What's new

Which Jazz players are buddies? Young Vets and mentorship?

Qman

After Chris Johnson made a nice pass to Favors on a drive last night I noticed some good chemistry between them. I also remember seeing the summer workout photos with Favors and Johnson being side by side. Am I reading too much into that?

Hayward has gone out of his way to speak out in training camp about Neto and to encourage him after every mistake.

Favors and Hayward are clearly the leaders of the team and I wonder if Trey Burke is more of an outsider.

Neto and Gobert are buddies.

Of course Ingles and Exum are good friends. Does Exum has other players on the team he relates to?

Who do you see as Jazz Buddies and who are the outsiders?

My wife and I were at the game last night. I was telling my wife about Trey's parents Tweets. She was asking me what the other players thought about Burke. I told her I wasn't sure if behind closed doors if Trey was showing the same attitude of his parents.

Also, during warm up, I really was watching Joe Ingles. That guy is just a great chemistry guy. He went and made a layup and was circling around to the end of the line again and as he was going around he was slapping hands with each player, until he came to Gordon. When he came to Gordon, Hayward put out his hand and Ingles psyched him and pulled back is hand. Ingles always seems to be good congratulating the guys and lightening up the mood. I wish Ingles focused more on his body. If he got serious about conditioning, I think he would have more quickness. But I hope he sticks with the team over the coming years.

My wife and I were at the game last night. I was telling my wife about Trey's parents Tweets. She was asking me what the other players thought about Burke. I told her I wasn't sure if behind closed doors if Trey was showing the same attitude of his parents.

Also, during warm up, I really was watching Joe Ingles. That guy is just a great chemistry guy. He went and made a layup and was circling around to the end of the line again and as he was going around he was slapping hands with each player, until he came to Gordon. When he came to Gordon, Hayward put out his hand and Ingles psyched him and pulled back is hand. Ingles always seems to be good congratulating the guys and lightening up the mood. I wish Ingles focused more on his body. If he got serious about conditioning, I think he would have more quickness. But I hope he sticks with the team over the coming years.
Agree about joe.
I think everybody likes him

I notice this team genuinely roots for one another.

I remember the days of D-Will and Boozer and the golf claps on the bench. Although Ol' Jer might have had a lot to do with that.

Dude almost beat an 8 year old girl at naming Disney princesses last night. At one point he was rattling them off at a disturbing rate. It's understandable that he doesn't have time to work on his body so much. I love Jingles.

Agree about joe.
I think everybody likes him
IMO a guy like Joe is worth way more than his on court contribution. Same thing for a different reason with a guy like Rudy (and his on court contribution is obviously very valuable). He has fire, and he lights the other guys. I also think that Lyles celebrations matter a lot. Guys like that make it fun to go to work.

IMO a guy like Joe is worth way more than his on court contribution. Same thing for a different reason with a guy like Rudy (and his on court contribution is obviously very valuable). He has fire, and he lights the other guys. I also think that Lyles celebrations matter a lot. Guys like that make it fun to go to work.
I agree.
I rarely ever criticize joe or rudy. I just like them guys too damn much

Always want a donut.
Trying to diet though
Diet Schmiet. Here you go!
giphy.gif

If u can't see it, you're as bad as he is. Sloan deserves more respect then being called Ol' Jer. Ridiculous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whether you're willing to admit it or not Sloan was not perfect. For example, fans were often calling for him to be fired as a result of his inability to comprehend the increasing importance of the three point shot either on offense or defense. He was set in his ways and would have been fired under any other owner. I admired LHM for sticking by him, but there were a lot of things Ol' Jer could have potentially done better. One of them would have been making the work environment a bit more relaxed. He was married to some pretty stupid rules (no headbands, for instance). He would have been scowling at celebrations like Lyles and Jingles did last night as well. As a matter of fact, Sloan coached players would never have done that.

Whether you're willing to admit it or not Sloan was not perfect. For example, fans were often calling for him to be fired as a result of his inability to comprehend the increasing importance of the three point shot either on offense or defense. He was set in his ways and would have been fired under any other owner. I admired LHM for sticking by him, but there were a lot of things Ol' Jer could have potentially done better. One of them would have been making the work environment a bit more relaxed. He was married to some pretty stupid rules (no headbands, for instance). He would have been scowling at celebrations like Lyles and Jingles did last night as well. As a matter of fact, Sloan coached players would never have done that.

U do realize that Quinn has adopted the same rule about the headband, and there are other teams pro and college that have similar rules. You're a dumbass if u think Sloan doesn't allow his team to celebrate in that manner. As for shooting three pointers. They were shooting more toward the end of his run. It's a huge farce that he didn't adapt his system from time to time. Don't be a complete moran!!!

U do realize that Quinn has adopted the same rule about the headband, and there are other teams pro and college that have similar rules. You're a dumbass if u think Sloan doesn't allow his team to celebrate in that manner. As for shooting three pointers. They were shooting more toward the end of his run. It's a huge farce that he didn't adapt his system from time to time. Don't be a complete moran!!!

I won't dispute being a dumbass, but I don't recall Lyles type bench celebrations ever on the Sloan led Jazz. I don't think it's because Sloan wouldn't allow it so much as that it was a cultural mismatch for him. I believe he would have frowned on it, but he never needed to because his players knew it wouldn't have gone over well and therefore they never even considered it. Sloan was a meat and potatoes lunch pail type of guy. He demanded clear leadership of his team and he had it. Once his leadership was questioned he left. This is not a criticism of his style. It was what it was. He did allow a little more three point shooting late in his career but he was way, way behind the league on that, and also behind the league regarding defending the three.

I notice this team genuinely roots for one another.

I remember the days of D-Will and Boozer and the golf claps on the bench. Although Ol' Jer might have had a lot to do with that.

I think a lot of it is just age. We are a young team so everyone relates to each other well. I'm pretty sure everyone on the team plays video games and are kind of homebodies.