What's new

Who do you think the Jazz will Draft?

What's the difference between Ed Davis and Larry Sanders?

Also, why is Davis talked about so much more than Patterson or Sanders? Especially Patterson, who at least from what I've seen, has a far more refined game. It's not like Davis is going to be a player for a while. He's skinner than Andrei. That's not solving our situation down low anytime soon. In fact, I'd be down right pissed if we take Davis. We cannot have our PF/C weigh as much as our PG.
I guess considering that Patterson and Sanderson aren't exactly heavy either...

But anyway, drafting 200-220 pound big men isn't going to change anything.

I think the Jazz should go after a wing. Work next year's draft/FA to get a big if all that's left are these 200 pound big men at #9. Perhaps if we get multiple picks in the first round we can roll the dice on one of these big men projects. But not with just the #9 pick alone. We cannot lose Boozer, a 260 pound 20 point 10 rebound guy who is the focus of our offense and replace him with a 200 pounder who's going to take 3 years to sniff the court. Doing so is a few steps backwards.

Might as well draft another shooter or someone that can create to ease the pressure of Deron.

I agree - I would love them to get the celtics pick and draft whiteside as a project with the wing at #9

I seriously do believe that the Jazz will draft Patterson or Babbit if they're available at 9. I'll give the edge to Patterson. I think the kid has a great attitude, a good offensive game, is a hard nosed player, and has good enough size. At the very worst, he's Millsap.

Babbit, because he'll replace Korver

DraftExpress, NBADraft.net, HoopsHype, Chad Ford 6.0 all say the Jazz will draft one Luke Babbitt. The interweb can’t be wrong, can it?

I keep seeing Ed Davis as our pick in the mocks. I agree with Thriller though that Patterson is a legit option for the Jazz, a hard working, do-it-all team player.

What I want: Trade up to get Cousins

What will happen: Draft Babbitt; Which I don't mind. I like him just worried about his man to man defense on SF's in the league. Good help defender though. If he fails it won't be because of effort. His outside shot is very good and he is athletic and long. Rare combination. I think the guy who worked with Brewer, Millsap etc on there agility the last few off seasons could really help out.

I, like many Jazz fans, have been looking at this draft as a way to fill a need. We Jazz fans have been burned by this to many times in the past. We need to look at the best player available even if it is a redundancy. That at least can translate into a tradable asset. So looking these players, which is the best overall player?

Babbit
Davis
Patterson
Henry
Hayward

DraftExpress, NBADraft.net, HoopsHype, Chad Ford 6.0 all say the Jazz will draft one Luke Babbitt. The interweb can’t be wrong, can it?
The interweb has changed its mind. DraftExpress, NBADraft.net, HoopsHype, Chad Ford 7.0 now all say the Jazz will draft Ed Davis.