a massive PR blitz to recondition the fan base, or just buy him out.

If Carmelo wants to sign with Chicago, they'll need to clear some space. They're at $66.5M with 11 players + McDermott. To sign 'Melo to a MAX deal would require them getting rid of Boozer and other salaries. But unless they're getting rid of Taj Gibson, I can't see why they wouldn't just amnesty Boozer. Sure, it saves them the actual cash to trade him, but would they be willing to part with a good asset along with him? I just don't see why they have to do a trade.

If I were Lindsey and the Bulls wanted to dump $16M on my books, the price would be McBuckets...nothing less. And no, I wouldn't send back Hood. I think Hood could be a starter in the league and learn to be a serviceable defender. McDermott is an elite shooter, but he'll never be a quality starter.

If Carmelo wants to sign with Chicago, they'll need to clear some space. They're at $66.5M with 11 players + McDermott. To sign 'Melo to a MAX deal would require them getting rid of Boozer and other salaries. But unless they're getting rid of Taj Gibson, I can't see why they wouldn't just amnesty Boozer. Sure, it saves them the actual cash to trade him, but would they be willing to part with a good asset along with him? I just don't see why they have to do a trade.

If I were Lindsey and the Bulls wanted to dump $16M on my books, the price would be McBuckets...nothing less.

Only good asset I can see them parting with is Mirotic. I'd love to take on Booz for a year to get Mirotic. Hello stretch 4.

We could amnesty Boozer, then. Sure would be a tragedy to see him take minutes away from Favors/Kanter/Gobert.

Have the Bulls had the McBucketts introduction presser yet?

If they trade his rights before he signs with them it can be done anytime. If McBucketts signed his contract he can't be traded until December, I think.

Only good asset I can see them parting with is Mirotic. I'd love to take on Booz for a year to get Mirotic. Hello stretch 4.

We could amnesty Boozer, then. Sure would be a tragedy to see him take minutes away from Favors/Kanter/Gobert.

I was about to say the same thing. Get the rights to Mirotic. He is apparently fed up with Real Madrid and wants to come over now. He is not subject to rookie scale anymore though. We would probably have to give him around mid level money.

I don't think we can amnesty Boozer Big Mike. Am I right?

Even better: we could "Roger Bell" his *** by telling him to just not come to games or practices.
And if we really want to screw with him, send a pizza delivery guy to his door. I hear he has a habit of leaving his gym bag in inconvenient places.

I don't think we can amnesty Boozer Big Mike. Am I right?
Nope
Can only amnesty players who were under contract with our team when the latest collective bargaining agreement was reached

Nope
Can only amnesty players who were under contract with our team when the latest collective bargaining agreement was reached

AND ONE! AWWWW! Damn nanny CBA government crap!

Give us good players! Let us amnesty Loozer's ***!

Hell, id take on another AK47 like contract just to trade for Loozer, have him fly in, then rip up his contract at SL International and moon his fat balding face. AND ONE! AWWWW!

In your face Loozer! How's the hammy? AND ONE!!! AWWWW!

Then, I'd sick Michele Money onto him. Shed probably give him an STD if she didn't the first time...

AND ONE! AWWWW!

Have the Bulls had the McBucketts introduction presser yet?

If they trade his rights before he signs with them it can be done anytime. If McBucketts signed his contract he can't be traded until December, I think.

They're practically already building a statue of him next to MJs. They won't trade him.