What's new

Who to take at 53

prodigy

Looking through the history of 53rd pick you'll find it pretty underwhelming. But there is one name that does stand out..Greg Buckner. What does it all mean? It could just be a coincidence...or is it destiny?

Who do you want the jazz to take at 53?

Not sure about Buckner, but certainly another kind of buck...

hqdefault.jpg

Jaylen Nowell, Brian Bowen, Jontay Porter if he falls, DaQuan Jeffries. David Locke said he thinks the Jazz really like Jordan Bone from Tennessee at 53.

They'll just trade the pick for cash considerations I bet. If not, maybe Charles Matthews, Jontay Porter or Jordan Bone.

If we keep it I like the idea of drafting a wing who may have some upside or a shot creating guard like Jordan Poole.

One of the scouts in the Finch article in the Athletic said he wouldn’t be surprised if Bone goes late 1st round.

Jordan Bone, 6-3 guard, Tennessee, 21. “Freak athlete. He was one or two in every combine testing. He’s going to surprise some people. Great upside. Rick Barnes is really tough on his point guards, and this kid got through it and survived and got better. It wouldn’t shock me if he goes late first round. His feel and decision-making and knowing the position will take some time. He needs to continue to improve as a shooter. I think toward the end of the season he was playing more for the NBA than for his team. He wasn’t looking for people as much.”

Brian Bowen
Allen Smailagic
Jordan Bone

Still hoping the Jazz trade up into the early part of round two to draft a high upside guy like Bazley or Lecque.