What's new

Who's back next season?

Which of these guys do you think are still here on opening night next season?

• Quin

• Rudy

• Donovan

• Conley

• Bogey

• Royce

• Clarkson

• Gay

• Whiteside

• House

Results are only viewable after voting.
Simply put, you make trades where you get the best return to make your team better. If that is one or both of Rudy and Don, great. I have a feeling Rudy is undervalued and Don is overvalued on the trade market.

On Checketts show today, Andy Larsen said he thinks Don and Royce are likely back, Rudy likely gets moved and Conley, Bogey and Clarkson he's not sure about...it depends on the trade market, but he doesn't think the Jazz will trade them just to dump them, they'll want to get value back. Checketts said when he was at game 6 someone in the organization told him "You're about to see why we hired Danny Ainge, he's the best in the world at what he's about to do".
Also said Ryan has two missions… to win a championship and to make Utah cool… which is some corny **** imo. The coolest thing is not caring if others think you are cool… you can’t make cool happen.

Also said Ryan has two missions… to win a championship and to make Utah cool… which is some corny **** imo. The coolest thing is not caring if others think you are cool… you can’t make cool happen.
The heart of coolness is actually not giving a ****, so the dork is really ****ing this up.

The heart of coolness is actually not giving a ****, so the dork is really ****ing this up.
I know some guys that were in his BYU ward… said he was just a nerdy computer guy… I told them they should have been friends with him and I’d be running the Jazz by now.

Tony Jones was on Bill Riley's show...

-Unless something unforeseen happens he expects Quin back, said he doesn't think he ever even came close to actually leaving and that he's under contact for next season and has a coach's option for the season after.
-The Jazz have no plans to trade Donovan and are looking to build the team around him.
-He thinks Rudy could go either way, a lot depends on what happens between Rudy and the front office during his exit interview and what the market for him is like, what assets they could get in return. Say's it's 50/50 at this point.
-The Jazz aren't afraid to run it back next year with both Rudy and Donovan, but the roster around them will for sure look a lot different. Said the argument could be made from the Jazz's point of view that Rudy and Donovan are really good and that the problem is the rest of the roster around them just isn't good enough/is aging out. Threre will be significant changes to the roster regardless of whether both or just one of Don/Rudy is back next season.

Last edited:

-Unless something unforeseen happens he expects Quin back, said he doesn't think he ever even came close to actually leaving and that he's under contact for next season and has a coach's option for the season after.
-The Jazz have no plans to trade Donovan and are looking to build the team around him.
-He thinks Rudy could go either way, a lot depends on what happens between Rudy and the front office during his exit interview and what the market for him is like, what assets they could get in return. Say's it's 50/50 at this point.
-The Jazz aren't afraid to run it back next year with both Rudy and Donovan, but the roster around them will for sure look a lot different. Said the argument could be made from the Jazz's point of view that Rudy and Donovan are really good and that the problem is the rest of the roster around them just isn't good enough/is aging out. Threre will be significant changes to the roster regardless of whether both or just one of Don/Rudy is back next season.

Coach's option? Is that really a thing? Never heard of that before.

TJ was also on Checketts show today...said the Jazz definitely aren't going to re-build, it will be a re-tool and they're determined to stay competitive. The Jazz aren't going to trade Donovan, they would think long and hard before trading Clarkson, they still really value Rudy but there's a chance he gets traded, the rest of the roster is expendable, and no one is really safe. The Jazz would like to buy into the second round of the draft, and if they wind up in the first round then that likely means that they've traded Gobert. Jazz know they need to get bigger on the perimeter.

Last edited:
TJ was also on Checketts show today...said the Jazz definitely aren't going to re-build, it will be a re-tool and they're determined to stay competitive. The Jazz aren't going to trade Donovan, they would think long and hard before trading Clarkson, they still really value Rudy but there's a chance he gets traded, the rest of the roster is expendable, and no one is really safe. The Jazz would like to buy into the second round of the draft, and if they wind up in the first round then that likely means that they've traded Gobert. Jazz know they need to get bigger and get more wings.
This is just what the organization says so NY has to bowl them over with a huge offer. We will see what happens when the ping pong balls drop.

Wiggins, Kuminga, Moody, Wiseman, and all future picks. ?

That’s quite a haul.

Last off season I remember the rumors of GS wanting Ingles and them offering a package that included Moody. I love Ingles but getting Moody had me kinda hard.

Maybe I’m too high on Moody (post draft) but if you could swing something close to this haul - Jazz might need to make them take Gay as well - I think that’d be pretty sweet.

You’d take a step back losing Gobert but hopefully Azabiuke can stay healthy and be 70% of what Gobert brought defensively, coupled with a 20% better offensive game. ?Maybe re-sign Whiteside in the same backup role.

What do y’all think about Moody, post draft?

I know the Jazz don’t want to trade either star to a western conference team but this seems like a pretty decent haul of young prospects.

Why would we send Gobert to a western conference team??? Ship him out east if anything

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

TJ was also on Checketts show today...said the Jazz definitely aren't going to re-build, it will be a re-tool and they're determined to stay competitive. The Jazz aren't going to trade Donovan, they would think long and hard before trading Clarkson, they still really value Rudy but there's a chance he gets traded, the rest of the roster is expendable, and no one is really safe. The Jazz would like to buy into the second round of the draft, and if they wind up in the first round then that likely means that they've traded Gobert. Jazz know they need to get bigger on the perimeter.
By the time this is over, the FO will have talked themselves into running it back and re-signing Ingles, Favors, and Dante Exum.

Is this message not already materially different than we heard last week?