What's new

Which New Guy Will Have the Biggest Impact?

Which New Guy Will Have the Biggest Impact this Season For The Jazz?

• Jared Butler

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Rudy Gay

Votes: 49 66.2%
  • Eric Paschall

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Hassan Whiteside

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • MaCio Teague

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Someone We Have Yet to Sign or Trade For

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kabenac

We've upgraded the bench yet again! Which new player will have the biggest impact for us this season?

The only players that will be in the regular rotation are Gay and Whiteside. Gay probably gets twice a many minutes as Whiteside, so...

I do like the someone we have yet to trade for option, but that might not be too likely.

I'm still hoping for one more solid trade this year. Probably towards the deadline, but I think that player will have the biggest impact. But Gay is the most likely to have the biggest impact. I would love if it was Butler or Paschall, but I'm not expecting that.

I don't know. Teague if there's an injury. What's that rule of thumb? If you can defend and shoot then you are an all-star. And those just don't grow on trees..

Well the funny thing is, if you forget the red flags. Older age, hitch on shot..then he does look the part. I am just saying..

Last edited:
We don't count Oni and Doke as new guys because DL is gone or what? I mean with the 15 pounds of muscle these guys have added they are like amazing free agent acquisitions.

In a really hopeful and wishful thinking kind of way I voted for Paschall fwiw. He doesn't seem highly athletic, but maybe he can be an improvement on minivan in other ways too.

It's Gays to lose for sure. It's gotta be him. If not, we may be in trouble.

I want to say Teague. I thought he looked really composed during the summer league. Then again, he didn't even start in summer league with Butler out so he feels like a player we all like that Quin won't play. I can't comment on Butler because he didn't play summer league. No real look.

I really really really hope that Butler is the answer.

I think it is Gays to lose at this moment as he will probably be part of the core 8.

Whiteside is also another option because I think Gobert needs some time to rest and Whiteside can give him that I hope.

Paschall has potential to be a contributor but I just dont see him getting enough time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

Gay is basically guaranteed to be 7th or 8th in minutes imo if healthy. The rest of the guys are not really locks to be in the rotation all year. Whiteside likely is but we also may try small ball and prefer to allocate minutes that way.