What's new

Who gets waived?

Which player(s) will be waived before the season starts?

• Butler

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Dok

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • NAW

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Bolmaro

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Stanley Johnson

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Saben Lee

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • Gay

Votes: 31 48.4%

• Total voters

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
The roster is currently at 18 guys. There's probably a good chance that more trades are coming before the season starts, but if not, 3 guys will have to be waived to get the roster down to 15 by opening night. Who do you think is on the chopping block?

Ben10

Question, with ex10 contracts if you wave the guy you can designate him as one of your 5 designated Gleague players. Can you do the same if you wave a guy with a normal contract as long as they clear wavers?

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Lee and Butler... final roster spot is either Stanley getting moved into a tpe or waiving Dok. Based on us acquiring 3 centers (who's ethnicity I will not mention) this week I am not sure the team is sold on Dok being healthy or a long term prospect.

Saint Cy of JFC

Lee and Butler... final roster spot is either Stanley getting moved into a tpe or waiving Dok. Based on us acquiring 3 centers (who's ethnicity I will not mention) this week I am not sure the team is sold on Dok being healthy or a long term prospect.
Given the Andy Larsen reporting (or just tweeting) of Dok looking good in the off-season I think he stays.

The stuff Utah has been posting on social media lately Dok looks to be in great shape.

campaignist

It will be whoever it's cheapest to waive, since the contracts stay on the books. I'm guessing Butler, Johnson, Lee.

stitches

Bolmaro... Stanley Johson... Wonder about Lee... but this trade is spinning my mind in a loop and I don't know what to think about Lee.

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
FFS I was going to make a joke about us sending Stanley Johnson and Butler out for more players, longer-term salaries, and dead weight, but as I went through the trade checker trying to find bad trades that make no sense, I literally couldn’t make a worse trade than the Beverley and Bogdanovic trades. Seriously. Go try it.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Bolmaro... Stanley Johson... Wonder about Lee... but this trade is spinning my mind in a loop and I don't know what to think about Lee.
I like Lee kind of… but Detroit gave us cash considerations equal to Lee’s salary… so that tells me he isn’t a sweetener but an add in. They will likely look at him through camp and if he plays well he may not get cut but as of right now I think he’s #1 on the chopping block.