Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Johnson

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Mitchell

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Gobert

Votes: 22 31.0%

• Total voters
Quin is not going to allow that. It's a losing play. Rubio will find out soon enough Favors is no Karl Anthony Towns.

Maybe...Quin has refused to play Favors-Gobert when it matters. Still, I think Favors is going to do whatever he wants...and he wants to take those jumpers.

With that said, he'll still find a way to get some attempts at the rim. He'll be going against smaller players, catch more offensive rebounds (hopefully), and our offense will force feed it into the paint regardless of if it's helping or not. Favors is going to have a career high in PPG, book it. It's contract time.

Whether that actually helps the team or not remains to be seen.

Westbrook had a TS% of 55.4% this past season and his team hardly struggled.

.554 is pretty poor for a high volume shooter. Players like Westbrook and Duncan get a pass because of all the other things they do, but ideally you want your mass shooters to be closer to .600 or better. .57 should be the minimum.

Westbrook had a TS% of 55.4% this past season and his team hardly struggled.

Mediocre team, below average offense (ranked 17th). I'd call that struggling. Primarily due to Westbrook's inefficiency. They lacked a second scorer, so he had little choice but to be high volume.

I voted Burks. Not because I think he will actually be the leader, but I think he has the potential to be. A healthy Burks is easily the best offensive player on the team. No one can get to the basket or to the line like he does. With Gordon out, will this finally be the season that Burks does what he does best and scores?

Surprised to see Mitchell so far down on people's lists. If he gets playing time he's going to score. He is so fast he's going to make his own shots and if his shot is hot look out. Hopefully Hood and Favors lead the list but I think Mitchell is going to be #3. Then there's Rudy who could lead it all if he keeps improving. But it's Mitchell that I'm most interested to see.

This thread is fun to look back on.

Current results

1. Donovan Mitchell - 17.7
2. Rodney Hood - 17.6
3. Derrick Favors - 12.0
4. Ricky Rubio - 11.8
5. Rudy Gobert - 11.6
6. Joe Ingles - 10.4
7. Alec Burks - 10.3

Top 7 = 91.4 ppg

Last year (for reference)

1. Gordon Hayward - 21.9