What's new

Which Jazz players are buddies? Young Vets and mentorship?

Is true that he didn't utilize the 3 enough, but that said, most of his teams' problems were on defense. His offenses were usually quite effective.

I remember that his philosophy was to focus on protecting the paint and giving up the 3 because it was a low percentage shot. This worked in the old days when you only had a few 3-point sharpshooters like Larry Bird or Dell Curry, but as time progressed the average NBA player became better at the shooting the 3, and despite that it stopped working, Sloan stuck to this philosophy and was getting burned a lot by it.

I haven't looked up the actual stats, so maybe someone might want to do that, and see if I'm right on this. In any case, everyone or almost everyone is shooting the 3 now and there are lots of guy shooting at 40 percent or better, which makes it a huge weapon that needs to be defended.

I always thought saying "ol jer" was like a term of endearment. Like how we think about the good old days. Obviously no one denies he is a legend.

I always thought saying "ol jer" was like a term of endearment. Like how we think about the good old days. Obviously no one denies he is a legend.
Me too.

Literally couldn't have imagined there was anything offensive about it until I got politically correctly educated by Thee. I guess it should surprise no one that there's always someone out there prepared to get offended by virtually anything.

My wife and I were at the game last night. I was telling my wife about Trey's parents Tweets. She was asking me what the other players thought about Burke. I told her I wasn't sure if behind closed doors if Trey was showing the same attitude of his parents.

Also, during warm up, I really was watching Joe Ingles. That guy is just a great chemistry guy. He went and made a layup and was circling around to the end of the line again and as he was going around he was slapping hands with each player, until he came to Gordon. When he came to Gordon, Hayward put out his hand and Ingles psyched him and pulled back is hand. Ingles always seems to be good congratulating the guys and lightening up the mood. I wish Ingles focused more on his body. If he got serious about conditioning, I think he would have more quickness. But I hope he sticks with the team over the coming years.

I loved this post. I fully agree about retaining him too. You need some bench guys like that. And it could be great in swaying Exum to stay if that becomes an issue.

If u can't see it, you're as bad as he is. Sloan deserves more respect then being called Ol' Jer. Ridiculous!!
You son of a bitch...how dare you call him "Sloan" and not by his legal full name...Mr. Gerald Eugene Sloan. How dare you insult a legend. What is wrong with you??!!!