What's new

Whiny Game Thread #2 - Jazz v. Mavs

Our team is injured. Our only losses are two home-openers to playoff teams. Time to complain about our 8th or 9th guy (whose time on the floor is fated to drop, perhaps drastically), right?
Nope, I started in the off season.

I appreciated Mack for his role last season,but I completely disagreed when the FO picked up his option.

Am I not allowed to dislike a player?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I love that promo. Its hilarious and its awesome when the crowd actually does win the chicken. I was the first game against the blazers last year and somebody (i think it was meyers leonard) missed both free throws in the 4th quarter and we all went ape ****.

Then i went to chick fil a like 3 or 4 times that week and kept using my ticket stub to get teh free chickens over and over. They never took my ticket stub. I just showed it to them and the gave me chicken. Good times.
Fish working the system. Love it.

Nope, I started in the off season.

I appreciated Mack for his role last season,but I completely disagreed when the FO picked up his option.

Am I not allowed to dislike a player?

I said "Hate"... you're saying "dislike". Can we agree there's an important difference here?

Lol. This

I tried to watch some of the baseball game. Pitcher throws a pitch. Its a ball. Everyone stands around for a while. pitcher throws to first to try to catch the dude leading off. Dude is safe. Everyone stands around for a while. Pitcher tries to get the dude at first again. Dude is safe again. everyone stands around for a while. Pitcher throws a pitch and it gets fouled away. Everyone stands around for a while. Pitcher throws a pitch. Batter swings and misses. Everyone stands around. Pitcher throws a pitch. Its an easy pop up fly ball for an out. Everyone stands around. At this point i gave up and changed the channel. You have to wait too long for something to happen in baseball.

This is definitely true for any regular season game. Boring. And they play so many games, that each individual game means almost nothing.

But, I think the downtime between plays actually helps crank up the tension in the postseason. I didn't care who won last night, but it was riveting watching all the people/players who did care. I can't remember watching a non-Jazz game where I felt like more was on the line. Great game. Would've been absolutely beyond epic had the Indians won on a walk-off in the 10th, though. Oh well.

This is definitely true for any regular season game. Boring. And they play so many games, that each individual game means almost nothing.

But, I think the downtime between plays actually helps crank up the tension in the postseason. I didn't care who won last night, but it was riveting watching all the people/players who did care. I can't remember watching a non-Jazz game where I felt like more was on the line. Great game. Would've been absolutely beyond epic had the Indians won on a walk-off in the 10th, though. Oh well.
Good post. I can appreciate that.

Lol. This

I tried to watch some of the baseball game. Pitcher throws a pitch. Its a ball. Everyone stands around for a while. pitcher throws to first to try to catch the dude leading off. Dude is safe. Everyone stands around for a while. Pitcher tries to get the dude at first again. Dude is safe again. everyone stands around for a while. Pitcher throws a pitch and it gets fouled away. Everyone stands around for a while. Pitcher throws a pitch. Batter swings and misses. Everyone stands around. Pitcher throws a pitch. Its an easy pop up fly ball for an out. Everyone stands around. At this point i gave up and changed the channel. You have to wait too long for something to happen in baseball.

I never watch the regular season nor even the playoffs for that matter but somehow I always get sucked into the World Series. This year there was a little more drama as the two teams playing hadn't been for 70+ years. It wasn't another year of the Yankees. Last night's game was pretty tense at the end.

I think too much is being pushed off on Mack. I felt like the other players with him were stagnant and didn't play very hard during that bad stretch. Yeah he had some bad shots but so did others during the same stretch, but really the bigger problem was we basically stopped playing defense during that stretch. Mack had a bad game, no doubt, but that lapse was not entirely on his shoulders alone.

I said "Hate"... you're saying "dislike". Can we agree there's an important difference here?
Yes we can.

I don't hate him but I'd prefer that he plays less, a lot less, like play Neto ahead of him.

Lol. This

Right? And the spitting . . . ugh, the spitting. Nonstop. It's disgusting. I can see that they need to do something to liven up all the downtime in their sport, but couldn't they have come up with something other than chewing tobacco? Now it seems that no matter what they are chewing or not chewing, spitting is a tradition. Will they really lose the game if they swallow instead?

I watched the last inning because history (and the Jazz game being over).

Lol. This

Yep. Most boring sport on the planet except for maybe soccer or golf. Badminton maybe?

I do like a good Salt Lake Bees game. Baseball is fun live. Maybe because of the hot dogs, pretzels, peanuts, ice cream.

Yes we can.

I don't hate him but I'd prefer that he plays less, a lot less, like play Neto ahead of him.

To me, it obvious that Synder is going to Mack when he wants to get a couple of buckets. That's not the sort of thing you turn to Neto for.

I do like a good Salt Lake Bees game. Baseball is fun live. Maybe because of the hot dogs, pretzels, peanuts, ice cream.

So really you like carnivals. If a baseball game happens to be going on at the same time that's fine.

So really you like carnivals. If a baseball game happens to be going on at the same time that's fine.
Exactly! Plus you have your own seat at the game, which puts it a step above a carnival.

I enjoy playing baseball. Live games are fun with friends and beer but that is more about friends, beer and heckling. Baseball on TV is hard to watch, I keep getting distracted by the slightly more interesting walls and floors to blankly stare at.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using JazzFanz mobile app

To me, it obvious that Synder is going to Mack when he wants to get a couple of buckets. That's not the sort of thing you turn to Neto for.
Fair point. When G comes back then you can look to JJ for that and Neto's defense and ball movement > Mack's defense and ball movement.

Mack's shooting > Neto's shooting and I can see the need for that right now.

Agreed.
I like going to games