What's new

Which Los Angeles Team will Blake Griffin end up with?

Which Los Angeles Team will Blake Griffin end up with?

• Los Angeles Lakers

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Los Angeles Clippers

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • The Brooklyn Nets

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
Man his numbers the last two years are rough. I think its a combo of being washed and not trying all that hard. I'd probably talk myself into it but it isn't a home run for whoever brings him in.

I mean, if he wants to come sign for the minimum you have to do it. The upside is huge compared to little downside.

Agree mostly with both of these, even if they're slightly opposed.

I don't get super excited when I look at him. But if you're bringing in a guy on a minimum deal who two years ago was averaging 25 ppg to take some of Niang's minutes, it's worth it to see if you can discover at least a sliver of that. If it's a motivation issue and you can get him up, then that's pretty valuable. But the biggest loss is possible opportunity cost, like if a better guy got waived that would provide more value, I don't think we'd be the type of team to waive a big name like Griffin who willingly signed with us. But if we're willing to do that, then yes.

A few years ago there had supposedly been talk of him getting moved to our team (summer of Hayward decision or the year before) and he was expecting it and apparently on board. I forget where that came from, but it had come from a legitimate source, but there was never any other details on it.

He would probably be pretty motivated in a series against the Clippers.

Just sayin'.

He is a less mobile, less skilled Bojan at this point. Not sure what he would add. What we need at that spot is defense above all, and he won't add that. I would pass on him personally. He won't really make us better and would likely be very disruptive to team chemistry.
He's a far better passer... they really aren't similar players as Bojan is a far better shooter.

We've never had a good passing big man and that's something I've wanted to see. His catch and shoot 3p% is 35% so could be a pick and pop option.

He's only 31
How can he be worn out already although he put up lots of tough minutes his first ten years
He would have a very good chance of getting ring with Jazz
Too many structural injuries, makes it hard on big men to recover fully. So his joints and ligaments are all messed up and he has lost a lot of mobility though it all. And he is aging, so even though he is 31, due to the multitude of injuries his body is closer to 36 or older.

He's a far better passer... they really aren't similar players as Bojan is a far better shooter.

We've never had a good passing big man and that's something I've wanted to see. His catch and shoot 3p% is 35% so could be a pick and pop option.
I'd be interested in a Conley/Griffin two-man game.

Too many structural injuries, makes it hard on big men to recover fully. So his joints and ligaments are all messed up and he has lost a lot of mobility though it all. And he is aging, so even though he is 31, due to the multitude of injuries his body is closer to 36 or older.
This is why he was on my DND list. He is a walking injury.

Blake at this point is burnt toast. You may be able to scrub off some of the burnt parts to get some taste. But it’s beyond its point of return.

I wouldn't take Blake over Niang at this point. He's obviously a better playmaker, but he wouldn't be a playmaker. He's a much, much worse defender.

How much money would RHJ make if he shot 35% from 3? I think its crazy the guy has so many things he can do on the court and apparently its the one thing he doesn't do that gets all the focus.

How much money would RHJ make if he shot 35% from 3? I think its crazy the guy has so many things he can do on the court and apparently its the one thing he doesn't do that gets all the focus.
I’ll tell you what he can do...

He can take some of Favors’ minutes when he’s welded to the floor.

I’ll tell you what he can do...

He can take some of Favors’ minutes when he’s welded to the floor.
There were a lot of interesting things we could have tried at backup center... Favs was a better bet but that contract will become a slight problem.

Dwight Howard is making like $2M.

Alright,

If we signed Blake and he played 18 minutes, what would his stats be?

Now,

If we signed Karl and he played 18 minutes, what would his stats be?