What's new

Which Free Agent veteran players will we go for?

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];858620 said:
There is no chance in hell those players would sign here. ZERO.

LMFAO, two HOFers coming to Utah to finish their careers off the bench.

Stop playing 2K13. Now.

This is a kind version of the response I was going to give.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];858640 said:
I'd be fine with Aminu, especially now that we added a shooter (Hood).

I promise to break something expensive if the Jazz sign Aminu. Hopefully its a deal in the 3 year/4million range.

The highlights from this game show what he can do handling the ball pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbr4ABBPv3g

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];858641 said:
Snyder is gonna luv Burks.

Truth.

Who wouldn't at this stage in his career? Burks has a lot of value right now judging by my webs trollometer. Burks was considered garbage bust prior to last season and is now a player worth trading for.

Pretty much the overall sentiment of this board.

Why take minutes away from these 9? Development time, and no talk about tank, try like hell to win but we we won't win much and land a mid-to-late 2015 lottery pick.

This.
All snyder has to do is play these guys ALOT and most fans will say he has done a good job.

Who wouldn't at this stage in his career? Burks has a lot of value right now judging by my webs trollometer. Burks was considered garbage bust prior to last season and is now a player worth trading for.

Pretty much the overall sentiment of this board.

Not the case at all. Most of us were still very high on Burks as a 6th man who just needed playing time.

What type of free agent thread would this be without me mentioning;

Al-Farouq-Aminu-icon.jpg

Let me restate the case, for Aminu;

We still need an oversized, defensive minded SF. Aminu can play PF in spots too. He is absolutely a top tier rebounder from the SF spot, this guy is about the size of Favors, At this point in his career i dont mind comparing Aminu to a Giannis that cant shoot, his ballskills are not what giannis shows either, but he'd suprise ya tbh, hes very capable of grabbing a D reb and dribbling it up the court. Not much of an offensive weapon, hes a rebounder and a slasher, hes a good player to have in the rotation to switch up the look defensively vs top tier forwards. Hes still pretty young too he turns 24 near the start of the season. He knows his lane on offense, doesn't take many bad shots.

Hes very professional and supposed to be a great locker room guy. his nicknames 'the chief' I think he fits here, and you can likely get him on a multi year deal for CHEAP.
i would be ok with this.
Especially if we let hayward go

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];858641 said:
Snyder is gonna luv Burks.

Truth.
God i hope so.

Hoping he is over 30 minutes per game

Aminu would make some sense, although not sure we have more than 15 minutes a game to give him. A more depleted team could safely offer him more money.

None of the above except:

an RFA, Greg Monroe. He would be the perfect fit in our new passing/motion offense. Great passer, decent post-up game, good shooter. He's a tad small for C, but how many true Cs haven't been rendered impotent in today's NBA? I'd happily do a sign-and-trade for him with either Kanter or Hayward.

I was looking at the free agent lists. I don't see too many that I think we realistically have a shot at competing for the team.

I would love to go after Chandler Parsons but I think he will go with an established roster.

Thabo Sefolosha
Trevor Ariza
Patrick Patterson
Caron Butler
Channing Frye
Jason Smith
Shawn Marion

https://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2014.htm

I'll be fine with either McBob or Marv. Otherwise, keep the roster intact, re-sign Hayward if possibru. Bring over Tomic

Burke/Exum
Burks/Exum
Hayward/Hood
Favors/MarvorMcBob/Tomic
Kanter/Gobert/Tomic

might be hard to bring over Neto unless Burke is traded or something (which I disagree with FWIW). Will Exum be ready to start right from the get-go? Another intriguing question. If Hayward isn't re-upped, we need a SF badly-- Burks won't be able to guard other small forwards.

EDIT: COMPLETELY forgot about Rodney Hood. Man, what a clutch pick at 23!

Tomic isn't coming over to sit on the bench. Jazz need to play their young guys and decide who are the real CORE and then move some of the one who are talented for a very good vet or two. You bring in Bledsoe who is going to sit. Unless you are going to let Hayward walk there is no reason to bring in Ariza. I don't think too many solid vets are going to want to play with all these young guys and go through a development process. The Jazz specifically hired a coaching staff to DEVELOP their guys so let them do it.

Too be honest with you, I think we need some solid Vets that have been winners. I'd do this and call it an off-season

You all might hate this but, I'd gamble on the following moves (will have to overpay on both)

Paul Pierce (3 year deal) 10 million, 9 million, 8 million (t.o half guaranteed)

Pierce brings toughness, will make the other players try harder and push them to do there best.

Paul Gasol (3 year deal) 12 Million, 11 Million, 10 Million (t.o. half guaranteed)

Gasol would be a perfect fit next to Favors, Gobert, Kanter. help them work on there mid range shot and passing. Both Players want to win and would help our young talented team take another step. I think the Jazz could also make some noise in the playoffs if everyone is healthy.

My 8 man rotation would be

Burke/Exum
Burks/
Hayward/ Pierce
Kanter/ Gasol
Favors/

Both contracts would fall off in time, to resign Exum/Hood/Burke

Gasol and Pierce won't sign with us; they're looking for more rings. I do like the idea of going after JYD. His connection with Snyder might do the trick. He'd be the defensive 3 we need.

Monroe anyone?

There will need to be other moves made and he will get paid at least 12m a year.

(unless its in a double S+T for hayward like rcb1820 suggested) either way i can be convinced of taking on Monroe tbh.

Monroe just turned 24 he seems like a match with the roster to me. He fits next to a 'prime' Gobert, or Favors. If Enes is going to extend his range this year, i could see him and Monroe working together, but probably only for 1 season.

I think Evans, Marvin, and JLIII are good vets to have.

Maybe it is just me, but I want nothing to do with JLIII or Marvin. One can't play and the other did not ever even come close to his potential as a high draft pick. What is Marvin going to teach them...work ethic or how to improve your game? LOL I like Evans though.

Pretty sure Marvin comes into each season in great shape and has greatly improved his 3pt shot. He just doesn't have the mentality to live up to his potential. He is in no way a bad influence on anyone and is a quiet veteran who is going to do his job, and do it fairly well given his role.